Page: of 56

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2005 :  10:02:39 AM  Show Profile
Thankyou girls for telling me. I am so glad you like them. Patricia, did yours come with the wallpaper envelope too or did it get ripped off in the equipment? This may be the problem with all of them.I tried to make sure all the edges were glued down really well but maybe the glue did not stick or something. I think I will have to do some rethinking on the envelopes.
Eileen

Songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2005 :  12:28:55 PM  Show Profile
The wallpaper envelope was in the post office envelope but it was mangled. I think you're right about the glue. Thanks for re-sending. I just love it!

Patricia

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2005 :  05:18:12 AM  Show Profile
For me, also, your wallpaper envelope was in a clear window envelope from the Postal Service. One edge of the pretty envelope was loose and I taped it for keeping. I like to keep all envelopes as well as the art cards, because they are so often part of a unit! I love my card and envelope!

"Sell cleverness and buy wonder"
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2005 :  08:10:43 AM  Show Profile
I am so sad about the pretty envelopes! This makes me wonder how many more of them are still our there either missing their envelopes or just waiting for some postal employee to put them in an i'm sorry envelope.
I guess I will go and have another talk with my post mistress and see what can be done to recover the missing ones or what can be done to keep their machinery from messing them up. Maybe if I have her hand cancel them then they will be ok. This has definately been a lesson for me. Thanks for telling me my friends.
Eileen

Go to Top of Page

kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2005 :  8:33:52 PM  Show Profile
Hey guys. Been a while since I've posted on here. I haven't done the mailart boogie in several months. I've sent out about 30 or so things in the mail and only received maybe 4 pieces total back several months ago. Nothing has changed in my mailing address but I wanted to make sure that no one was having problems sending stuff to me. Just makes ya a little sad when you put time, work, and money into something and you don't hear anything.

Let me know if anyone has had problems sending me mail.

Take care...

Jessica~Miss Wilma's Niece
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2005 :  3:56:56 PM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!!!

Jessica Don't give up even if you are feeling a little discouraged. Mail art has lagged a bit lately, but I would like to encourage everyone to get back on track. Please remember that nothing has to be complex or even handmade if you are under a time crunch etc. Everyone just loves to get mail---a postcard, a brief note etc.

So Farm Girls I am trying to get back on track and would like to encourage everyone to do the same.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2005 :  4:26:30 PM  Show Profile
Hey Jessica -- I received your sweet card the other day!! Thank you so much. That is the first mail art I've received in a long, long time. We just have to be patient as the list is very long. I haven't sent any out for a long time either. But I scored the coolest vintage wallpaper the other day -- red, white, and just says Christmas to me. Watch your mailbox!!

http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2005 :  4:45:10 PM  Show Profile
Hey Connie, I sent you an angel card the other day did you get it yet? Watch your mail box OK!
Eileen

Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2005 :  5:01:59 PM  Show Profile
Deb in England, thank you for the wonderful card! Bits of yourself and England as well. I'm even keeping the envelope! Woo hoo! Thanks again!

Love,
Patricia

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2005 :  6:31:47 PM  Show Profile
I agree with Connio. I have not been as faithful trying to get out mail to all on the list. I also think the holidays keep us pretty busy.... I am going to try to do better.

Jessica, please don't give up on us. The slight is not personal. I wish I could receive a card a day :)))) Heck, ya'll, I wish I could receive mail at my permanent address. On that note, I am gratedful the biggest blow to me and mine is my mail !!!!

Lastly, thank all of you for the safe place to express ourselves....Thanks for all of you beiong who and what you are to each other and to me.
Go to Top of Page

Atarah
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

Atarah
Mossyrock WA
USA
1 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2005 :  10:17:32 PM  Show Profile
Hey y'all I'm new on the list just wondering where to start. I can't wait to begin.
Go to Top of Page

CathyM
True Blue Farmgirl

344 Posts

Cathy
Tulsa OK
USA
344 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2005 :  2:45:30 PM  Show Profile
Hey everyone, I'm new to the list also. I made out my Christmas Cards last night. They aren't mail art ( I might have a few questions on the mail art side of it all), sorry about that, they are just regular cards. In advance I would like to apologize to anyone that does not celebrate Christmas, if you get a Merry Christmas card from me let me know for future reference and I will send you a holiday card instead next time. I'm looking forward to seeing the cards from ya'll.

