Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Archived Mail Art Next Topic
Page: of 56

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2005 :  8:59:27 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Marisol! Our mailart is called Sisterhood of the Traveling Art! Would love to have you be a part of this wonderful group of creative farmgirls! Mary, thank you so much for the lovely mailart card I recieved today! I loved the way your colors and papers blended to make the design... very unique! It made my day!

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.
Go to Top of Page

QuiltingQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2005 :  9:22:38 PM  Show Profile
Dear Handmaiden,
Thank you so much for the beautiful mailart card I received today. Wow! Gorgeous sunflowers, and what a great quilting quote! I'm going to take it with me to my quilting group tomorrow. I know they'll enjoy it, too.

Jane

"Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do... but how much love we put in that action." ~ Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

quiltedess
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

Nancy
Priest River ID
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2005 :  07:38:38 AM  Show Profile
Dearest Handmaiden Kim,
Thank you for the mailart. It truly made my day. You have been through a lot lately and found time to cheer me . . . thank you. I hope your cast was changed. Remembering back, that would have made the most difference of anything for me. I will definately read "Plain & Simple", my daughter will want to read it too as she has been fascinated by the Amish since moving to Kentucky.
We are down to one English Springer now, long story, we used to show them. The one I have is really pretty, but has epilepsy. Her name is Seven, I named her after a gorgeous Star Trek character. Her kennel name is Pride 'N Joy's Resistance is Futile. She loves to eat leather! Just last week she ate the leather parts off of my husband's suspenders. She even was able to open the closet door and pulled the pants off the hanger. She loves belts the most and has consumed several. She's eaten leather gloves, parts of shoes, and even the leather cover off my scriptures! We have to be constantly vigilant . . . that she actually got into the closet last week has thrown me for a loop. So far the leather hasn't done much more than give her an occasional tummy ache. The bits of leather all eventually end up outside on the lawn . . . if you know what I mean. :-) We have another dog, actually reverse inherited from my son. She is a funny looking little Beagle, sweet as can be, her name is Aero. Soon my daughter will be moving back home while her hubby is in Iraq and she will be bringing a pretty boxer/lab "puppy" named Kinsey. Yikes!
Thanks again for the card!
Nancy
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2005 :  08:14:46 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Marisol!!

May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently through the world and know its beauty all the days of your life. ~~Apache Blessing
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2005 :  2:18:26 PM  Show Profile
Many thanks to Whispering Pines for the beautiful card with the photo of Lake Roosevelt!! It looks so peaceful and beautiful!! Thanks again!! Doing the dry dog paddle from the mailbox again!
Patricia

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2005 :  12:09:27 PM  Show Profile
Mary, aka quilt8305!! Thank you very much for the cute and sweet card in the mail today! I Love it!

May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently through the world and know its beauty all the days of your life. ~~Apache Blessing
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2005 :  11:50:01 AM  Show Profile
Kim TheHandMaiden, I don't know what to say. The little piece of art that I receieved Friday is just so amazing. I can't wait to show it off on the website, everyone has to see it. I love the Squirrel pouring acorn tea and all the bees. It's just so perfect.

Oh and speaking of the sisterhood site, it's been reccnetly updated with an October newsletter written by our lovely Junebug and new stories title "the ghost house" by Lindy some new recipes one of which would be a great holiday gift. So check it out.

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2005 :  2:07:30 PM  Show Profile
The Site looks great, Sqrl!! You've done a great job! How do I go about having my website listed in the links? Thanks!

Patricia

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2005 :  2:32:40 PM  Show Profile
email me a link to your site ans I'll post it.

Blessed Be

Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2005 :  10:20:34 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
who's in charge of the mail art and how do I sign up? I have alot of old stuff in the farm I just bought and would love to share it.
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2005 :  11:14:16 AM  Show Profile
Beth, see the MailArt II update post in this same category. The scoop is there.

Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2005 :  11:19:21 AM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!!!

