jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2005 :  05:29:09 AM  Show Profile
Yesterday I received the Traveling Mail Art Journal from the farm! Wow! It is so beautiful and whatever I choose to put in will not compare to what is already there! I promise not to keep it too long and to let everyone know when I send it on. Now, I am trying to think creative!!!

Since "jpbluesky" is the first name on the mailing list, I received it after it was signed by everyone on the farm. Now it goes out to all. I wish I could see it again in a few months to see what everyone else puts in! :) This is just so cool.

jpbluesky
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2005 :  08:45:45 AM  Show Profile
Oh I need to sit down and start some more mail art today...I'm sorry I've put it off for soooo long now!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet."~Rumi

Go to Top of Page

BlueApple
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Julia
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2005 :  11:12:53 AM  Show Profile  Send BlueApple an AOL message
I really really want to join in....do I need to wait for further instructions??? Are there still plans in the works?

Julia
BlueApple Farm
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2005 :  11:57:06 AM  Show Profile
jpbluesky, could you please post this on the Sisterhood of the Traveling Art page also so Melissa can post it on the webiste too. How neat to get it first, I can't wait to see it by the time it gets to me! LOL Thanks for letting us know, have fun!!!

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2005 :  12:37:50 PM  Show Profile
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/farmgirl-connection/mail-lists.asp

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2005 :  1:12:45 PM  Show Profile

Clare is the quickest rider on the Farmgirl Posse! She has thrown her lasso around the Mail List information and is herding everyone in that direction!
Thanks Clare for your diligent efforts! Riding herd on this creative group of farmgirls is quite a task. MaryJane, Carol and I appreciate your help tremendously!!
love ya!
Cindylou

MaryJane's Left-Hand Farmgirl
Cindylou
cindylou@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2005 :  1:23:24 PM  Show Profile

Jpbluesky ~ wouldn't it be fun if we could plan for the Mail Art journal to return to the farm for next summer's 4th of July weekend Farm Fair celebration?!! Then you could not only meet each other but see the journal, too!!
Thanks again Clare for clarifying the format of the Mail Art address list. You are always and ever vigilant!!
love,
Cindylou

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2005 :  5:23:20 PM  Show Profile
If everyone tries to get their entry done and mailed within a few days, that could happen!!!!! I will be quick, I promise! Love you all!

jpbluesky

Edited by - jpbluesky on Aug 30 2005 5:25:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2005 :  6:51:40 PM  Show Profile
JP, I guess I'm a little lost here...By entry do you mean our mail art address or a piece of mail art to the farm?

Being is what it is. Jean Paul Sartre
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2005 :  08:09:18 AM  Show Profile
By entry, I meant everyone's entry into the travelling journal which is being mailed to all on the mail art list. Melissa made the beautiful journal, and the farmgirls in Idaho :) signed it, and now it is making it's way to all of us! If each one of us keeps it only a few days, then the journal will be full of sharing and back home again at MJF next July. I wish I could see what you will put in it, Meadowlark - I know it will be wonderful.

jpbluesky
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2005 :  11:24:11 AM  Show Profile
I am number 23 on the list (I think?) so when I recieve the journal I will take some pictures of all the pages and post them on the website. The journal itself before it started it's journey is on the hoem page of the sisterhood site if anyone wants to see it (click the link below), there is also some new art up in the gallery. Eventually I will have the persons name below eacg picture that way to give credit to the artist. Just for anyone who doesn't know about the journal will go to everyone one by one as the list goes in order. If it fills up before the end (which it probably will) we'll just build another one and start where the first left off. It would be lovely to have the book make it back to MJF by the farm fest. I have requested that the book return to me when it is full and I will be at the farm fest next year (plan to be a vedor selling my creams and girly accessories) so I will be able to give the book to Maryjane at the fair. Since we are ever growing I'm sure the book won't make it to everyone by that time ( but may be it will) so like I said we'll just start again. When you get the book there are brief instructions and past entries will give you a clue as to what to do. Main point - Be Creative, but if you have questions please email me. If you have a digital camera and want to give everyone a seek peek at whats in the book, send me some pictures and I'll post them on the website. Guess thats it for now, any questions let me know.

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2005 :  09:38:18 AM  Show Profile
Dearest Handmaiden Kim, Thank you so much for the beautiful mail art you sent me today. Yes, I did the mail art dance to the chagrin of my post man. ( At the age of 49 it is not a pretty sight) Your heartfelt thoughts and the beauty of that card is an honor...and I cried as I read them. Motherhood and love and life all wrapped up in a precious card. I will treasure it always.