We are putting up our tree and decorating the house today, it's my birthday and we have dome it on this day since I was born complete with Christmas music and movies. It even snowed a little today, YAY! I hope you all are having as good a time as my family and I are decorating for the holidays.

Cathy
Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2005 :  2:55:40 PM  Show Profile
My mail art mailings have lagged too during this holiday season, but I plan to be in full swing again after the new year.

Mary

The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it. Wm. James
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2005 :  3:57:48 PM  Show Profile
Me, too, ladies. I plan to get back to mail art after the craziness of Christmas is past! Sorry I did not get a whole holiday mail-out done to you all!

"Sell cleverness and buy wonder"
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2005 :  06:22:41 AM  Show Profile
I am way behind also. I had big plans that some minor surgery called to a halt.
Go to Top of Page

Kate
MaryJane's Farmgirl

135 Posts

Kate
Moscow ID
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2005 :  08:28:06 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Cathy and Atarah~ When sending out mail art you can send it to the person above your name or as many names as you want. During the Christmas season lots of gals are sending Christmas or Holiday cards. Just be creative and have fun!! Happy Birthday Cathy!!

Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it.....unless they are spelling mistakes.
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2005 :  10:20:10 AM  Show Profile
Hey gals, check out the sisterhood site. It's been updated.

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1793 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1793 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2005 :  10:43:57 AM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Cathy M. We share December birthdays - mine is the 29th.
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2005 :  5:49:48 PM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!!

My birthday was Dec 7. Happy BDay to all of the December Farm Girls!!

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2005 :  8:42:54 PM  Show Profile
I may have some christmas mail art heading out tomorrow if I don't get stuck on the computer too late tonight.

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive.
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2005 :  10:41:34 AM  Show Profile
Ladies I just wanted to let you know that Sisterhood journal is curculating once again. It is now in Utah with Aunt Jenny. I'm not sure who next on the list. The journal is currently following the original list, which in order of when you joined. Is the list still in that order or is it alphabetical? I've been so busy lately I kind of lost track of the list. For those of you who are thinking right now "What is she talking about, what journal" When Sisterhood of the Traveling art first started up we started a round robin journal that would go out to each gal on the list in order and they could do whatever they want to the journal. Obviously there are now way too many people to each get chance to make an entry. So when this book fills up it will get sent back to me and then I will sent it off to the farm and we'll start another one if everyone's still interested. Not sure yet what we'll do if the list order has changed, I'm sure we'll think of something.

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Go to Top of Page

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2005 :  11:36:32 AM  Show Profile
Ok I was able to get some christmas art from the A's in the list all the way down to the middle of the E's before I ran out of stamps, so there is a lot of mail art heading out, sorry I couldn't get to all of you but thats more stamps than we can manage right now. I figure it comes out pretty even though because all my other mail art started at the bottom of the list.

Bobbi

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive.
Go to Top of Page

lamarguerite farm
True Blue Farmgirl

649 Posts

missy
Battle Ground Wa
USA
649 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2005 :  2:20:24 PM  Show Profile
I wanted to be able to send out some Christmas mail art, but we are struggling a little financially right now and I'm not able to buy postage. I hope it's OK just this time to send you a Christmas wish via the internet. You can go to my blog address to see:

http://18happyhens.blogspot.com/

Blessings,

Missy

If you have a dream, even if you don't feel qualified to accomplish it, just try your hardest.-Maggie Jensen
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2005 :  2:55:44 PM  Show Profile
Eileen..I got your wonderful angel card today...postmarked Nov. 28th!! It had been stamped that it was recieved unsealed in Salt Lake City. I love the envelope too, pretty!!! Thanks so much!!!

Jenny in Utah
It's astonishing how short a time it takes for very wonderful things to happen...Frances Burnette
Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2005 :  3:34:10 PM  Show Profile
eileen,

Those angels will eventually all find their homes!

Mary

The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it. Wm. James
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 56 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Archived Mail Art Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page