Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Archived Mail Art Next Topic
Page: of 56

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2005 :  10:08:03 PM  Show Profile
Kim, Please take care and my thoughts and prayers for healing are with you! I am so sorry this happened! And please, no mailart dances for another 6-10 weeks. Take care of that foot girl! You were on my mind the last few days! Keep an eye out for some mailart from Kansas soon!!!

Being is what it is. Jean Paul Sartre
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2005 :  05:49:03 AM  Show Profile
Hanndmaiden - Also praying for you! Take it slow, and let that foot and leg heal strong before trying to get up on it. Do the mail art wiggle instead.

jpbluesky
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2005 :  06:45:50 AM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness, Kim! Please take extreme care. You want a perfect healing... good as new... so only do the mail art stomp with the good foot! You'll be in my thoughts too for a speedy recovery.

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2005 :  3:17:29 PM  Show Profile
Kim, A normal day, Huh ? Listen, seriously, take care of yourself and you have a ton of prayers coming your way---Get better so we can do the cajun two step !!!!!

Linda H.
Go to Top of Page

The Handmaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Kim
Shreveport Louisiana
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2005 :  8:15:46 PM  Show Profile
many thanks for all the well wishes, farmgirls!!! feeling better already!... and i'm practicing that mailart dance...that's a foot stomp with the right foot and toe wiggles on the left...heartfelt hugs,kim

"Faith shall finish all that Hope begins."

joan walsh anglund
Go to Top of Page

quiltedess
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

Nancy
Priest River ID
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2005 :  07:37:16 AM  Show Profile
Kim:
I REALLY feel for you!! A few years ago I broke both fibula and tibia and a couple of bones in my ankle that I don't know the name of. I still have three screws in my leg. The very worst part of the whole thing was enduring the cast. If I had to do it over again I would have insisted that the cast be replaced (or taken off earlier) because as the swelling goes down and the padding inside gets squished, it doesn't fit very well and gets horribly uncomfortable. Maybe you don't have a cast? That would be the best for sure. And don't get me started on crutches . . . It's a wonder I didn't break the other leg too. I don't know why my doctor didn't suggest a walker. I had to get "lessons" on crutches before they would let me leave the hospital. Now I've seen people with these cool little "carts". You can kneel the broken leg on it and it has handles and you can just push and roll along . . . much safer than crutches.
My sympathy and prayers are with you. And best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Nancy
Go to Top of Page

goalieboy
True Blue Farmgirl

69 Posts

erik
moscow id
USA
69 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2005 :  12:45:00 PM  Show Profile
I'd like to quote Kim: "Women rock! And the girlfriends I have made here rock, too."

As one of the few testosterone laden lads on this forum i second this sentiment. I recieved a package from BlueEggBabe Susan a few days ago. It blew me away. It has taken several days of cherishing it for me to even respond. You should see this thing, girls. It's two cards and a bag of soap. One card has the famous pic of Ms Susan, but decked out in hockey equipement and holding a chicken. She's blacked out a couple her top teeth and is wearing an apron. There's a big patch on her shoulder that says, "MOM." She's holding the chicken in front of a famous picture of oldtime hockey great Charlie Gardner, who played goalie for the Chicago Blackhawks in the 30's. Ms BlueEggBabe is whispering in the chicken's ear, "psst... go for the deke, Patsy." And Patsy is growling while Charlie the goalie is intent on "chicken psychin'' and is cooing, "Here, chicky chicky..."

Witnessing the scene is a picture of the famous coach, Scotty Bowman and he's flanked by two players on the bench. He's sayin' to his team: "God, I LOVE Farmgirl nights. How 'bout it, Boys??" while his players are perked up and sayin', "Do i smell pie?" and, "Holy Geeze, getta look at that apron." Plastered across Ms BlueEggBabe's shinguards is a chinese fortune cookie that says, "Learn Chinese - Ice skate = Liu-bing" and tucked in the bottom corner of the card is: "WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS, smile politely and throw them away when life isn't looking."

And that's just the front. On the back there's a picture of my goofy mellon plastered on some poor goalie's outfit with the crest, MJF across the front.

There's another whole card called the "Goalie Boy News" and Ms Egg has pasted many articles from the hockey history books featuring stories about great goalies. Yes, Ms Egg, that Seattle Metropleans jersey is COOL. They used to play in a league with the Portland Rosebuds, which i always thought was a particular name for a pro team, but i like it.

