The Handmaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Kim
Shreveport Louisiana
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2005 :  2:36:56 PM  Show Profile
Patricia, oh now I'm feeling alittle nervous and guilty. I thought the rule was you send mailart to the farmgirls name above yours on the list and after that you could do what ever suited you. But now, since your name is below mine I'm thinkin' I got this info. backwards. Perhaps someone could clear this up. I back tracked on the other pages cause I know we discussed it, but, couldn't find it & I'm running out of time.
Anyway, to be on the safe side I'm sending you one right out and forgive the delay...get your mailart dance ready,freddy!!!

"Faith shall finish all that Hope begins."

joan walsh anglund
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2005 :  2:50:08 PM  Show Profile
Don't fret girls. It's the person above your name that you send to, and then at your discretion from then on. That discretion might be to send to those that you receive from, or whatever you wish it to be. We try to average one piece sent out per month, so that means that some of us may not receive much in some months. That's just the way it goes, isn't it?

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2005 :  3:31:20 PM  Show Profile
Kim, (Insert giggle here.) Don't worry about it! This is supposed to be fun! I think we're all enjoying the Mail art thingy so much, we can't wait to do the mail art boogie. I just didn't want to think I was doing something wrong. Now I have something to look forward to, and you know what I always say, happiness is someone to love, something to do and something to look forward to. Woo hoo!

Patricia

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2005 :  5:41:45 PM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!

I always thought that you were supposed to start by sending to the name right after yours unless you were last on the list and then you went to the top!! However, the real point is to have fun... I am sending out about 6 more cards tonight.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2005 :  11:47:29 PM  Show Profile
I got Mail art today from our famous Blue Egg Babe!!! Thanks so much!!!! Loved the recipe.

I'm still hot...it just comes in flashes.
Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2005 :  2:15:30 PM  Show Profile
Kay, I have a friend who calls hot flashes "power surges"!

Mary

The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it. Wm. James
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2005 :  4:45:36 PM  Show Profile
Quick Note....My home is fine--Son-in-law went into parish today....Not one shingle gone---Limbs down, fence down, but in tact and going strong.....It will be a while before we have electricity, but that is small--

4 of our guests left this Am---They rented rooms in a small town from here for the duration...Probably 1mth-6 weeks. We are down to 15---the 4 does make a difference. we are doing well. Bob is the one most uncomfortable and that is due to surgery....

Again, Thanks. I posted this under hurricans, but I wanted my dancing mail art sisters to have it first hand. !

Linda H.
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2005 :  4:52:33 PM  Show Profile
LindaH. The angels did their job well...Where should I send you some special mailart? Want to know about that Louisiana shuffle up the drive from your mailbox girl...

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2005 :  5:07:00 PM  Show Profile
Laura K ~ a very special thank you for the lovely card! Makes me wonder who the lady was and what that smile was all about! I treasure it. Thanks!

Also thank you, Connie for the get well card! What a sweet and thoughtful thing to do! Thanks again!

Patricia

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2005 :  5:17:07 PM  Show Profile
Bramble!!!!!!Oh My Goodness, are you one creative farmgirl, or WHAT? I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!! Thank you so much!!

May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently through the world and know its beauty all the days of your life. ~~Apache Blessing
Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2005 :  6:32:21 PM  Show Profile
Blue Egg Babe, your wonderful ail art arrived today. The contentment poem, was just what I needed to read at this moment!! :)
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2005 :  7:07:55 PM  Show Profile

Hi Helen,
the contentment poem is a copy of an old postcard that I have had for years in a frame........It does a woman good to read it on occaison.
Happy it got there!!
BEB

"If more of us valued good food, cheer and song above hoarded gold,the world would be a merrier place."
J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2005 :  7:10:08 PM  Show Profile
I got mail art from Blue Egg Babe, too!!! I'm so excited -- thanks for the beautiful and fun art. My keepsake box is starting to get full of art from my dear friends.

Connie and Eileen -- thanks so much for the sweet cards. I just love them!!!

I'm still hot...it just comes in flashes.
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2005 :  7:17:01 PM  Show Profile

Sweet Kay,
Elderberry Babe for you ........
I finished this year with almost one gallon of syrup.That's a record.
WooHoo!! Set for the winter!!

