True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2005 :  5:58:16 PM  Show Profile
Aunt Jenny,

I received your mail art today...WOW! It's adorable and already has a place of honor in my kitchen. I reeeeallly like it, but I have to tell you...now I'm feeling a little weird like I want to keep going out to the kitchen and dirtying up stuff to wash, just so I can do more dishes! LOL Thank you so much!

Jane

"Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do... but how much love we put in that action." ~ Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2005 :  7:03:45 PM  Show Profile
I got patches and buttons today too..thanks so so much....love them Karen!!!
I am glad you liked yours that I sent jane...they are sure fun to make! I wish mine made ME want to do more dishes..haha..or it would be better yet even if it worked on my husband!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Magical dish doing powers!!

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2005 :  1:06:22 PM  Show Profile
Another farmgirl artist and masterpiece!!! KathyA. thanks so much for the farmgirl tote bag! I love it and the grapes you drew are spectacular! Ya know what this ole bag is gonna do with her farmgirl bag? I am going to save it when I have bought my little blue fishing cabin by the lake and I have long blue hair down to my waist and pack it full of the trashy paperback novels and some sunflower seeds ( provided I still have teeth) and drive to my cabin in my '62 Austin Martin for a weekend of seed spiting and trashy reading.For now, I will use my tote for storing my collage papers. Let anyone dare steal my farmgirl tote! It is a true original!!!!

Being is what it is. Jean Paul Sartre

Edited by - MeadowLark on Aug 23 2005 2:04:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kathy A.
True Blue Farmgirl

116 Posts

Kathy
Utah
USA
116 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2005 :  8:19:52 PM  Show Profile
Meadowlark, your to funny! you just cracked me up, Thanks for the laughs I'm glad you liked it. cheers~ Kathy
Go to Top of Page

lareyna
True Blue Farmgirl

242 Posts

Arlene
Valley Ford Ca
USA
242 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2005 :  06:43:43 AM  Show Profile
Can we still sign up for the mail art list,,,,oh I wanna be on the list!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2005 :  08:56:18 AM  Show Profile
Hi Arlene -- you are certainly welcome to join us! Please email me with your name, address, and birthdate. Just click on my user name and at the next screen you'll see where to email me. I'll be sending out the new list this afternoon so it's perfect timing!

"If you are lucky enough to have a garden, you are lucky enough!"
Go to Top of Page

KJAMES
Farmgirl in Training

34 Posts

KAREN
SC
USA
34 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2005 :  09:15:19 AM  Show Profile
Received the nicest envelope full of mail art from Sqrl (Melissa) yesterday when I got home from work. Such a nice surprise. This mail art is a great idea.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
Go to Top of Page

Carol
Moderator/MaryJane's Design Diva

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2005 :  6:09:53 PM  Show Profile
Hello Farmgirls!

Cindylou had to dash out early, and she asked if I would post this letter from her. ~Carol

The Farmgirl Posse Rides Again!!
Clare, in her moderator capacity, myself, MaryJane, and Carol are developing an upgrade to the features on our forum.

We love the projects that are exploding on the forum! You fabulous farmgirls are participating in mail art, making blankets for the needy, creating mail art, aprons, quilts, and dolls that travel. You are tireless in your efforts to give of yourselves to others.

I have a lot of experience in organizing round robins, since I organized the travels of the Premiere magazine and journal. Thirty worn copies of the Premiere magazine have traveled to over 450 farmgirls at heart along with journals that came back fabulously and elaborately decorated. It took bundles of time and organization. I’m pleased as punch to call projects like that part of my “job”!!

Now if I coordinated the travels of the traveling Farmgirl MaryJane and Farmerette MeggieRae dolls, they could return to the farm after visiting say 8-10 farmgirls. They’ll have lots of new clothes, accessories and stories by then. Carol and MaryJane will take pictures to post so you can all see the dolls. Some of the pictures might even show up in upcoming magazines. Typical of girls, the dolls will need new wardrobes fairly often, so after they’ve rested and recuperated ~ tee hee~ I’ll send them out again pronto. As I learned with the Premiere Tour, it’s a lot of tracking and nudging to keep things traveling along. I can plan for the dolls to return for Farm Fair next July so you can visit them when you come.

We’ve noticed that several new farmgirls on the forum are feeling lost because some of the conversations are quite lengthy. They can’t easily find a central spot to sign up for any of the projects that are going on. Nothing confuses and discourages farmgirls like chaos! MaryJane has gone to great effort and expense to create the Forum and I know you all appreciate it. We’d like to keep MaryJane-related adventures right here on the Farmgirl Connection Forum and not send our farmgirls off to other websites; it just gets too confusing.

We want to tie some secure “apron strings” around the mail lists by having them originate from the farm in order to protect everyone and their information. We’ll organize a master list for each wonderful, bright, and original “traveling” and “exchange” venue that is created.

