junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2005 :  1:26:26 PM  Show Profile
Clare, I must thank you too, got the postcard, is that you? How cute!!! Thank you!!

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2005 :  3:41:32 PM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!!

Anne in Portland. Believe that you sent me your snail mail address and I accidentally deleted it. Could you send it again please.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2005 :  6:45:03 PM  Show Profile
Hey Clare....love love loved the Brown cow yogurt ads..they are on the front of my fridge now..we all got a kick out of them!! Thanks so much!!

Jenny in Utah
Put all your eggs in one basket..and then watch that basket!! Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2005 :  1:39:14 PM  Show Profile
Clare - you were certainly a sweet little huggable girl. I bet you are still like that! Thank you for the wonderful post card.
Go to Top of Page

QuiltingQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2005 :  12:54:42 PM  Show Profile
Eileen,
I received your adorable Angel card today. Great envelope, too. Awesome art, and I love Penelope! Her song was just right for today. Thanks!

Jane

"Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do... but how much love we put in that action." ~ Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2005 :  3:33:27 PM  Show Profile
Hey girls. I keep meaning to put up special thanks on here to some folks and I am really sorry that it has taken me so long. Special thank you to Miss Clare for the great postcard. It's on my fridge! Special thank you to Lindy for the very creative piece that brings KY and CA together! Special thank you to Connie for the cute postcard...it is on my fridge too and with its red color, really matches my kitchen! And a special thank you to Lauradahlia for the very neat mail art piece with flowers...with this cold Kentucky days, I can open it up and bring warmth in our home!

I'm getting ready to send out another batch of mail art. I've been down with my back and right hip, thus why I haven't been online the last month or two. Hard to sit at the computer for a long time. A set of mail art went out about a month ago and I hope the recipients got their little pieces. :)

Take care...Jessica

Jessica~Miss Wilma's Niece

Edited by - kydeere40744 on Oct 25 2005 09:39:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2005 :  4:20:40 PM  Show Profile
Hey Mary aka quilt8305, love the homemade bookmark, thanks for making the bills easier to open!

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

The Handmaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Kim
Shreveport Louisiana
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2005 :  5:51:07 PM  Show Profile
First things first..."you're so welcome!" to Melissa, Patricia, Eileen,Cindylou et.al.,Nancy and Jane for your sweet thank you's you posted for the mailart you received from me. I had a temporary lost of manners. I'm so glad you enjoyed it as much as I did making it.

Lorij, Thank you for my beautiful handmade card! The colors were mystical and I loved the use of different mediums. The word "believe" is an affirmation I say alot. Having it appear on the card was a "God Wink", as my faith tank the day it came was running alittle low. I loved reading about the sugar cane and the torch parades in Panama.

Eileen, well, I adored my limited edition wallpaper art! How could I not? The angel Penelope gave me the task of singin' a simple song today and here's what popped right in my head and out my mouth:

Sing, sing a song
Sing out loud
Sing out strong
Sing of good things not bad
Sing of happy not sad.

Sing, sing a song
Make it simple to last
Your whole life long
Don't worry that it's not
Good enough for anyone
Else to hear
Just sing, sing a song.

Sing, sing a song
Let the world sing along
Sing of love there could be
Sing for you and for me.

Sing, sing a song
Make it simple to last
Your whole life long
Don't worry that it's not
Good enough for anyone
Else to hear
Just sing, sing a song.

And I've been singin' it ever since! I bet now any of you who read this post will be hummin' and singin' it too! A great idea Eileen, thank you! la,lalalaaaa,la la laaaa, la la laaaaaa....

May I just say,"The Sisterhood of the Traveling Art" is powerful energy!

"Faith shall finish all that Hope begins."

joan walsh anglund

Edited by - The Handmaiden on Oct 24 2005 5:52:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2005 :  6:49:25 PM  Show Profile
Lorij! Thank you so much for the stained glass collage art card and the very nice note. You are so talented! I love it.

May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently through the world and know its beauty all the days of your life. ~~Apache Blessing
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2005 :  7:07:55 PM  Show Profile
Clare, I received my postcard today and you are a precious little girl as well as a precious woman. I loved your pictures. Thanks. Mail is truly at a snail's pace, but we are beginning to recieve some !!!Yeah !!
Go to Top of Page

lamarguerite farm
True Blue Farmgirl

649 Posts

missy
Battle Ground Wa
USA
649 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2005 :  10:14:12 AM  Show Profile
Clare thank you so much for the postcard. Such sweet pictures!! It's so fun having a "peek" into other farmgir's lives and the things that started them on this journey.

Eileen I received your card yesterday and it is so cool. I love Penelope and her song of love. That's what life is all about! Just lovin' on one another.