"If more of us valued good food, cheer and song above hoarded gold,the world would be a merrier place."
J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2005 :  03:59:49 AM  Show Profile
MeadowLark, I will be at 228 Cricklade Ct.---Youngsville, La. 70592

I have not thanked you all for the mail art. When I get my mind back, I will officially thank you.
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2005 :  4:52:10 PM  Show Profile
Hey, Ms. Connie--- What a cool postcard in my mailbox today!! It flew out and landed on the ground, and I almost thought it was a piece of junk mail, but then I saw that picture staring up at me and I thought... ouuuuoooiiee, that is beauuuuutiful, can't be junk, and sure 'nough, it was ART!!! Love it! Thank you very much!

May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently through the world and know its beauty all the days of your life. ~~Apache Blessing
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2005 :  5:15:44 PM  Show Profile
Darling Handmaiden Kim, I did the Dry Dog Paddle up the path from the mailbox because I got the most adorable card from you!!How do I say "Thank You" enough? It had wonderful dog art all over the envelope and card and the doggie looks just like my Fritz!! Did you go to my website and see his photo? Stu also was bowled over by this wonderful card. I can't say "Thanks" enough!

I'm sorry you're laid up but happy you had the time to do this. I've decided to make a special notebook for all my Farmgirl art, envelopes and all. They are all treasures.

Thanks again!!

Love,
Patricia

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2005 :  04:44:00 AM  Show Profile
Marlene, thanks for the halloween mailart, yes, it's that time of year already! If you've been to Branson, you weren't far from West Plains, were about a hour and half from there, pretty country! Glad you enjoyed your stay.

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2005 :  10:16:51 AM  Show Profile
Handmaiden Kim, LOVED the bird house notecard....What a sweet surprise! Your little card and letter of cheer made my day lovely. I love all things ornithological ( Not sure of the spelling but it means the study of birds) Did the "chicken dance" up my drive! Don't think there is a meadowlark dance yet, but I may have to invent one!

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2005 :  11:09:58 AM  Show Profile

Handmaiden Kim ~ Thank you for the lovely mail art that arrived here at the farm! Your daughter Mollie indeed created mail art as a child ~ thanks for sharing the quote she included on hers ~ "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are......" Isn't that the truth??!! The sunset photo,lovely water color, Calvin and Hobbes cartoon and lovely letter are most appreciated!! Thank you for your creativity!! Carol is scanning more mail art to be added to the 'gallery' soon!
love ya,
PS ~ my daughter Molly is 27 and I have boxes of her art work. When my three kids were in grade school, we had one whole wall in the dining room that was their "art gallery." Like you, I have always cherished their art!

MaryJane's Left-Hand Farmgirl
Cindylou
cindylou@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2005 :  09:57:44 AM  Show Profile
Thankyou Handmaiden,
The postcard in the glasine envelope is beautiful! What fun you have had creating this. I love it.
Eileen

Songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2005 :  12:29:40 PM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!!!

Kim From S'port LA. Thanks sooooo much for the Cozy Cottage card that you sent to me. I have had it on my fridge and even brought it with me to work today.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

QuiltingQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2005 :  1:20:47 PM  Show Profile
quilt8305,

Wow, Mary, I was so happy to receive your beautiful mail art today! I can tell we share a common interest. Thanks so much!

Jane

"Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do... but how much love we put in that action." ~ Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

wwamazon
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

Marisol
Oak Ridge New Jersey
USA
1 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2005 :  7:39:35 PM  Show Profile
Hello! I'm new to the farmgirl connection and this is the very first thing I'm responding to. I'm a visual artist/writer and I would absolutely LOVE to be part of your MAIL ART project. PLEASE count me in. It looks as though you have a lot of interest! Although the postage would be slightly more, another idea may be to send a small postcard size blank book to each person until it gets back around to you- chock full of art and words!This way you can include everyone...doesn't matter how you do it I would just love to be a part of it with you! thanks!

Address every task with passion and every living creature with love

Edited by - wwamazon on Oct 07 2005 08:13:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2005 :  8:07:19 PM  Show Profile
Marisol, Please email Kate@maryjanesfarm.org to get put on the mail art list. For security reasons, please go back in and edit your post to delete your email address. AND, of course, Welcome! Glad you found us and I hope you'll join in soon. Thank you!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 56 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Archived Mail Art Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page