Soon we’ll gather up all the lists. You’ll be able to sign up on whichever lists suit your fancy. In the near future you’ll simply e-mail ~ quilts@maryjanesfarm.org, dolls@maryjanesfarm.org, buttons@maryjanesfarm.org, aprons@maryjanesfarm.org, mailart@maryjanesfarm.org, birthdays@maryjanesfarm.org, books@maryjanesfarm.org, etc. Then we’ll e-mail back to ask a few pertinent questions and get your address and phone number. While we monitor the lists for privacy and safety, all you farmgirls at heart can turn your energies toward creativeness and leave the “worries” to us! We have the technical experience at working out the “bugs” on mail lists and organizing “traveling” journals, etc.

Thanks for your understanding, farmgirls and guys! Watch for more details soon.

MaryJane's Left-Hand Farmgirl
Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

QuiltingQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2005 :  6:43:19 PM  Show Profile
Cindylou & the Farmgirl Staff,

I just want to say thank you for taking care of the lists and keeping the forum such a wonderful place! We appreciate all that you do! You girls (and guys) at MaryJane's are wonderful! Thanks!

Jane

"Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do... but how much love we put in that action." ~ Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2005 :  6:59:13 PM  Show Profile
A big thank you to Laura in PA for the incredible mail art I received yesterday. Even the envelope is pretty! I just love getting this mail...............

Marcia

"I suppose the pleasure of country life lies really in the eternally renewed evidence of the determination to live." Vita Sackville-West

Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2005 :  10:05:49 PM  Show Profile
Cindylou -- you guys are amazing!! I am so glad that you are going to be the "keeper of the lists". The mail art list is growing so fast that by the time I get done adding people each week and keeping up with emails, I don't have to time to create any art!! Just let me know when you want me to forward the mail art list to you. Thanks for all you do!!

"If you are lucky enough to have a garden, you are lucky enough!"
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  04:45:09 AM  Show Profile
CindyLou and MJF staff, a BIG thanks for keeping us simple and easy. This site is my all time favorite, keep up the GREAT work, we sure do appreacite it!

Sisterhood of the Traveling Art

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  05:34:39 AM  Show Profile
I agree, it'll be great to have a centralized location for the lists and round robins. The things you do are amazing!!!!!!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  05:46:54 AM  Show Profile
MJF, Carol, Cindylou, Clare - thank you a million times for creating a safe and central spot to participate in these projects. You guys are the best. And quite smart, too!

jpbluesky
heartland girl
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  08:57:31 AM  Show Profile
Wow this is great, just love being organized. Some of these treads I didn't even know about. Thanks for doing this and creating a space for us to share our lives with one another. I have met such a wonderful bunch of spirits through this forum. Thanks

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com/artisan

Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2005 :  12:29:32 PM  Show Profile
Linda Houston!Thank you for the wonderful, warm and cheery mail art today! Love it!!

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2005 :  5:45:54 PM  Show Profile
jpbluesky...got your adorable beach theme mail art..thanks so much!!! cute cute cute!!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2005 :  05:41:41 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for keeping us organized. You are a thoughtful farm girls and I appreciate all the work you have done to protect our list and keep it current.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2005 :  08:32:58 AM  Show Profile
Aunt Jenny - you are welcome! Come on down and we will sit together on the beach in chairs just like that......well, maybe after hurricane season!

Did the shell make it you unbroken?
jpbluesky

Edited by - jpbluesky on Aug 28 2005 08:33:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2005 :  5:15:25 PM  Show Profile
no..I wish..it was broken in a few peices...I am going to try to crazy glue it back together..sure is a pretty one!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2005 :  04:23:05 AM  Show Profile
Aunt Jenny - I will send you another - more carefully packaged this time!

jpbluesky
Go to Top of Page

Melissa
Farmgirl in Training

23 Posts

Melissa
Selden NY
USA
23 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2005 :  7:00:23 PM  Show Profile
Thank you to Laura Kooiman (sp?) and Linda Houston for your beautiful mail art. Laura, my kitty was my first baby and I had him for 17 years. Linda, I sure hope you are OK and got through Hurricane Katrina safely!

"Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light." Roethke
Go to Top of Page

Melissa
Farmgirl in Training

23 Posts

Melissa
Selden NY
USA
23 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2005 :  7:10:35 PM  Show Profile
I'm confused. Cindy Lou, could you explain how we are to decide which name we should send our mail art out to according to the lists we have downloaded? Thanks so much!

"Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light." Roethke
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2005 :  8:22:51 PM  Show Profile
Melissa...(clare or cindylou correct me if I am wrong) we decided to start with the person directly above yourself on the list and go from there...that way every one dosn't start at the top and the bottom of the list people miss out. But you are free to skip around too and do it in your own order.
Thanks Helen in NZ and Meadowlark Jenny for the wonderful mail art today..it is so fun to go to the mailbox each day!!!
Jeannie..you are so sweet to send another shell!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2005 :  8:24:30 PM  Show Profile
Until a different format is in place, the original plan was to send a piece of mail art to the person's name who was listed the line above yours. From there, it's at random or your preference, averaging one piece of mail art produced and sent per month.

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 56 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Archived Mail Art Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page