Mary in Spokane

Thanks so much for the great "Carpe Diem" card. This is exactly how I lead my life; treasure every moment. The little smiling whale was so cute also; he made me feel so happy.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2005 :  1:02:12 PM  Show Profile
Stella Raye, Thank you for the 'autumn' card and sweet angel tag and the unusual seeds. I love them.
Mary

The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it. Wm. James
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2005 :  3:33:28 PM  Show Profile
Kathy A...loved the cute mail art tote bag and sweet note I got from you today..thanks so much!!!

Jenny in Utah
Put all your eggs in one basket..and then watch that basket!! Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2005 :  2:46:51 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kim, I received your mailart today and was overwhelmed by the thoughtfuless you showed. Many thanks,was really appreciated
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2005 :  4:09:22 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Sqrl for the little self portrait card..cute cute cute!!!

Jenny in Utah
Put all your eggs in one basket..and then watch that basket!! Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2005 :  08:28:21 AM  Show Profile
Hey Ms.Connie, thanks for the very cool post card, I love it.
To everyone, I annouced that the sisterhood site was updated, I was wrong at the time but now it is. So check it out if you haven't already.

Blessed Be

Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2005 :  4:58:09 PM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!!!

Ohhhhh, it has been a great week for mail art! Thanks so much to Ms. Frueh from Arcata, CA (kick off your shoes and dance--go girl), Ms. Johnson from NB, Canada (love the seeds and bookmark-will put all to good use) and Ms. Alder (what a great farm girl tote--may frame it instead of using it and wearing it out).

Seems like mail art is picking up some speed again.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2005 :  5:09:04 PM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!!!!

Melissa Just took a minute to visit the website--looks great. Susan D. Thanks so much for the challah recipe--one day I might get brave and try it, but I guess that I would need to buy an over first!!

In Dallas, where I lived for 23 years, challah was readily available; alas, in the country where I am now, I don't think that the majority of folks even know what it is.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2005 :  5:51:20 PM  Show Profile
Thankyou Kathy A. for the darling Farmgirl tote bag. Must be fun turning those inside out to make a place for your art. I might just cover it in clear contact paper and put it to use to carry stuff to my spinning meetings. Eileen

Songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2005 :  09:00:03 AM  Show Profile
LindaH. Should I send your mailart to your Lake Charles addy? I am working on several today and yours is top o the list!!!

Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2005 :  11:55:19 AM  Show Profile
TRUE CONFESSIONS: There's nothin' like reality hittin' ya smack dab in the face. I've been immobilized lately and I had a hard time figuring out why. Then I put my thumb on it: I have too many pending projects in the works. I've got that deer-in-the-headlight-look. So, I decided that I need to finish one project and get it put away. I chose the MailArt, since it's taking up a good portion of my living room. I apologize in advance girls, everyone is getting the same thing... mass produced at home... and into your mail boxes next week. It's not very creative, but I'll call it "(my) LIFE as (mail)ART". Just know that it's sent with the best of intentions and love. I hope you enjoy it. Now on to other projects.

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2005 :  12:32:30 PM  Show Profile
We must be on the same vibe Clare...I have been mobilized to finish up the mail art list today... Is there a moon change coming cause I can feel it I have had major insomnia the last few nights thinking about it. I am a woman possessed!(with mailart that is...) It will be freeing to have it done...all these ideas were crowding the cranium!! Oh and inbetween the cutting and pasting I am boogeing to Neil!

Edited by - MeadowLark on Oct 14 2005 12:34:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2005 :  1:54:53 PM  Show Profile
Yes, MeadowLark-=--The mail started running today..YEAH !!!!

When I arrived today I went to my mail box and had several pieces of mail art. It just warmed my heart--In fact, I did not do a thing until I finished savoring each piece. Thanks to all of you. You are the greatest. I am going to get my "stuff" from Lafayette this week and I will begin working on pieces again.

Blessings,

Linda
Go to Top of Page

Kathy A.
True Blue Farmgirl

116 Posts

Kathy
Utah
USA
116 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2005 :  2:13:23 PM  Show Profile
Wahoo! Sqrl, Thanks for the card it's an inspiration and a visual treat! I really Like it!!

Connie and Jenny so glad you liked my offerings.

Eileen You are right turning paper bags inside out without tearing them is my practice for gaining patience!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 56 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Archived Mail Art Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page