Edited by - MeadowLark on Sep 01 2005 11:17:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2005 :  11:17:50 AM  Show Profile
With all the misery from Katrina, was wondering how are farmgirls on the list that live near the disaster are doing, we a have a few in La.??? Prayers go out to all...

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2005 :  11:35:47 AM  Show Profile
Thanks JPBluesky for clarifying that for me! I know all the entries the sisterhood puts in that journal will be spectacular! The creativity and insight and talent here is amazing! I sure hope you can make it to farm fair next summer!

Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2005 :  12:07:53 PM  Show Profile
I am a farm girl from Lake Charles, Louisiana. I am in Lafayette for a few weeks and the aftermath of the hurricane has been felt down here. There are several shelters open and full. The community is voluntering and sending in monentary donations . Me and mine are fine and for that I am grateful. I have several friends and family in the area affected and there is only one I have not heard from.

Please pray for all of these people that have been left with NOTHING---they are desperate and the aftermath is going to be unreal. Thank you for asking and thanks for this sisterhood. Also, there is a genedral heaviness in our hearts...We natives are senative to what has happened and this has touched each of us in some way.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2005 :  1:10:01 PM  Show Profile

Oh my goodness, I have been so concerned about those poor folks in and around New Orleans! Linda, do you know of a local organization or where ome might send a CARE box to help out?? It is hard to be so far away and not know what to do to help. Please take care!!
sincerely,
Cindylou

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2005 :  2:12:07 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, Cindylou, They are telling everyone to get in touch with the Red Cross. I made my donation to the Savaltion Army in LC. I am sure their Web site will have information.

Again Thank you for your concern. Please continue to pray.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2005 :  04:47:52 AM  Show Profile
Glad you checked in Linda, was so worried about the farmgirls in that area. I cry when I see the photos on the news and can't imagine how those people are coping, my heart goes out to them. This disaster will effect everyone and I urge people to make a donation at the red cross, anything you can give will help. Prayers and time will heal. Stay safe Linda, and I pray your loved ones will be too.

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2005 :  12:23:12 PM  Show Profile
Handmaiden Kim from Shreveport -
Well, I did what the envelope said and I danced at the mailbox today when I got your envelope. But when I got inside and opened the beautiful piece of mail art you sent, I really did the all-out, full-fledged mail art stomp.

Your card was beautiful, personal, touching, and uplifting. Who could ask for more? Thank you for sharing your trials and accomplishments. I have a daughter, too. And I know how she owns my heart. So it is good knowing the mountains you and your girl have climbed.

Women rock! And the girlfriends I have made here rock, too. Thank you Kim and all!

jpbluesky
heartland girl - wish I was there right now.

Edited by - jpbluesky on Sep 02 2005 12:26:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2005 :  12:47:59 PM  Show Profile
I agree, farmgirls ROCK.........

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2005 :  2:21:17 PM  Show Profile
Handmaiden kim...WOW...loved your mailart that came today..it was such a wonderfull, personal one..I LOVE it and will treasure it always!!

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2005 :  5:45:39 PM  Show Profile
More Kudos, Handmaiden Kim, for the beautiful and inspiring mail art today! I needed to do the happy dance, and what a perfect reason! I think I'll make my "suit" my apron... we all need a "suit" don't we? Thank you, Kim.

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****
Go to Top of Page

The Handmaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Kim
Shreveport Louisiana
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2005 :  9:26:47 PM  Show Profile
girls, the story continues...you just won't believe what happened the day i mailed that mailart!!!! i fell down my friends driveway and shattered my fibula, dislocated the tibia and torn some ligaments!!! now, what was i saying about a normal day???? i had surgery yesterday and they knit me back together with a plate and 4 pins. my healing won't be complete without your love and prayers tho'. please keep me in your thoughts. i can't put my foot down for 6-10 weeks. i think we can shorten that. watch those mailboxes, mailart can really flo now!
...my mailart dance will be most original from a walker.

"Faith shall finish all that Hope begins."

joan walsh anglund
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2005 :  9:50:59 PM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh...Hoy cow!! You will sure be in my thoughts and prayers...for a speedy recovery!! I hope at least that you have some mail art fun during your recovery for sure!!!

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things
Go to Top of Page

lareyna
True Blue Farmgirl

242 Posts

Arlene
Valley Ford Ca
USA
242 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2005 :  9:58:01 PM  Show Profile
Connio, thanks so much for my VERY FIRST mail art!!!!!!!It made my day!!!Arlene

I was Country before Country was COOL!!!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 56 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Archived Mail Art Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page