Page: of 56

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2005 :  11:51:04 AM  Show Profile

Oh Kim ~ you, too, spread sunshine wherever you go!! Your giggles and laughter bubbled right out of your mail art envelope!! I am going to tie the "cindylou duck tag" on my apron bib by its red ribbon so the Chapter Leaders going to the Farm Chicks Show this weekend will recognize me. I can't wait to meet Clare on Sunday!!
I LOVE that the too cute duck has short spiky white hair just like me! Thank you for your cheery note ~ I have it pinned on the shelf above my desk ~ it keeps me smiling! You inspire me to make some time to dabble in mail art. I do love glitter sticks and rick rack!!
love ya,

MaryJane's Left-Hand Farmgirl
Cindylou
cindylou@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2005 :  12:50:06 PM  Show Profile
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Morning Farmgirls!!

MaryJane is pleased to announce that you can now sign up to be on our mailing lists for all the various Farmgirl Connection projects … from traveling aprons, books, buttons, charm squares, dolls, and quilts to sharing mail art, birthdays and recipes.

We’re now ready and willing to gather up all your mailing lists for these projects and manage them here at the farm. Just click on the “Sign up for Farmgirl Connection Projects” link from the Farmgirl Connection opening page to see descriptions of all the traveling projects.

Sign up for the projects that suit your fancy. Send an e-mail to the project you are interested in participating in, please include your physical address, e-mail address and phone number. You'll hear back from Kate with all the particulars. While we monitor the lists for privacy and safety, all you farmgirls at heart can turn your energies toward creativity!

I know there is some confusion, as the mailing lists were started on the forum and are now managed here at the farm. If you’re curious to know if you’re already on a list, please contact Kate@maryjanesfarm.org and she’ll be happy to check for you. Take it Kate! …

---------
Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Kate Edwards and I’m a new member of the MaryJanesFarm crew (oh how exciting!!). I grew up just north of Spokane in a little town called Riverside with my Mom (Teri), Dad (Steve) and little sis (Allie). After high school I went to Eastern Washington University, where I studied Communications. Throughout my life, I’ve always been the kind of person to follow life’s little paths wherever they decide to take me, and this past spring my path took an exciting turn. I was introduced to MaryJane’s son, Emil, at my mom's spring antique show (The Farm Chicks Antique Show and Open Marketplace). The next thing I knew, my weekends were full of visiting the farm in Moscow to see my new boyfriend (oh how fun it is to be a girl!!). Then just this past week, MaryJane offered me the delightful job of organizing the mail lists for all the fun farmgirl projects on the forum and to run MaryJane’s Bed & Breakfast. I couldn’t pass it up!! What an amazing dream this has all become. Now that you all know a little about me, it's time for me to learn all about you. Can't wait to chat with you all soon!!
---------

Other new forum features:

We’ve added a section for Farmgirl Chapters on our website. Our new web features allow you to sign up to Start a Chapter, do a Chapter Search to find and communicate with neighboring chapters, read a recent Newsletter, sign up for a Traveling Journal, and attend a Farmgirl Campout Convention. We’ll also be able to add new pages as new ideas are created.

The Farmgirl Connection is continuing to grow by leaps and bounds thanks to Clare, Eileen and all the fabulous farmgirls at heart that are gathered here! The strong ties of friendship are held together by all our apron strings!! Thank you all for participating in the Farmgirl Connection!

Sunnily yours,

MaryJane's Left-Hand Farmgirl
Cindylou
cindylou@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Kathy A.
True Blue Farmgirl

116 Posts

Kathy
Utah
USA
116 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2005 :  2:08:15 PM  Show Profile
Eileen, I just returned from the post office and I'm dancin the mail art boogie! Thanks for the fun card and joyful message it made my day!
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2005 :  2:15:55 PM  Show Profile
Patricia, Thank you for the nice card! The two legged and four legged creatures both look terrific!

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2005 :  3:38:13 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Clare! Glad you like my men. P

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

The Handmaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Kim
Shreveport Louisiana
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2005 :  9:41:24 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Kate to the Farmgirl Connection! WoW! New boyfriend, new job, new friends!!! How exciting! Now when you need help running MJ's B&B you be sure and give me a call, ok? We are so glad you are here to keep us get all organized 'cause Cindylou is right, I'd rather me creating.

Cindylou, have fun at the Farm Chicks Show. I'll try not to be too green with envy.And pleezz, give Clare a farmgirl hug from all of us. What a gem!...heart and smarts!!!

"Faith shall finish all that Hope begins."

joan walsh anglund
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2005 :  11:02:44 AM  Show Profile
hey Patrica, thanks so much for the lovely card of your DH and dog. So nice to have a peek into your life.

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2005 :  2:00:03 PM  Show Profile
Connie, Thanks for the sweet card. It sure brightened my day!

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.
Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2005 :  5:57:25 PM  Show Profile
To all members of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Art: We have at least one member in the direct path of Hurricane Rita - Lindah in Lake Charles, LA. Please keep her and any other sisters in your prayers during this disaster.

Mary

The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it. Wm. James
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2005 :  8:53:08 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for letting us know, Mary. Consider it done. Hugs, Patricia

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2005 :  3:37:52 PM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!!!

I have been so worried about Lindah in Lake Charles. If anyone knows anything, please report soon.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2005 :  3:41:52 PM  Show Profile
Connie, LindaH evacuated to Jackson, Miss. So she is safe, we are just all waiting for her to check in. It is really bad in LC.

Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2005 :  3:48:03 PM  Show Profile
Helen,
I am so glad the mail art arrived in New Zealand so soon. Didn't cost as much as I thought it might. Happy you are enjoying it. Isn't this fun?
Helen,
A jig for my mail art! That is a happy vision. Hugs. Keep singing all you sisters out there,
Eileen

Songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2005 :  6:53:05 PM  Show Profile
I am safe in Monroe, La. moving into Lafayette tomorrow. My home is OK-- I have NO water in my home (flood) I do have wind damage, but will know more when we can go in and access the damage. My husband's home in Lafayette is undamaged !!!! I have so much to be thankful for.

My children are safe--their homes have wind damage, but overall we are fine. I wrote a long note under hurricane..You women are the greatest...our guardian angels...Thank you for your love, support and prayers.

I am looking forward to getting back and begin mailing out my mail art.

Blessings,

Linda H.
lake Charles
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2005 :  8:42:21 PM  Show Profile
HOORAY and thank God! One for the good guys!

Patricia

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2005 :  06:35:32 AM  Show Profile
My New address is : 228 Cricklade Ct. Youngville, La. 70592---New e-mail address for raveling mail art : lhn7294@yahoo.com

My son is on his way from Sth Carolina to help me with the house. We are all safe. Will get back to you ASAP.

Blessings,

Linda
Go to Top of Page

Carol
Moderator/MaryJane's Design Diva

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2005 :  09:19:39 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!
We posted even more mail art on Friday. Take a look at
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/MailArt/

We're really enjoying all your creativity!
Best wishes from the farm,
Carol

she laughed and laughed ...
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2005 :  10:27:17 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful mailart farmgirls!!!! Thanks for letting us take a peek Carol! LindaH... Copied the new addy and get set for some mailart to hit that place!!!! I can see a Lousi-ana farmgirl doin the mailart sashay and shuffle up the drive! Sooo very glad you are safe dear...we love ya!!!!

Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2005 :  12:01:43 PM  Show Profile
Aren't we a bunch of talented farm girls!! One question, to Blue Egg Babe, it that a pic of you in all your masterpieces? And to Linda, so glad to hear you and your family are safe, keeping you in our prayers and you'll be home soon doing mail art!

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2005 :  12:04:50 PM  Show Profile
Not to be impatient or anything....but I'm still waiting for some mail art. I've been on the list for a few weeks now and I've sent off quite a bit....WAAAAAAAAH (My imitation of Lucy) Patricia

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2005 :  12:09:45 PM  Show Profile
One question, to Blue Egg Babe, it that a pic of you in all your masterpieces?

Noooo!Tis not really me.
I found this sweet smilin' beauty in the back of one of my mom's old cookbooks holding up a can of something-or-other in an advertisement.
I just couldn't resist her "spunkiness"...is that a word?
She is however, becoming part of me through all the mailart. I keep expanding her presence and persona in every card. It's fun to figure out how she will appear the next time.
Thanks for asking.......

"If more of us valued good food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world place."
J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2005 :  1:28:55 PM  Show Profile
Marlene of Iowa, Thanks for the sweet halloween note! Patricia, I have been kind of slooooow getting more art out, and my charm squares. But fear not...watch that mail reciptical for the mailart "glow". It will be coming your way soon!

Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2005 :  2:14:40 PM  Show Profile
Girls, we made it to Lafayette safely---I took a nap, sat down at my computer and looked at all the examples of mail art...How beautiful ! I have enjoyed them so much. it was a joy and comfort to see how creative you are and I enjoyed each of them....so unique. We are a talented bunch of Farm Girls.....

I don't think we are going to be allowed to go into Calcasieu parish (Lake Charles) tomorrow---It is not safe for us to travel to our homes to look at them. There are so many trees down with electrical lines in them that safe passage cannot be guaranteed. I am OK with that. I will not put my son and son-in law at risk nor myself. I have to accompany them with my license as proof of residence.

We are breathing deep and doing the next right thing. Remember, I have a home in Youngsville, so how can I be anything but grateful. My children and their families are with me plus my son-in laws family so we are sheltered and waiting for word to go into our parishes.

As the Louisiana Farm Girls know----We are cooking with huge Black pots,swapping tales, lots of hugs and passing a good time !!!!

Oh ! I almost forgot....I have begun receivng calls from my firends in LC....They are far flung from Arkansas to Fla, but we are circling the wagons sending out tons of love to each other. Another Blessing !!!! My Brother in Orlando, Fla. became the grandfather of twins yesterday. Life does continue and what a reminder that joy flows even in the darkest hour.

Again, thank you for posting the mail art. It just makes me smile to look at them and think of all of you.

Blessings,

Linda H.
Go to Top of Page

QuiltingQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2005 :  3:08:17 PM  Show Profile
Linda,
Wow! You are awesome! Such an encouragement to all of us to hear a farmgirl who has been going through life's storms (literally) and you still have your chin up and are busy counting your blessings! Way to go! Happy to hear you and yours are okay!

Jane

"Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do... but how much love we put in that action." ~ Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2005 :  12:03:22 PM  Show Profile
How cool to have a alter ego, Blueeggbabe! I bet it's fun to make her into anything you want, and all this time I thought it was really you, cleaver idea! I for one would like to see all of our mailart made into a book, what a keepsake that would be!

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 56 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Archived Mail Art Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page