Blessings,

Missy

If you have a dream, even if you don't feel qualified to accomplish it, just try your hardest.-Maggie Jensen
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2005 :  1:12:32 PM  Show Profile
Kim and the rest of you who got the Angel card. I am so happy you loved them. Kim I am singing that song now too and dancing in the wind to boot!
Eileen

Songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2005 :  09:42:31 AM  Show Profile
Eileen, I would be interested in your technique. Did you make the original card and then photocopy it? The Angel card is just lovely - I am sharing it with my step-mother who collects angels.

Mary

The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it. Wm. James
Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2005 :  7:24:46 PM  Show Profile
Clare your adorable card arrived today, so cute,many thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2005 :  01:10:11 AM  Show Profile
Jenny,(Meadow Lark) thank you for your mail art. everything about it is special , just like you.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

Judes
True Blue Farmgirl

156 Posts

Jude
OH
USA
156 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2005 :  06:06:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Judes a Yahoo! Message
Hi!
Just wondering how one (me) can find themselves on the mail art list...
Judes
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2005 :  08:43:58 AM  Show Profile
Judes -

E-mail kate@maryjanesfarm.org. She is managing all of the lists. Apparently there are many lists and she is trying to get a handle on all of it, see previous e-mails. So it may take a bit before you see the mailart list - but be patient. She is working hard.

"Second star to the right, straight on till morning" Peter Pan
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2005 :  08:45:47 AM  Show Profile
Judes-
Oops, I meant to say previous posts on this topic, just scroll back to page 52 (I think.

"Second star to the right, straight on till morning" Peter Pan
Go to Top of Page

Kate
MaryJane's Farmgirl

135 Posts

Kate
Moscow ID
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2005 :  10:41:19 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for all of your continues understanding! I'm sending out the mail art list this morning!! Thanks Anne for helping send gals my way!! If anyone has any questions just let me know at kate@maryjanesfarm.org Happy Mail Arting.....PS I just moved to Moscow and I don't get any mail so I've added myself to the list!! I'm really excited. Thanks for making such a fun activity!!
Happy Fall,
Kate

Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it.....unless they are spelling mistakes.
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2005 :  2:19:49 PM  Show Profile
I'm doing the Mail Art happy dance today!! My mailbox has been empty for a while and when I looked today there was a cute Halloween card from dear Linda Houston. Thanks so much -- it made my day!

http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2005 :  06:00:19 AM  Show Profile
Kate, Thank you for the organized list. I love being a part of the mail art list and this makes it so much easier. You are appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2005 :  09:11:38 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Linda in Lake Charles Just wanted you to know I got the glittery mail art yesterday! Thankyou. Can't keep a truly happy person down can they!
By the way Linda, I sent you a piece of mail art the other day but I sent it to the Youngville address, will you still be able to get it?
I sent an e-mail through the web site but did not get a reply from you so assume you did not get that e-mail.

Eileen

Songbird; singing joy to the earth

Edited by - Eileen on Nov 01 2005 09:57:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2005 :  2:17:17 PM  Show Profile
Ellen, I did not receive your piece of art. for some reason a couple of cards got to me--My mail was temporarily sent to Lafayette, well, Bobby has not received any of my mail....I have gone to the PO and we are trying to find my mail. so please be patient with me all of you,,,,,I will respond with thanksgiving because I LOVE to receive the different pieces.

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2005 :  6:08:12 PM  Show Profile
Eileen..got your wonderful Angel card today..thanks so much. I have had a mail art "dry spell" and my happy feet were out of practice..thanks for making my day!!

Jenny in Utah
Put all your eggs in one basket..and then watch that basket!! Mark Twain

Edited by - Aunt Jenny on Nov 01 2005 6:08:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2005 :  06:46:15 AM  Show Profile
I received several cards this AM and I want to thank all of you. This is not all of my mail.--some are floating our there and I will receive them when I need them the most. Ellen, You card was not in this bunch.

Many thanks to: Patricia (loved the photo of Major Sage Breeze and Mom); Connie, I am hanging in there one day at a time; Mary (Spokane, Washington) beautiful quilt. Connie (Texas) where did you get the Post cards. I was 10 yearas old when this card was produced; Kim, Your message was beautiful and the bookmark..It's in my bible; Sue, I am hanging on to my spirit and thanks for the encouragement.

Again, If I have not thanked someone I have probably not received the mail. Each of the women above gave me a strong message in keeping my spirit up ater the hurrican.That touched me. As weeks pass, I still get discouraged, so this was a loud, yet gentle and loving reminder that things will be normal..

You farm girls are the best...May I quote Meadow Lark "You rock " !!!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 56 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Archived Mail Art Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page