True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2005 :  3:33:54 PM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!!

Clare Do not worry about mass produced mail art. I have had to make the same choice, and this is why I have started using fun post cards etc rather than making cards. There just is not enough time right now, but I do want the mail art project to continue since I know that it brings a lot of joy to me, and I would guess that it brings great joy to many others. Right now my focus is on keeping the communication moving and maintaining the connection that the Sisterhood has established.

Must go now to do about 1,000 loads of laundre (or at least it feels that way)

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2005 :  09:27:05 AM  Show Profile
Clare -

I signed up to be on the mailart list about 3 weeks ago and I haven't heard or seen anything. I'm assuming you guys a really backed up. Is there something I am missing, should I be doing it another way? Just curious.

Anne

"Second star to the right, straight on till morning" Peter Pan
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2005 :  10:04:12 AM  Show Profile
Anne, the lists are kind of in transition, so email kate@maryjanesfarm.org, and she can give you the latest scoop. Thanks!

May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently through the world and know its beauty all the days of your life. ~~Apache Blessing
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2005 :  10:50:16 AM  Show Profile
Anne, I just e-mailed kate to change my e-mail address to receive the newest mail-art list. She does a wonderful job getting us all organized and I know we will be hearing from her as soon as she can get the list going. I promise you that when the newest list hits, you will hear from us.

To all of you ----I have received "store" cards and I have received hand-made mail and believe me both types are cherished. The kindest words said to me when I added my name was "Any thing you do with this mail art is fine". That gave me courage to jump in and try my hand.

I am trying to get artsy by doing some collages and having fun doing it. I have never really done anything original in paper. I will do some "store" bought cards in a heart-beat when the mood hits.

As others have said---lets just have fun and enjoy each other.

Linda H.
Go to Top of Page

LisaBee
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Lisa
Sparta TN
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2005 :  4:14:24 PM  Show Profile  Send LisaBee a Yahoo! Message
I received my first piece of mail art today (it was in my mailbox yesterday, but I just got here today). Not only is it my first piece of mail art, it is my first piece of mail sent to my new address! So, Connie, thank you for the postcard. Now I am going to get mine ready to send out!

"There is no teacup too large, nor book too long."
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2005 :  4:26:28 PM  Show Profile
Hmmmm LisaBee, you are not on my mailart list... Come to think of it, I haven't had an update since the farm took over.... wonder when a new list out to everyone will happen!?

May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently through the world and know its beauty all the days of your life. ~~Apache Blessing
Go to Top of Page

LisaBee
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Lisa
Sparta TN
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2005 :  4:56:13 PM  Show Profile  Send LisaBee a Yahoo! Message
I have a question...I received a list from Kate with about five names on it for me to send mail art to, which I am going to do this week. But, do I send mail art BACK to the people who send it to me, too? I don't know who is on who's list, or how someone gets my name on their list, etc. I just want to make sure I don't miss anyone who I am supposed to be sending mail art to.

"There is no teacup too large, nor book too long."
Go to Top of Page

lamarguerite farm
True Blue Farmgirl

649 Posts

missy
Battle Ground Wa
USA
649 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2005 :  7:07:26 PM  Show Profile
Mary(quilt 8305)- thank you so much for the lovely mail art. I received it yesterday!! Is that A photo that you took? Is that your quilt? I love it and the little personal touch you added!

Blessings,

Missy

If you have a dream, even if you don't feel qualified to accomplish it, just try your hardest.-Maggie Jensen
Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2005 :  2:38:53 PM  Show Profile
Clare,
Thanks for the glimpse into your childhood. You are really a lifetime Farm Girl!! I appreciate your words of wisdom.
Mary

The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it. Wm. James

Edited by - quilt8305 on Oct 17 2005 2:39:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2005 :  2:41:42 PM  Show Profile
Wow! That was a speedy delivery!

Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2005 :  09:35:23 AM  Show Profile
Clare, Thankyou for the darling post card with the photos of your childhood. It is a treasure!
Connie thank you too for the Wonderful Post Card. The Saturday evening Post cover looks like the kitchen I grew up in. Even the mess on the floor and the surrogate "ME" making cookies or something right there on the floor. It took me back.
Eileen

Songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

quiltedess
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

Nancy
Priest River ID
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2005 :  09:46:02 AM  Show Profile
Clare, thank you for the adorable photos. How cute!!
Nancy
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2005 :  09:55:02 AM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!!!!!

LISA IN SPARTA I am so delighted that I sent you your first piece of mail. I saw the picture of your wonderful house and am envisioning the mail person? delivering my mail to your house!!! Also love that sweet little pup.
We originally planned to have the mail art project work by having everyone start by mailing one piece to the next person on the list. After that, it was kind of "do your own thing." However, if you only received 5 names, you are missing the majority of the list. I received a new list from Mary Jane's Farm on October 12, and there seemed to be some problems with it in terms of spelling, incomplete addresses etc. I maintained the list originally and know that it is a huge undertaking so hopefully, this will all get straightened out shortly. I would suggest that for the time being, you send mail to the 5 names that you were sent.

ANNE IN PORTLAND
I was going to send you a card, but when I checked the list that I was emailed to me on October 12, I discovered that your name was not on it.
If you would like to email me your mailing address, I will be happy to send you something so that you are feeling more involved in the "Sisterhood of the Travelling Art". I know that others will be thrilled to do the same.

