Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Archived Mail Art Next Topic
Page: of 56

KJD
True Blue Farmgirl

402 Posts

402 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2005 :  08:30:11 AM  Show Profile
It's just like me to be the last one on board! I just went through all the mailart posted that has been received at MJF. Those are so fun and beautiful!! I submitted my name yesterday and can't wait to get started!
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2005 :  11:44:47 AM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!!

Linda I am so happy that you finally received my mail. I found the Saturday Evening Post cards at Half Price Books. Since I have no time to create original mail art pieces, I am trying to shop around and find unusual cards to send so that I can still keep the lines of communication open, which is the most important thing for me right now.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2005 :  3:19:17 PM  Show Profile
The question was asked how are we going to display our mail art and I answered on a cork board. Well, today I completed that task and enjoyed doing it more than I can say. I re-read every card and smiled as I recalled the person and different things I remembered about them.

I purchased the board at Michell's (A very dangerous place for me to go), then I found this crograin ribbon that had friends written on it...The background of the ribbon is beige and the imprinting on it is in Rust .

I do my crafts in my computer room and I will hang the board right over my desk so that I can just look up and be reminded of all of you. I have enoyed being a part of the Sisterhood of traveling art. I didn't know how much joy all of you were going to be to me.
Go to Top of Page

FarrarFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2005 :  07:02:37 AM  Show Profile
Good morning,
I have misplaced my list of names and addresses for mailart gals. And I'd like to send another batch out, can anyone tell me how to go about getting an updated list? I can see that many new gals have joined the group, so it's probably time for me to get a new one anyway. If it is being sent out automatically, I'm not getting it. Or is it posted somewhere and I'm just not seeing it? Thanks for your help girls. Have a blessed day.

In His hands,
Lynda

Pray in faith and you will not live in doubt.
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2005 :  07:56:29 AM  Show Profile
Lydia, send me an email and I'll forward the latest list that came out last week on to you. You are on the list. Perhaps the pamperchef email doesn't take an excel file this large? Let me know.

"I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live up to what light I have." - Abraham Lincoln.... http://farmstyle.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16373 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16373 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2005 :  08:54:14 AM  Show Profile
Morning Clare,
I saw Lynda's post earlier and sent her what I think is Kate's lastest list. (It's the weekend and Kate is off and about.) It would be best if these kinds of things come from the farm (since that's Kate's bailiwick) so that people get the latest versions, etc. It's an organizational flow kind of thing, yanno! Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

FarrarFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2005 :  08:33:59 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, MaryJane

Thank you so very much, you are a gem, for sending me the list. It came through without a hitch. And thank you also for your kind comments. I am so pleased to be here and have this cluster of friends. I appreciate all that everyone at the farm does to help keep all of us living on/in our "personal" farms connected. God bless you all in all that you do.

In His hands,
Lynda

Pray in faith and you will not live in doubt.
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2005 :  11:50:09 AM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!!!

Anne of Oregon Thanks so much for the mail art. I just loved Gracie and George---made my day.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2005 :  1:44:07 PM  Show Profile
Asnedecor Anne...thanks so much for the adorable Miss Kitty card..cute cute cute!! I love it. How fun to get such a cute mail surprize today.

Jenny in Utah
Put all your eggs in one basket..and then watch that basket!! Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2005 :  2:41:40 PM  Show Profile
Connie and Jenny -

These are my first attempts at the whole Mail Art thing. Of course I start with my closest subjects, the house kitties. Glad you like them

Anne in Portland

"Second star to the right, straight on till morning" Peter Pan
Go to Top of Page

Kate
MaryJane's Farmgirl

135 Posts

Kate
Moscow ID
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2005 :  10:52:42 AM  Show Profile
Anne Thank you so much for the adorable mail art!! Very very cute!!
Kate

Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it.....unless they are spelling mistakes.
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2005 :  3:50:27 PM  Show Profile
I just spent a few minutes looking at the mail arts pages of the work that has been sent in for us to see. You women are so talented. As I sat and read as much of the messages as I could, I had a huge smile on my face. The neat thing was as I saw the different names, their art reflected them, or the impression I have of them.

Thank you for preparing the art work pages. I really enjoyed them.
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2005 :  4:07:18 PM  Show Profile
It is pretty cool, isn't it? To think that 55 pages of comments and the mounds of artwork that has been generated out of love and creativity and the desire to share our lives! So cool! I am so happy to be part of this!

