Posted - Nov 19 2005 :  5:54:21 PM  Show Profile
Linda,
I think that if we mail to you at your daughters address we better send it:
Linda Houston
C/O (your daughters name here)
6298 Thompson Road
Sulphur, LA

so please tell us your daughters name.
This way the post office will deliver it to that address. I have found that if I mail to someone who does not live at a certain address without adding in the in care of part of the address that often times the post office will not deliver it at all and it will sit in some dead letter box somewhere for 6 months and then they will return it to sender with the undeliverable as addressed stamp on it!!! I know this is confusing but I am sure you will get your mail with this little addition.
Eileen

Songbird; singing joy to the earth

Edited by - Eileen on Nov 19 2005 5:56:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2005 :  8:18:17 PM  Show Profile
Rachael Kinney is my daughter's name. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

YiberryYadeeKarin
True Blue Farmgirl

343 Posts

Karin
Spokane Valley WA
USA
343 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2005 :  9:53:02 PM  Show Profile
As a long time penpal- and mail-aholic, I'd LOVE to give this a try! What do I do to be included on a list?

Thanks in advance! Karin
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2005 :  06:59:01 AM  Show Profile
Karin,
You need to send an email to kate@maryjanesfarm.org and tell her you are interested in be added to the mailart list.
You'll need to send her your full name and address and screen name on the Farmgirl Connection.

BEB

www.feedsackfarmgirls.blogspot.com
www.farmatcoventry.com
"If more of us valued good food, cheer and song above hoarded gold,the world would be a merrier place."
J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2005 :  4:46:47 PM  Show Profile
Mary, I never answered you on my technique on the angel cards. Sorry somehow i missed your post. I did make one card and then went to the local printery and had them do lazer copies for me so that they would not fade over time. The copy machine I have is ink jet and they have a tendency to fade over time. It costs a bit to do this but it does not take as much time to do as making 60 cards one at a time. In all I made 6 angel cards and printed up 12 of each. I sent out 60 cards so am wondering how many of you got yours and if any got lost in the mail. I was a little concerned about the self adhesive labels I used and hoped that they would not come off in the post office machinery.
Eileen

Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2005 :  09:05:51 AM  Show Profile
Eileen, thanks for the information. The envelope you sent my card in, (also a work of art, by the way) did not have an adhesive label so there was obviously no problem. It is still my favorite card from all those I have received.

Mary

The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it. Wm. James
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2005 :  10:43:47 AM  Show Profile
I never got one, Eileen.

Patricia

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

reader
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

Cindy
Clarendon Hills IL
11 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2005 :  09:23:53 AM  Show Profile
I received my first piece of Mail Art. How wonderful to come home from a long day at work and find a lovely surprise hiding amount the bills and advertisements.

A big, warm thank you goes out to Linda Houston. I loved the Thanksgiving greeting.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Cindy
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2005 :  11:16:56 AM  Show Profile
Meadowlark - thank you for taking me on a little trip to the Land of Oz. Loved those ruby slippers! :)

"Sell cleverness and buy wonder"
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2005 :  11:18:36 AM  Show Profile
Eileen - don't know if I was one of the 60, but I never received one either. :( However, I am also happy :), because I am still enjoying the wonderful one you sent to me with the musical notes and the farmgirl and the secret envelope message! I love that one.

Edited by - jpbluesky on Nov 22 2005 11:21:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2005 :  1:17:19 PM  Show Profile
You are most welcome Mary and JP...Eileen, no little angel has landed in my mailbox either....

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2005 :  1:54:45 PM  Show Profile
I enjoyed doing the Thanksgiving cards for those of you who have responded....Looking toward Christmas.
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2005 :  2:16:13 PM  Show Profile
Eileen,
Sorry to say I have not seen an angel in my mailbox either.
Where could all of them have gone??

www.feedsackfarmgirls.blogspot.com
www.farmatcoventry.com
"If more of us valued good food, cheer and song above hoarded gold,the world would be a merrier place."
J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2005 :  2:54:59 PM  Show Profile
I got to do the mail art boogie today..thanks so much Mary (quilt8305!) I love the earthy colors in the fabrics on the card...pretty!!!! Thanks so much!!

