sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2005 :  4:00:08 PM  Show Profile
Missy never worry about money. I'm in the same boat as you. We all understand. Emailing cards is fine way to do it and it saves some trees in the mean time.

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2005 :  4:42:59 PM  Show Profile
I love knowing that angels from Eileen are circling the earth no matter where they are! Aunt Jenny, good to know also that you have the mail art journal. You will love it deeply and treat it kindly, and I wish I could see it after you! But tell us - what does it look like right now?

"Sell cleverness and buy wonder"
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2005 :  4:43:59 PM  Show Profile
Aunt Jenny, I am so glad it finally got there.!!! Yeah! I had another talk with the post mistress about them yesterday and she said that if they got completely separated from their envelopes they would go to the dead letter office in San Francisco or somewhere and stay 3 months and then be trashed. So I am asking all my farmgirl friends to send up energy to bring all the angels home to their recipients so that they will not be burned. Maybe they are just waiting to be Advent cards. I did not sign up for the christmas card list because of the expense of sending these last ones out only to have them lost. So Please send up some prayers.
Thanks Eileen

Songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2005 :  5:10:42 PM  Show Profile
Oh the journal..it is lovely!!
It has wonderful long entries from MaryJane, Meg, Cindylou, Julie Bell, with lots of pictures and recipes and neat little things like a tiny quilt from Julie bell, pressed Pansies from CindyLou and fabric pieces and cute pictures from Jeannie and some great pictures from Nancy (Quiltedess) too...so much to read and love. I will for sure put in some new pictures and add my 2 cents...what fun!! I am not sure yet who it goes to next...could be YOU!!

Jenny in Utah
It's astonishing how short a time it takes for very wonderful things to happen...Frances Burnette
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2005 :  04:48:14 AM  Show Profile
Oh I can't wait to get the journal, sounds wonderful and I know you will add more grace to it Aunt Jenny! Looking forward to reading everyones page!

" Aspire to Inspire before you Expire"

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2005 :  1:05:51 PM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!!!

A note to all of those who are worried about high postage costs, please know that electronic holiday greetings are equally wonderful.
The point of all this is "building bridges" not causing anyone financial hardship.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2005 :  5:27:03 PM  Show Profile
Connie, I want to second that...In fact, if I can't do what I want after my surgery--I will do the electonic greeting. We are a laid back group and I am grateful for that....No judgement and what a safe place to 'fall'
Go to Top of Page

Kate
MaryJane's Farmgirl

135 Posts

Kate
Moscow ID
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2005 :  09:39:35 AM  Show Profile
Rebekka

~ Thank you so much for the great mail art!! Emil loved being included in it too!!

Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it.....unless they are spelling mistakes.
Go to Top of Page

kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2005 :  07:37:52 AM  Show Profile
Hey guys. My computer is finally back to working. I love the little email greetings indeed. Please don't think that my last post was a big whine indeed. I just had no idea if people were getting letters sent back or where the mail went to because it had been months since I received a piece of anything. :( I haven't moved or anything and my info was correct on the list. I did get to do the mailart boogie this week with a few Christmas cards and special cards. Makes your little heart smile when someone thinks of you indeed.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas. I look forward to seeing the Farmgirl Journal one day as well. :)

Jessica~Miss Wilma's Niece
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16373 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16373 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2005 :  08:04:52 AM  Show Profile
Good to have you back, Jessica! I had a nice long chat with your Aunt, our Miss Wilma last week. I am sooooooo lucky to have her in my life and cherish you on this forum and the important work you do with farmers in your area. Holiday hugs!!!! Come visit us and spend a day looking through our stack of Premiere Tour Journals. Bring plenty of hankies, though. Looking through them is an incredible "happy-tears" journey.
Go to Top of Page

kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2005 :  06:34:11 AM  Show Profile
Hey there Mary Jane! I will be seeing my aunt this weekend over the holidays. She is a pure hoot indeed. I think that sometime in the next year or two I may venture up your way to see the beautiful works on your farm! Wilma has told me such wonderful things about them.

Christmas hugs to you and the crew!! Plenty of waves from the farm girls here in Lexington to all the way to Idaho!!!

Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2005 :  08:48:56 AM  Show Profile
Wow!!!
I have received so many wonderful christmas greetings from so many of you that I am overwhelmed. Thank you all so very much.
Eileen

Go to Top of Page

kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2005 :  5:35:43 PM  Show Profile
I did the mail art boogie again yesterday with 2 beautiful Christmas cards. :) They are going in my scrapbook of farm girl memories!! Thanks guys!

Go to Top of Page

Debs
True Blue Farmgirl

100 Posts

Debs
Wellington
New Zealand
100 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2005 :  12:55:22 AM  Show Profile
Meadowlark Jenny - thank you so much for the Christmas card and mail-art on the "vintage" postcard - I love the cowboy on the giant rabbit (they get THAT big in Kansas?! LOL)

Debby
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2005 :  2:47:25 PM  Show Profile
Climber Girl, I got a very interesting post card yesterday. Am I supposed to go to the blog spot to find a solution to a puzzel that is made by the contents? Very interesting.
Eileen

Go to Top of Page

Suzy
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Suzy
Park Hills MO
USA
9 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2005 :  10:23:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Suzy an AOL message
I want to give a big thank you to Cathy Murray for the Christmas card that she sent. It is such fun to get farmgirl mail!!While I am saying thank you's - I want to send one out to Lisabee for her card and scrapbook imbellishments - they were awesome and have given me some great ideas. Thanks again farmgirls for thinking of me.

Farmgirl in my dreams.
Go to Top of Page

CelticCoyote
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

Heather
Illinois
USA
111 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2005 :  5:13:56 PM  Show Profile
I'm back, I'm back! I had to take some time off from the boards, and unfortunately the Mail Art list, to focus on my Christmas/holiday stuff, but now that it's over, I'm back! My apologies for not getting anything sent out for the last two months. I made the majority of my Christmas gifts this year by hand, and between that and the raising of children & running of household, I've had very little extra time lately.

I really look forward to getting back into the swing of things here, though, and have several cool Mail Art ideas brewing. Yay!
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2005 :  5:37:46 PM  Show Profile
I survived my eye surgery and I am also ready to get back to mail art. Again I apoligize for not getting any Christmas mail out, but things happen and we cannot always do as we had planned. (I am learning that the hard way !)
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2006 :  7:24:41 PM  Show Profile
Fran, I don't know your scene name but I am trying to email you and your spam catcher won't let me through. You just emailed me about the mail art journal. I am wanting you to send me your snail address and scene name. So if your a Fran and you just emailed a Sqrl about a journal send that Sqrl your info. Thanks Darlin'. I feel bad 'cause I know everyone from their scene names so when I get a real name I'm like...Who's that??

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Edited by - sqrl on Jan 04 2006 7:25:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2006 :  1:33:40 PM  Show Profile
A big thank you to Debby from the UK.
You really made my day with the mailart!!
I loved the little feather, that was awesome!!

Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2006 :  2:57:23 PM  Show Profile
Also to Debby from UK - I did the mail art dance today! Thank you for the new year greetings!

Mary

The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it. Wm. James
Go to Top of Page

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2006 :  8:19:14 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Debby I got mine today too!

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive.
Go to Top of Page

Debs
True Blue Farmgirl

100 Posts

Debs
Wellington
New Zealand
100 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2006 :  12:33:01 PM  Show Profile
So glad you received them! Some of the mail art I sent has gone astray....

My turn to say thank you - to Cathy, I got your card on Tuesday!

Debby
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2006 :  05:27:38 AM  Show Profile
Deb from the UK,
Just thought i would jump in here to tell you that i did get your mail art. The funny thing about getting it was that the card was post marked over a stamp but the stamp was not on the envelope when it was delivered to me.So there was a post mark around a blank square where the stamp had been.
Eileen

Go to Top of Page

Debs
True Blue Farmgirl

100 Posts

Debs
Wellington
New Zealand
100 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2006 :  1:29:08 PM  Show Profile
Eileen - glad that made it to you despite losing the stamp!

Thank you to Missy and Mary for your lovely mail art - they are treasured keepsakes!

Debby
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 56 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Archived Mail Art Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page