FarrarFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2005 :  07:47:42 AM  Show Profile
Kathy A. from Utah - Thank you, thank you, thank you for the lovely mail art bag. It is the perfect rectacle for collecting all that I receive. What a creative idea for using a bag. And I LOVE bags. You are quite a gifted artist, too. Thanks again for filling my mailbox with some joy. God bless you this day and always in all His awesome ways.

In His hands,
LYnda

Pray in faith and you will not live in doubt.
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2005 :  12:52:00 PM  Show Profile
OK ladies, it's offical we now have our very own website. Check it out www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

So I don't have to type it all again go to the sisterhood website post I think on page two and read about all the updates for our website.

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com/artisan

Go to Top of Page

QuiltingQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2005 :  8:22:32 PM  Show Profile
Melissa,
It is so nice of you to do this for all of us! Thank you for the huge amount of effort you must have put into that beautiful website!

Jane

"Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do... but how much love we put in that action." ~ Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2005 :  07:24:10 AM  Show Profile
It won't let me access it, not found??

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2005 :  10:25:40 AM  Show Profile
I have some thanks to give out for the mail I have received recently. I've been so busy I have gotten a chance to sit down with my ladies, I gotta catch up and read some posts. Thank you blueggbabe, I just love my card, sooo creative, colorful so fun to get something like that in the mail. Thank you Kim for a peek into your world (backyard) I now have picture of where you are. And a thank you goes to Paula for the O.K. post card and yes you did it right. And than a big thank you to Jenny (meadowlark), did you see a picture of me on my site or something 'cause you hit the nail right on the head with the curly hair and glasses and than holding a sketch book and paint brush. It amazes me how you can know me so well and we're never met face to face, it's wonderful thank you, you are quite talented.
I'm going to post the link to the sisterhood site and see if it works better so here's the test.
sisterhood.sqrlbee.com or
www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com/artisan

Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2005 :  10:28:47 AM  Show Profile
Ok they should work. the first one you have to copy and paste it into the URL, the www one should take you right to the site. you can also go to our directory page www.sqrlbee.com and click the sisterhood link and it will take you there. Let me know if ther are any problems.

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com/artisan

Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2005 :  12:48:55 PM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!!

Melissa This is just wonderful! I am sooooo excited. Thanks for all that you have done to make this happen.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2005 :  1:03:00 PM  Show Profile
I think part of my problem is I'm trying to access it here from work. I'll just have to keep trying and definately look when I am home in September!

farmgirl@heart

Go to Top of Page

QuiltingQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2005 :  12:53:56 PM  Show Profile
Clare,

A big hug and thank you for the mail art I received today! Birdhouses, chickens, cute farm guy, watering cans, and plenty of flowers and sunshine...happy and relaxing...what fun...I love it! Thank you, thank you!

Jane

"Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do... but how much love we put in that action." ~ Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

sabrina
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Shannon
Freeport ME
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2005 :  1:01:54 PM  Show Profile
Okay everyone, I'm new to this great group and you have got me ALL excited about this Mail Art! How do I sign up? I love sending/receiving old fashion snail mail, and no one really does it anymore...Please let me know how I can be part of this.
Thank you.
Shannon
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2005 :  1:07:49 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Shannon! See the MailArt II-Update post in this same section. It has all the details.

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2005 :  1:08:47 PM  Show Profile
Jane, so glad you like it! Happy weekend!

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2005 :  1:24:18 PM  Show Profile
Well done with the site sqrl it looks great!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2005 :  7:44:07 PM  Show Profile
Missy of lamargueritefarm fame! Thank you very much for the wonderful mail art today! Thank you for the nice words, and my, my how Creative you are!!! I have thought of digging out some old family photos to do something cute with, and now you've inspired me to do just that! The red button is the crowning touch, too! Beautiful and thanks again.

Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2005 :  02:45:20 AM  Show Profile
Our website is wonderful. I have been away from my computer and when I checked my e-mail and saw our own website, I was so excited. Thank you, thank you, for the work and effort. I wish all the women knew about us. How lucky are we ?????

