True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2006 :  3:09:05 PM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!!!

Deb from the UK Thanks for the mailart. I was so excited to receive it.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

CathyM
True Blue Farmgirl

344 Posts

Cathy
Tulsa OK
USA
344 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2006 :  11:40:12 AM  Show Profile
Hey everyone,
I want to thank everyone that sent me a Christmas card. I got so many it was wonderful and my family enjoyed seeing them also.
I'm glad to see that some of you received your cards. Glad to see that you, Debby, received yours, I was wondering how long it would take for it to get to you.
I will be starting on my mail art soon I hope. I have a lot going on here right now so I will be making some time, hopefully more than just a few minutes, to make create some mail art.
Peace to all
Cathy
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2006 :  07:03:01 AM  Show Profile
Hi Girls
Haven't been here long, what is mail art?
Nancy Jo
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2006 :  10:18:30 AM  Show Profile
Hi Nancy, You might want to go to the first few pages of this topic and read through, You will learn a lot about what it is. Then if you want to become a part of this sign up on the following link.

kate@maryjanesfarm.org
Eileen

Songbird; singing joy to the earth

Edited by - Eileen on Jan 25 2006 10:21:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2006 :  2:38:18 PM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!!!

I am hoping that Valentine's Day will make all of us feel motivated to get the mail art project moving along again. It was going strong in Summer, 2005, and I know that it can really flourish again.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2006 :  5:04:07 PM  Show Profile

Already got a jump on it. Since the weather has been nothing but rainy, been plenty of time to come up with ideas and start making cards. Did as many as I could for Valentine's, now working on ideas to welcome in spring. My goal is to go through the complete list at least once. Creative juices are flowing.

Anne

"Second star to the right, straight on till morning" Peter Pan
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2006 :  10:40:40 PM  Show Profile
lOOKING FORWARD to the mail art thing myself. Think I will put up a farmgirl bullitin board to put anything I might get on that. Boy that doesn't look like the correct spelling for bullitin does it. Where is that spell check button?
Go to Top of Page

MNFarmGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

USA
52 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2006 :  08:30:21 AM  Show Profile
What a neat thing you ladies have started, I am excited to get involved but I had a question. Do you post pictures of the ones you sent or recieved so we can see them? I loved looking at the ones MJ got, you all are so talented. Aubrey

"Agriculture...is our wisest pursuit, because it will in the end conribute most to real wealth, good morals and happiness." Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2006 :  3:53:44 PM  Show Profile
Aubrey -

I think it would be fun to post photos of some of the mailart we receive. I am not so sure I want to post what I create since I want it to be a surprise to the recipients Photos are great because it generates more creative ideas too.

Anne

Go to Top of Page

luvpinktoo
Farmgirl at Heart

7 Posts

Cathy P.
Powder Springs GA
USA
7 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2006 :  08:43:27 AM  Show Profile
I'm gearing up for my first Valentine's Day mail art mailing and I'm so excited. I think this project will feed my obsession with cardmaking! I have already made a batch of birthday cards to distrute to the girls at work and now I have an excuse to make even more! I think I'll try to target each holiday to send out the art and will hope to get through the entire list by the end of the year.

---Aspire to Inspire those around you.---
Go to Top of Page

kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2006 :  7:31:01 PM  Show Profile
Getting ready to send out a batch of mail art to my fellow farmgirls. I hope you all are having a great day!!!

Jessica~Miss Wilma's Niece
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2006 :  11:51:13 AM  Show Profile
got a real cute valentine mail art today from Cathy Purdy, will put it with my farmgirl stuff. Thankyou Cathy!!
Nancy Jo
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2006 :  08:03:25 AM  Show Profile
Hey gals!

I printed out the mail art list of addresses and I can't wait to get started. I feel a bit hokey, though....like my cards are gonna be cheesy compared to all y'all gifted gals. So, just humor me....if you get one and it's cheesy just say, "Aw, bless her little heart, she tried her best"!

Blessings
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2006 :  11:12:51 AM  Show Profile
Don't worry Catherine, I haven't got a clue what I will be sending, just hope its mail art.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2006 :  12:18:10 PM  Show Profile
Heck, Catherine, I LOVE cheese!

Come visit my Etsy store at www.chezPatricia.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2006 :  1:46:18 PM  Show Profile
The unconditional love is just real gushy here at this site!

Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

pollyesther
Farmgirl in Training

35 Posts

Karen
FL
USA
35 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2006 :  9:54:24 PM  Show Profile
I would love to participate. Could someone please guide me in the right direction to the most current guidelines etc. I tried locating within the thread, but as it 60+ pages long, was having a difficult time and wasn't sure if I went back too far to the original posts, if the info would still be in effect.
Thank you so much!!
Go to Top of Page

Kate
MaryJane's Farmgirl

135 Posts

Kate
Moscow ID
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2006 :  08:30:25 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Karen~
I received your e-mail this morning and I have all of your information!! I'll sign you up and send you all the information you need to get started!! Thanks for joining!!
Kate

Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it.....unless they are spelling mistakes.
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2006 :  1:06:03 PM  Show Profile
I got an adorable Valentine's Mail Art from Cathy Purdy yesterday! Thank you, Cathy. It sure is nice to open the mailbox and find such pleasant surprises.

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

luvpinktoo
Farmgirl at Heart

7 Posts

Cathy P.
Powder Springs GA
USA
7 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2006 :  09:07:25 AM  Show Profile
Wow! It seems as though my mailing is slowly reaching their destinations. I sent several out and even gave myself over a week before Valentines to get to their new home, but looks like many are still in transit. Let me know if you got them so I can tell how long it is taking to get to everyone. Thanks to Ellen for your "thank you" Valendtines and I'm glad everyone is enjoying the postcards I sent. I'm getting ready to send out St. Patrick's Day and then I'll be at work on Spring/Easter!

---Aspire to Inspire those around you.---
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2006 :  09:30:22 AM  Show Profile
I sent out a lot of Valentine mail art, too, and nobody said they got them. I wonder what's becoming of all our stuff?

Come visit my Etsy store at www.chezPatricia.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2006 :  09:52:36 AM  Show Profile
Cathy
I got one from you, and of course put it in my farm girl file, thankyou, it was very cute, I wrote you before but in case you didn't get that message here is a back up one.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2006 :  3:46:44 PM  Show Profile
Patricia -

I am beginning to wonder also about if the mailart is getting to it's destination. I'm working my way through the list slowly, starting with the A's and I am to the H's right now. I sent out about 30 for Valentine's and another 20 or so went out with a type of spring theme. I am going to start working on an Easter one, but am wondering are they getting to their destination. I heard from three farmgirls. Not that I think I should hear from everyone (because not all check the forum regularly) but it would be nice to know that the stuff is getting to someone. I love doing the mailart, but if it is not reaching the girls, then there might be something wrong. I do put a return address on each piece just in case, and did have one come back for extra postage, but that was just one piece from about 50. Hmmm.

Anne

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2006 :  6:30:32 PM  Show Profile
Patricia...I got your adorable card..and I bet I forgot to thank you...I loved it!!!
Boy, I am such a slacker lately!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2006 :  05:30:24 AM  Show Profile
GIRLS,
Kate sent me the mail art list yesterday,{thanks kate} so I will be starting to send out some mail, really like this idea, everybody loves mail!!
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 56 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Archived Mail Art Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page