Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2005 :  1:50:13 PM  Show Profile
WOO HOO!!! I just got my first piece of art from Jenny!!! It's the cutest thing!! It's a little apron in 30s style fabric that fits on your dish soap bottle. It's the cutest thing I've ever seen!! Even my husband got a kick out of it. Thank you so much, Jenny!!! Hugs, Patricia

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

reader
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

Cindy
Clarendon Hills IL
11 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2005 :  2:27:00 PM  Show Profile
Thank you all for sending me in the right direction regarding the mail art.
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2005 :  4:14:43 PM  Show Profile
Ok, I hang my head in shame because I am a guest in my husband's home (We are seperated -I am his caregiver as he recovers from surgery.v I have a card tabel in the living room with my 'stuff', but it seems to be EVEYWHERRE in that part of the room. He is at my mercy so he says it doesn't matter. I have arranged and rearranged and it does look a bit better.

When I return to LC---who knows.

Linda H.
Go to Top of Page

The Handmaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Kim
Shreveport Louisiana
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2005 :  6:06:46 PM  Show Profile
LINDA!!! PICK THAT HEAD UP RIGHT NOW!! yep, I'm raisin'' my voice, there will be NO SHAME here!!! All that you've done for so many people and your ex...you can make a mess where ever and whenever you want. You are amazing and don't you forget it!!!!

Patricia, I love the shoe bag idea, but I have to admit I'm organized when I'm not creating, but when I am, I'm all over. I can't seem to stay in one place. (Which is why I spilled blue water color on my loveseat.) There's just magic in that creative moment and I say go with the flow, where it it leads, cause it'll be wonder-FULL, both the journey and the end result.

Meadowlark Jenny, I received my precious "out a farmgirls window"!! My mail is being retrived for me these days since my leg is still elevated, but if you could have just been here! Two of my good friends were keeping me company and of course I let out alittle cheer when I saw I had mailart, so they came right over, climbed on the bed and the three of us opened it togther. It was like opening a present, but we had to go slow and admire each little thing from outside the envelope in. You should have heard all the oohs and ahhs. I was so grateful for such a wonderful day brightener and it was for them too. I've been telling them all about all you wonderful gals! Can I tell you how many times I've taken it back out of the envelope to enjoy again? LOTS!... That's the special thing about mailart it keeps on giving. Everything about mailart spells L-O-V-E! Thank you so much!

"Faith shall finish all that Hope begins."

joan walsh anglund
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2005 :  6:46:46 PM  Show Profile
Linda! I agree with Kim, no shame allowed here! Where you carve a place to do your art it is sacred! You have the biggest heart Linda! As I have said many times here with all these special and caring women...YOU ROCK FARMGIRL!!!! And don't forget it!

Kim, Glad you enjoyed the "window"...Also glad you are letting girlfriends be pseudo mail art dancers while you recover! Healing thoughts go to you!

Being is what it is. Jean Paul Sartre
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2005 :  3:15:33 PM  Show Profile
OK Everyone, Sue (junebug) just wrote the loveliest newsletter, you'll be able to read it tonight. And we're still looking for recipes. Now I know you gals have some amasing recipes up your sleeve. We'd really appreciate any contributions. Thanks a bunch you gals are awesome!

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2005 :  4:47:57 PM  Show Profile
Melissa, You and June bug Sue are the BEST for doing all this... I really appreciate you sharing your talents! Thanks to you Sue also!

Being is what it is. Jean Paul Sartre
Go to Top of Page

lauradahlia
Farmgirl at Heart

7 Posts

laura
levittown pa
USA
7 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2005 :  9:16:23 PM  Show Profile
Well hello ladies!
This is my (rather late) first post to the mail art circle and the most important thing to say is thank you! To kind Connie for sending me my very first piece of postal joy and welcoming me into the fold, thank you! To all the clever ladies who sent me great stuff and sweet words, thank you! I am sending to folks at random, but I am also replying promptly to anyone who sends me art, so... hey, bonus!