Sell cleverness and buy wonder
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2005 :  4:14:09 PM  Show Profile
Ditto !!!!

" Age is mind over matter, if you don't mind, it dont' matter"

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2005 :  10:14:34 PM  Show Profile
Second truth for me....As I clicked on the link to look at the art work, I did not feel intimidated. I do have some artistic abilities, but never have I done anything like this. I needlepoint (have 6 orginal chair seat handing on my wall) and I have tried different things, but just couldn't get the hang of it...Then came this oppurtunity and I have really enjoyed myself.

Is my work to die for--No, but it is fun for me to think of the person I am making something for and try to remember what I have read. Have I mass producted as Clare once said...Yes--Still the satisfaction is here for me. Another gift to me has been my willingness to look at other forms of crafts I 'd like to try...

These are some thoughts and encouragements for the new farmgirls--With us, there are no rules but have fun, enjoy your work, and rest assured your mail art to us will be treasured.
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2005 :  4:23:34 PM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!!!

Good evening. All that I have to say is "Right on, Linda".

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2005 :  5:30:19 PM  Show Profile
Ellen, I received my angel this afternoon. She had been forwarded to Lafayette and Bobby brought her to me. I adore her and her song. You are a very talented woman. I have no idea how to make cards at all and yours are professional. I appreciate you taking the creative time and energy to do them and include me with such a gift from this bunch.. it will go on my bullentin board!!
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2005 :  08:31:28 AM  Show Profile
I had never heard of mailart before until I came to this site. I had been looking for an outlet to do some art type things without taking on a huge project, this just fits the bill. Though my first attempts I must admit are rough, I had so much fun doing it. Now I am searching through the house for all of my old art supplies so that I have everything at my fingertips when I go to do my cards. As I look at the cards that were sent to MaryJane's farm my head just starts spinning with ideas. I think all of them are just beautiful and such creative minds to come up with such unique cards. It's wonderful to get a piece of original art through the mail - great idea!!!

Anne

Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2005 :  3:36:20 PM  Show Profile
Linda,
I am soooo glad that the angel card finally got to you! After I mailed it I wondered if things would be held for a while due to the hurricanes and I did not know when you moved back so I was wondering where it had gone. Whew!
Happy singing,
Eileen

Songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2005 :  10:36:29 AM  Show Profile
Teresa Myers, thank you SO much for the adorable ladybug card, how neat! I loved the quote too, thanks again!

" Age is mind over matter, if you don't mind, it dont' matter"

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2005 :  10:29:34 AM  Show Profile
I'm so excited!! I got my very first mail art yesterday. Thank you Linda for the lovely Thanksgiving card. I've got something in mind for you that I'm working on today. Jan
Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2005 :  10:43:40 AM  Show Profile
I found joy in my mailbox today. I received two beautiful, unique cards from two Mail Art sisters. Meadowlark, 'From the Land of Oz' is just charming - I love it. Bubblesnz, how wonderful to receive your card with a little bit of New Zealand culture attached. Thank you both very, very much.

I just love how everyone reaches out all over the "world" to share a little bit of themselves with someone.

Mary

The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it. Wm. James

Edited by - quilt8305 on Nov 18 2005 11:02:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2005 :  07:52:42 AM  Show Profile
Linda -

Thanks for the fall card. I also am a big fan of fall with the leaves changing colors and all of the pumpkins and gords. This year we are having a pretty good fall here in Portland, most of the leaves are gone now but my sweet gum tree still has it's pretty reddish/yellow leaves on it. Thanks again

Anne in Portland

Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2005 :  4:05:23 PM  Show Profile
I hope that you all don't give up opn me and my address changes. I am still in the mist of trying to get mail. It is very involved and I don't need to go into post Rita disaster. Needless to say, I have 6 weeks of mail somewhere in the USA. A very few piecews have gotten through to my nmail box. With Christmas quuickly approaching, I am going to ask you to send my mail to my daughter's address. This is a temporary address, but wil hold until after the first of the if not longer. Please mail to : Linda Houston---6298 Thompson Rd.---Sulphur, La. 70665.
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2005 :  4:06:40 PM  Show Profile
Sorry,---I wanted to preview this and correct my error---Hit the wrong button....Will I ever become computer literate?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 56 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Archived Mail Art Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page