CLARE Do you have any suggestions on how to remedy the mailing list situation?

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2005 :  10:52:50 AM  Show Profile
Back on Aug 31st I got an email saying I was on the mail art list, but I've never heard anything since then. Help! Jan Pinter
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2005 :  1:28:25 PM  Show Profile
Clare, Thanks for the great farmgirl mailart card! I saw it and thought what a darling little dark-haired girl and then saw it was you. Your retro-childhood card is a wonderful idea! Thanks!!!

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.
Go to Top of Page

QuiltingQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2005 :  2:39:41 PM  Show Profile
Clare,

I loved the farmgirl-in-training card! How adorable! I really liked your words about being an extended family, too. Hugs to you!

Jane

"Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do... but how much love we put in that action." ~ Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

QuiltingQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2005 :  2:44:21 PM  Show Profile
connio,

I love the swine sonnet I received today! Nothing like a little piggy poetry to brighten this farmgirl's day. (I'm one of the few and the proud who love the smell of "sweet stinky"!) Thanks for the mailart!

Jane

"Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do... but how much love we put in that action." ~ Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

Kate
MaryJane's Farmgirl

135 Posts

Kate
Moscow ID
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2005 :  2:52:31 PM  Show Profile
Hello All
Sorry about all this fuss I need to explain and take responsibility for the confusion. When entering in to this I didn't really know where to start. I had a rather large list and wasn't sure where to go with it. I've converted the list to an excel program (now that it's on my computer yippy!!) and am close to being able to send it out. With the other lists going on and getting started (charm Squares and Quilt Blocks) I thought that the mail art was running along and could continue to for awhile. I've added all the new gals but haven't sent out an updated list. The list of 5 new ladies was sent to some of the new girls because I thought that they wanted to get started sending mail art but I didn't have the large list ready enough to send to them. That was my fault for not understanding how mail art works. If you have e-mailed me within the past two days and haven't heard back I've been away from the computer doing B&B and I am answering all my e-mails this afternoon. I'm really sorry about all this mess. I think that if I ask more questions and communicate better on the forum I can get a better understanding of what’s going on so I can do my best to help. I will be going over the lists double checking all the spelling and address. Thanks for helping me adjust to being the keeper of the lists!! Hope this answered any questions.
Kate

Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it.....unless they are spelling mistakes.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2005 :  3:09:57 PM  Show Profile
Thanks so much Clare for the cute card I got today..how fun to see you as a child...loved the wording on it too..you are a treasure for us all!!

Jenny in Utah
Put all your eggs in one basket..and then watch that basket!! Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

The Handmaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Kim
Shreveport Louisiana
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2005 :  3:39:19 PM  Show Profile
Clare I received my postcard too! TOO CUTE....and WISE! Now I have 4 pieces of mailart on my bulentin board! Not many, but a start. I'm not watching my mailbox tho'. I tried that and it's like waiting for the pot to boil! The secret is patience and then you're rewarded with a surprise when you least expect it and when you need it most.

I just wanted to say thank you to climbergirl for starting us all out on this adventure! It really is amazing how it has grown from your one little post to 52 pages! I hope your mailbox has been full and overflowing!

Kate, hang in there, you'll get it all figured out. It's alot of list to figure out.

"Faith shall finish all that Hope begins."

joan walsh anglund
Go to Top of Page

Kate
MaryJane's Farmgirl

135 Posts

Kate
Moscow ID
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2005 :  3:48:41 PM  Show Profile
Help Has Arrived!!! MaryJane just talked to me about spending some good girl time together working through these lists. Yeehawwww! She can tell I'm in need of some good MaryJane time!! (She also knows how to spell!!) She is going to help me organize! You gals are sure in for a treat....up to date lists that are spelled correctly with the right addresses!! What more could a Farm girl ask for?? Ü

Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it.....unless they are spelling mistakes.
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2005 :  3:56:47 PM  Show Profile
Glad everyone is enjoy my mailart! What's better than putting a little smile on someone's face?

Hang in there, Kate! It's rather like a sink-or-swim test, isn't it? Life preservers are being thrown!!!

Edited by - Clare on Oct 18 2005 3:59:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2005 :  4:06:12 PM  Show Profile
Clare, many thanks for the precious card!! What a little cutie!! And you're not bad, either. The cow reminds me of Jenny's Mona. Not for any other reason than she's the only cow I know. Mona not Jenny. Better quit while I'm ahead. If that's where I am.

Kate, you're doing fine. You can't be expected to be good at B&B, farm duties, computer work AND spelling! We appreciate all your efforts.

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2005 :  11:22:40 AM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!!

Oh Clare

Received your postcard last night in my Texas mailbox, and I love it so much. I am thinking of framing all of the mail art that I have received and having a very special mail art wall in my house so very soon I will most likely have your smiling, little girl face on my wall. You are a real treasure. Thanks for all that you do.

Kate Hang in there on the mailing lists. As I said before, I was the first person to try to keep up with the mail art list, and I know how overwhelming it can be. There were days when I received a new listing and while I was excited, I was thinking at the same time, "Oh no, another one. How will I ever keep up." I was very relieved when Kay offered to take on the task.

Hang in there. All will be fine.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2005 :  3:51:58 PM  Show Profile
Clare Thank you so much for the card!! I loved it!!

Kate you are doing a great job!!! You get all the wrinkles ironed out!!
You know a farm was not built in a day!! ;)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 56 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Archived Mail Art Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page