To top it off there's a bag with a handwritten note beautifully written across it and sealed with a goalie picture. Ms Susan made this soap for her son's hockey team last christmas and i am honored to get a bar. It's labeled and called, "UREEKA!! Hockey Player Cleansing Bar" Among its benefits is it's ability to, "Washes away even the nastiest Blood, Sweat and Tears after every game." And there's a bottle of "Stiff Neck Salve", too.

Amazing.

Thank you.

So now i have Clare's clairvoiant card, Kim's instant band microphones and Susan's Old Tyme Hockey Art cards and soap. it was never in my job description but i love every minute of this stuff.

Yours truly amazed,

gb

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2005 :  6:48:25 PM  Show Profile
Goalieboy- you must think you have died and gone to heaven with all this female adoration going on!

And Blueggbabe, you are the most creative and fresh thinker!!! Wow!

jpbluesky :)

Edited by - jpbluesky on Sep 05 2005 6:54:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2005 :  03:18:28 AM  Show Profile
"Holy Geez", goalieboy....
your praise is most humbling.
All I can say is I never, ever imagined I might find a farmfriend on this site who also has "hockey ice" running through their veins!!
I had more than enough inspiration, a great theme and a huge stack of hockey history books that I bought my son over the years.
Just never imagined when I bought them that I would be using them for mailart one day!!!
Riley actually looked over my shoulder, happy that someone from the farm would be interested in his soap and his "life".So it just grew from there. Have to be honest, my family rolled on the floor laughing when they saw BlueEggBabe dressed as a hockey player with no teeth and an apron.....
I have an enlarged copyof her on my fridge. It makes me laugh
I am so glad you liked it. It was a blast to make.

"If more of us valued good food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world place."
J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

goalieboy
True Blue Farmgirl

69 Posts

erik
moscow id
USA
69 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2005 :  09:31:14 AM  Show Profile
You made it onto my fridge, too. Lessee, we have Bobby Orr, Gordie Howe, Peter Forsberg and... Blue Egg Babe!
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2005 :  09:49:59 AM  Show Profile

Wow...Great company!Riley will be impressed.
Forsberg on your fridge,
but.......
Forsberg on MY team
Yahoo!!

"If more of us valued good food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world place."
J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2005 :  1:51:37 PM  Show Profile
Mail Art Folks -

Here is a chance to use your mail art techniques and your loving heart to help Katrina victims. Gift cards from Target, Wal-Mart, JC Penney, Sears, Shell and Exxon, and phone cards, can be purchased and sent to:
Southern Texas Women's Ministries
P.O. Box 9714
Houston, Tx 77213
713-455-1221

Please insert your small denomination gift card into a wonderful mail art card and send it in another envelope to the address above. It will then be distributed personally to victims of Hurricane Katrina. And it will be personal - a direct connection with someone who is in need.

If you feel you have not done enough to personally help another in this tragedy, then this may be your chance. A friend of mine in Oregon sent me this address and she is a loving and kind person. I hope we all can find some way to help, through the mail, as we continue to use our mail art talents and gifts.

I love you all!
jpbluesky

Edited by - jpbluesky on Sep 07 2005 1:53:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2005 :  2:04:47 PM  Show Profile
Thank you so much JP! There are 500 displaced people coming to our small town and the needs are so tremendous! Storage containers are needed, like footlocker size plastic bins, sports duffle bags, personal items. These gift cards are such a great idea! You are a sweetie JP!

Being is what it is. Jean Paul Sartre
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2005 :  4:50:19 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, Meadowlark!!! You make me feel good!

To everyone - Just wanted to let you all know that I sent the Sisterhood of the Travelling Mail Art Journal on it's way today. My daughter was going to make an entry, but she has been gone all week, and I did not want to make others wait too long. So, Quiltedess Nancy Hamblin, it is on it's way to you in Washington! I put it in a nice size box so it will not get crushed in any way. I urge everyone to send it on in that way so we can take good care of it. It is precious to us all!

Love, jpbluesky
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2005 :  4:52:27 PM  Show Profile
How exciting Jeannie..I can hardly wait to see it..but I am glad some of you will see it first so I can see what you put in it!
I got my new shells today..thanks so much for them too, Jeannie...they are on a little shelf in my living room with a wooden fish my son Casey carved one day for me.