I go to a fun writer's retreat/workshop sort of a thing where the atmosphere is very nuturing; very positive and no critique (that's what school is for). And rule number one when reading one's work is "No apron wringing"- meaning no prefacing your work by saying, "Well, this isn't really done yet, it's not very good, I'm not much of a writer, you guys are so good-my stuff just doesn't compare," etc...
I think y'all know what I'm getting at. It's one thing to be realistic,to be aware of one's limitations, but we don't need to beat ourselves up over something we're doing for enjoyment. Hey- we're wild women-we are all creative, and, if we choose to see it, all that spins from our nimble fingers is art.

As far as materials and set-up, I do my work in bed. No, really- I don't have a desk or much room, so I take a giant sketch pad, lay it down for a flat surface, and cut, paste, stamp, and draw away!
I hunt down old books to tear up, mags, catalogues, and what not. Most of the libraries in my area sell stuff for supercheap(10 cents, a quarter). When I'm done I donate it back to them.(Support your library, ladies) I also frequent the craft stores(Michael's and A.C. Moore), which usually have 40% off coupons in their weekly circulars (wow!stamps are expensive!). I've been trying to incorporate bookmaking and pop-up techniques in my sendings. There are several good instructional books available (Altered Book Workshop by Bev Brazelton is pretty nifty),all of which one can peruse for free at Borders/Barnes&Noble. Did I mention that I'm a cheapskate? Perhaps it was implied.

I await the Traveling Journal with hope and glee. Though I know I'm rather far down the list, I do not fret, for it means that the journal when it comes will be quite full of wonderfulness, and the experience of waiting and receiving all the better.

So there you have it. I can't post often (minimal computer access) so when I do I try to make it quality. I would like to appeal to any wordsmiths to send me some poetry with your art, that would be smashing! One last thank you to the mirthful soul who thought up this enterprise- may your troubles be few and your mailbox too small!

A tireless mind and a grateful heart will lead to sweeter mysteries.
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2005 :  09:33:24 AM  Show Profile
Travel journal? Did I miss something?

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2005 :  11:09:16 AM  Show Profile
Eileen - Thank you for allowing me to do a special quick step version of the mail art dance yesterday. Your piece of art was so warm and pretty. Thank you! It made me dance, but also encouraged me to sing - what can be better? Well, with my singing and dancing, a lot could be better, but your art was beautiful! Thank you!
jpbluesky

And Patricia - if you want to sign up and learn about the traveling mail art journal, go to the bubble on the home page and click on it. It will take you to a page explaining all the different mailing lists that are happening on this site. Or, you can read back through the former posts and find out how Melissa made a beautiful journal that is traveling all around the country for us to sign. You can still participate, too!

Edited by - jpbluesky on Sep 18 2005 11:12:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

lamarguerite farm
True Blue Farmgirl

649 Posts

missy
Battle Ground Wa
USA
649 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2005 :  1:19:59 PM  Show Profile
Meadowlark Jenny!!! Thank you so much for the wonderful mail art. It meant so much that you took the time to personalize it the way you did. I too have looked at mine over and over again. I love the little chick made out of buttons. How did you know that I have a thing for pottery bowls?!! The picture of the old sewing machine and the chickens and eggs were great. There is a little paragragh cut from a magazine that I will share:

GROUNDED-The chickens were my idea. The world is so complicated, and I guess they remind me of a simpler life. I imagined we'd have only one kind, in one color, but now we have more than forty in our coop. The aruacana chickens lay the most beautifully colored pastel eggs-it almost seems like a shame to cook with them.

It was almost as though I quoted these words myself! Amazing Jenny! I dropped one of our beautiful brown eggs on the floor the other day and I felt so bad about it knowing how hard my girls work on those every day. I guess we don't think about it when we buy a carton of eggs at the store.

Anyway,thank you so much for the thought and care you put into this and making my day!!!!!

Blessings,

Missy

"Show me you're garden and I shall tell you what you are."
-Alfred Austin 1905
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2005 :  1:50:47 PM  Show Profile
Missy, So glad you enjoyed the mailart...It was such a joy working on it. The chicken things were just so you...

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2005 :  9:06:28 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, JP BLuesky! I'll do that!

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2005 :  9:19:00 PM  Show Profile
OK, now I get it. As I see it, the journal is going down the mail art list and everyone is adding something. It's not a separate list. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me. What a great idea! And to give it to Mary Jane is perfect. If it wasn't for her, we'd never have had this wonderful forum. It's only fitting that we give back something to her.