Linda H.
Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2005 :  3:19:33 PM  Show Profile
I just sent my information to rusticcottage and can't wait to get the list of the Sisterhood so I can start mailing 'art'. What a terrific idea.......

Mary

The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it. Wm. James
Go to Top of Page

The Handmaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Kim
Shreveport Louisiana
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2005 :  7:39:28 PM  Show Profile
I just read this quote and it reminded me of creating mailart....for those that creating is like an old hat, you'll be able to relate and for those just learning to exercise those creative muscles it'll give you the courage to "just start".

"The thing I love about the creative process is this odd paradox which is that you have to start somewhere...and then you have to "let go" of what you thought you were going to do." oriah mountain dreamer

I have some just about ready to go out and finally have 2 days off from work...couldn't wait to sit down and finish. SURPRISE! out of town guests for 2 days!...i'm trying very hard not to pout.

"Faith shall finish all that Hope begins."

joan walsh anglund
Go to Top of Page

lamarguerite farm
True Blue Farmgirl

649 Posts

missy
Battle Ground Wa
USA
649 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2005 :  7:56:18 PM  Show Profile
Clare-I'm glad you enjoyed the card! Seems like I remember reading a post that you collected old buttons so I added that just for you!!

Blessings,

Missy

"Show me you're garden and I shall tell you what you are."
-Alfred Austin 1905
Go to Top of Page

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2005 :  10:19:43 PM  Show Profile
I just wanted to thank Ladybugmom for the cute buttons and patches mail art I got in the mail the other day. I have it on my fridge. Yours was the first I have gotten and it really made my day!

Thanks a LOT

Bobbi

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive.
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2005 :  09:32:17 AM  Show Profile
I'm working on the updates for the mail art list and will send out a new list either today or tomorrow. I got behind last week because I was teaching VBS.

"If you are lucky enough to have a garden, you are lucky enough!"
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2005 :  10:39:12 AM  Show Profile
Doin the mail art boogie for LadyBugMomof6!!!! Thanks so much for the adorable button and bandana patch mailart LadyBug!!! I love it! I need to get real serious now about cranking out some more art to my sweet sisters...until the jelly is made it will be the paper kind! If a Mom of 6 can get art out I have no excuses...

Being is what it is. Jean Paul Sartre
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2005 :  11:13:35 AM  Show Profile
Ok, time for thanks. Some of you I already thanked awhile ago but am starting from scratch!
Mollmae you art was so cute, love the vintage farmgirls, jenny, you hit the head with the truck drawing! One of my fave colors too. Helen, I love the feather and shell and the paited card is beautiful. Melissa, the little ladybug is adorable! Susan (junebug) I can't wait to plant the seeds you sent, marlene, the note was lovely with all the stickers/pictures inside. Eileen your are a great photographer! Your birdhouse is so cute. Bramble, the potholder was adorable and the poem was perfect, you know me to a 't'! Dorothy, the chinese inspired fish is beautiful and I think I have a frame to fit it! lorj, the card you made with the photo fo your garden is beautiful. Susan (BlueEggBabe) I love the vintage postcard of the woman in her apron and the chili peppers, Karen (carthage MO) thak you for the fabric sqaures and buttons! The little notecard with the amish figures is too cute. Jane, the post card of aprons on a clothes line is precious and last but not least, Alee! I only got part of your mailing. Just my address and a sticker attached to it!! It's probably in some one elses home.

farmgirl@heart

Edited by - Kim on Aug 22 2005 11:14:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2005 :  12:12:43 PM  Show Profile
Kim, you had a GOOD mail day!!! Happy to be apart of it!

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

Kathy A.
True Blue Farmgirl

116 Posts

Kathy
Utah
USA
116 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2005 :  3:07:07 PM  Show Profile
Connie, What a creative surprise,I really like the paw-print touch. Thank you for the Mailart! I'm working on a new batch. Isn't this FUN!
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2005 :  5:40:50 PM  Show Profile
I got mailart today from Tami (Ladybugsmom6) and Robin today! Thanks gals!!! So creative

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet."~Rumi

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 56 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Archived Mail Art Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page