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2005 :  5:47:07 PM  Show Profile
Please somebody help! I misplaced my copy of the Art mailing list and now I have all this art and nowhere to send it. I tried looking up the website in Google but all I got was "Sisterhood of the traveling Pants"! Can somebody please e-mail me a copy or tell me how to get a replacement copy? Thanks!

Utah Farmgirl
Patricia

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2005 :  8:40:13 PM  Show Profile
Patricia -- email me and I will send you a copy of the list that I have. It's the last one that went out before the Farm took things over.

"If you are lucky enough to have a garden, you are lucky enough!"
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2005 :  04:43:12 AM  Show Profile
Aunt Jenny - I am glad you got your shells. And I am honored that you put them on a shelf with "family"! :)

jpbluesky
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16373 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16373 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2005 :  06:00:39 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Farmgirls! Just so everyone knows, Patricia will be receiving the names of the gals who have recently signed up through us, in addition to the names Kay so lovingly compiled. Create away! But please do send us more names at mailart@maryjanesfarm.org. Don't forget to include your physical address and phone.
MaryJane

Watch for my new book, "MaryJane's Gathering Place - Ideabook, Cookbook, Lifebook - for the farmgirl in all of us," to be published by Random House's Clarkson Potter/Publishers in Spring 2005.
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2005 :  08:38:25 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Kay! I have e-mailed you separately. By the by, I just wanted to say that I got Mary Jane's book yesterday. What a treasure! The photos are gorgeous and the text is informative and entertaining. You feel like you're right there talking with her at the farm. Can't wait for the next one, but this one will be in my library for a long time to come!

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2005 :  09:54:57 AM  Show Profile
OK Ladies it's time ( we're even a little late) to update our website. Sue, our Junebug will soon be writting up our next news letter, thank you, thank you to Sue. Next we need recipes to share for our Pantry. As many recipes as we can get. Harvest season is approaching so let that be your inspiration, Fav. recipes, family recipes, old ,new, apple pies, stuffing recipes, hot cider, winter squash recipes. Anything, we need to fill our pantry. We will be changing the recipes once or twice a month so we'll a lot of recipes. Let's see what else... Oh Stories, I know you ladies have some great stories to share, funny, sad, warming they can be short or long, we have room. They don't have to be about mail art or farm life. They're the tales of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Art so whatever goes on around you that you want to share. I want to give people a peek into our lives and the connection that we have made here together. I would love for this site to be over flowing with recipes and stories and of course art. If anyone has pictures of the art that they have recieved please email them to me so I can post in the gallery also it would be great to get the names of the ladies who sent the mail, so I can give credit where credit is due. I have recently put the names under the art in the gallery so if you click on the picture to make it bigger it should see the artists name and screen name below the picture. I'm so gald the journal is making it's way around the world, I can't wait to see it.
Also you won't find a copy of the mail art list on the website since that list contains a lot a personal info I didn't want to show the world, so probably contacting Cindylou would be the best way to get copy of the list if you have missed placed it. I think that is it for know, I'm sure I'm forgetting something though. So send me your stories, recipes and art! Love to all of my sisters!!

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2005 :  11:35:08 AM  Show Profile
First of all, welcome MaryJane, what a honor to have you here among us! I bought your book a couple of months ago and still can't put it down, it's turned into a great coffee table book! I hope to have you autograph it someday? Did you ever get my mailart at the farm? I had sent it and others from a small post office in a ever small town and heard some things took forever??
As Sqrl requested, we need recipes, and I know you gals are loaded!! I"ve got in on some good ones from other forums here, so would love to see some canning recipes and homemade breads, love our forums!! So lets make Sqrl proud and get those favorite recipes in so our website can rock even more!

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!

Edited by - junebug on Sep 08 2005 11:36:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2005 :  08:44:50 AM  Show Profile
Sue, your awesome!

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Go to Top of Page

QuiltingQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2005 :  10:12:44 AM  Show Profile
Melissa,
I went to the gallery and clicked on the pieces of art. I got the bigger pictures, but no names. I tried each picture and even refreshed the page; still no luck. Thought you'd want to know.

Jane

"Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do... but how much love we put in that action." ~ Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2005 :  1:52:03 PM  Show Profile
Kay - thank you for the sweet smelling mail art I received today! When I opened my mailbox, this lovely flowery scent wafted out before I even knew what lay within! All the way up the drive, I could smell sweet aromas.
So, consequently, I did my mail art dance all the way up the drive! jpbluesky

Edited by - jpbluesky on Sep 09 2005 2:10:45 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 56 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Archived Mail Art Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page