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2005 :  07:54:52 AM  Show Profile
You got it, Patricia! Right now, to my knowledge, the book journal is in Washington at 'quiltedess' house. It will soon be on it's way again to the next person on the list! Someday, it will return to the "farm" and it will be full of farmgirl love and creativity. You can read and see all about it, also, on the mail art website that Melissa did. There is a Traveling Mail Art Website topic on the forum. It will take you to the website.

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2005 :  09:32:58 AM  Show Profile
Linda H. I am doing the mailart boogie up my drive!!!! Thank you so much for the sweet mailart! I am "Blissed out"... You got all the stuff on it that I would go nuts over at a flea market! How did you know I love old clocks and cheese? Love those buttons too! You made my day blissful!

Go to Top of Page

lareyna
True Blue Farmgirl

242 Posts

Arlene
Valley Ford Ca
USA
242 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2005 :  6:48:43 PM  Show Profile
Meadowlark, got your mailart today,,,thank you sooo much I love it!!!

I was Country before Country was COOL
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2005 :  10:15:42 AM  Show Profile
Your welcome Arlene, When you said you canned 36 pints of green beans (I think they were green beans) I knew I had to do a canning theme for your art.

Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2005 :  6:39:29 PM  Show Profile
Eileen W, many thanks,your lovely mail art arrived in New Zealand today.:)
Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2005 :  08:40:23 AM  Show Profile
Thanks to Lindah and Sabrina for the beautiful mail art. It really makes a day to not have just bills in the mailbox. Cheers to snail mail and all you creative people.

Mary

The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it. Wm. James
Go to Top of Page

Lindy Reilley
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Lindy
Fillmore California
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2005 :  09:58:09 AM  Show Profile
Out here on Bunny Hill Farm - I'm doing the Bunny Hop!(my mailart dance). Just received my first mail art! I had 4 of my kids in the car hopping up and down - yelling open it up, what is it?!!
Kim the Handmaiden - thank you very much. The kids and I enjoyed all the bunny stickers and art work. It was beautiful. The kids and I especially loved the bunny quiz. What a lot of work you went to!
Thanks again,
Lindy

PS. When we start having field trips out here - I'll use the quiz!
Go to Top of Page

The Handmaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Kim
Shreveport Louisiana
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2005 :  11:05:36 AM  Show Profile
Lindy, I'm so glad you liked it 'cause I sure had fun, even better that the children got to enjoy it too! I love all the creative mailart dances...the bunny hop!!... another sign that this is one creative group of farmgirls!

Hugs!

joan walsh anglund
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2005 :  12:40:39 PM  Show Profile

Kim dahlin' thank you soooo much for the adorable mail art letter!! It arrived here at the farm and I did a little mail art jig (since I'm Irish) of joy!! Oh farmgirls, I wish you could see it! Kim sent cute stickers of a duck with red overalls holding a paint brush with yellow paint which is splattered all over the duck and the overalls. It says Spread a little Sunshine and have sun-shiny day! Kim laminated a book mark/luggage tag with a red ribbon and tag and the duck sticker with cindylou across the top. The front of the card has the duck, the yellow paint bucket, sunshine stickers and Sunnily Yours in red letters with a gingham check border. She sent me a packet of the stickers, too so I can have fun adding them to my letters. Of course, she wrote a lovely note that made me feel loved and appreciated! I agree with Kim who wrote ~ "let's all "paint" sunshine all over everything and everyone .... pure magic! creating light where ever you go. It's such a happy idea let's all do it!!"
What a dear farmgirl friend you are Kim, THANK YOU!!! You made my day!!
sunnily yours,

MaryJane's Left-Hand Farmgirl
Cindylou
cindylou@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

The Handmaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Kim
Shreveport Louisiana
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2005 :  11:23:26 AM  Show Profile
Cindylou, I'm so thrilled you loved your little personal piece of sunshine! I smiled, giggled, and laughed the whole time I was making it...that duck face!!..too cute! Thank YOU for the inspiration!

joan walsh anglund
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 56 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Archived Mail Art Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page