Jenny in Utah
It's astonishing how short a time it takes for very wonderful things to happen...Frances Burnette
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2005 :  09:16:33 AM  Show Profile
BEB - maybe the angels went to mailbox heaven. :)

Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2005 :  1:35:56 PM  Show Profile
Well Girls,
I know some of the angel cards got to the places they were supposed to go but the others I am wondering if they went to a postage due box somewhere and have not been returned to me. The envelopes were made of wall paper too and the self adhesive stamps might have come off. The post master here did not seem to think that they would so we just went ahead and sent them. Maybe they will be returned to me one of these days. I sent them out when there were only 60 people on the list and now I know there are at least 80 something people on the list. If they come back I will resend them and glue the stamps on and use an ink pen for the address labels.
Eileen

Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2005 :  11:37:57 AM  Show Profile
Just want to say Thankyou to Tami, lady bugs mom for the darling mail art in my box yesterday!! I love it.
Eileen

Go to Top of Page

The Handmaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Kim
Shreveport Louisiana
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2005 :  12:25:03 PM  Show Profile
Linda, I received my fall mailart! Thank you very much...loved the leaf covered mailbox on the envelope! You sent out 60!!! MY! you are industrious!!!

Still wonderin' when the LA. farmgirls are going to get together and finally meet to start our official chapter. Let me know if you hear anything.

"Faith shall finish all that Hope begins."

joan walsh anglund
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2005 :  5:08:42 PM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!!!!

Hi Tami (Lady Bugs Mom)

Thanks so much for the adorable card. It made me feel warm and cozy on a cold night.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2005 :  5:54:43 PM  Show Profile
Kim, I wish I were that industious !!! I think you have me mixed up with Ellen and her wonderful angel cards. If I wrote that I sent out 60, I lied !!!!! I can't get that many done for a year !!!.. You are precious.

Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2005 :  1:53:17 PM  Show Profile
Owl Lady (Jan Pinter) thank you so much for your Fall card. My daughter received it and brought it to me immediately. She said I knew you would be excited !!!!! Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2005 :  3:33:58 PM  Show Profile
I had a conversation with my post mistress yesterday regarding the angel cards. I brought one with me for her to double check for size requirements and postage. It seems that if they were all the same as the one she checked then they all required a little more postage than just the regular 37 cent stamp. They fit the size requirements but not the weight requirements by just a tiny bit still requiring them to need another few cents in postage. She said that on the other end if they arrived postage due then the recipient would receive a note with their mail that there was an item waiting to be picked up with postage due on it. So if you have ons sitting waiting for postage it will be at your post office. I am very sorry if this happened to your card. She also told me that if the stamps I put on them came off then the post office would eventually return them to me so I guess we will see what happens. They can't have all gone into a void somewhere as they all went to a different place. I hope that those of you who got the postage due notice that you will get it any way. It was a lot of work to do this but I wanted to get one to everyone.
Sorry,
Eileen

Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2005 :  3:52:00 PM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!!!!!

Eileen I have not received an angel card, but I also had a problem with some kids smashing many of the mailboxes on our road. However, I will keep a look out just in case it shows up--know that the card will be fabulous.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2005 :  7:11:56 PM  Show Profile
Eileen - I got my angel card today! Wow!!!!! Thank you for taking the time and effort to send me one again! It is so beautiful and truly a work of real art. Love it!

Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2005 :  8:31:44 PM  Show Profile
Eileen ~ I got one today, too. I love it! Thank you so much! If it's any help, it came in an envelope from the Post Office saying it had been received damaged. I love the angel and the artwork is beauiful. Thanks again!

Patricia

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 56 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Archived Mail Art Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page