Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Archived Mail Art Next Topic
Page: of 56

climbergirl
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

west & north roadtrip
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2005 :  09:21:51 AM  Show Profile  Send climbergirl an AOL message
Cards I create are postcards so they don't need an envelope. Sometimes, the post office will ask me to put full, letter postage on them. You'd be surprised what the post office will ship without an envelope. As long as nothing will fall off or get caught in the machine, it can go as an unwrapped card. If they can't send it through the machine, then they start charging you for package rate.

I received a beautiful piece from Whimsy_girl that is a painted butt end of a corrugated cardboard box! Excellent!

While mail art has no boundaries, I enjoy creating this boundary for myslef. By limiting what goes on a card (all flat), I've got to be more creative in the story it tells.

I'm super happy to hear that so many people are having such a great time with making, sending and receiving the cards. And I hope the energy lasts through the winter when we're forced inside and our focus changes. I've got a proposal in mind if things wane a bit, but for now, it's great energy!
Go to Top of Page

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2005 :  11:27:32 AM  Show Profile
Oooh yay!! I'm glad to hear that you've gotten it.. I was starting to wonder if anything was getting where it was supposed to be going!

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive.
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2005 :  1:51:01 PM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!

I am finally on my way to the P.O. to send off some mail art--sending out about 13. I have decided that I don't have the time that I need to really get creative so I am switching to different types of postcards instead of note cards so that I can sign, stamp etc and send then out more quickly and keep up a steady flow of communication.

Plan to get about 40 of those out in the next week.

I think that the "Sisterhood of the Travelling Art" might even be more productive during the winter months when so many are inside for hours at a time. I have been truly amazed at the huge growth of this really cool project.

Good wishes to all.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

Kathy A.
True Blue Farmgirl

116 Posts

Kathy
Utah
USA
116 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2005 :  2:09:27 PM  Show Profile
Clare! I just returned from the post office, Thank you so much for the mailart, the scene you created is so homey to me I could step into the page easily. I have finally gotten a good start on my project and actually mailed some today yours included.

Jane -I know this is very late but the day Tater Duck arrived could not have been better timing. He brightened my day soooo much! Thank you. ~Kathy
Go to Top of Page

QuiltingQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2005 :  3:03:15 PM  Show Profile
Kathy A.,

I'm so glad you got my card! Tater Duck is still sitting here on my computer desk, but I'm not sure how long a potato will last. I'm thinking of mailing him to the girls at the farm so they can get to see him in person/tater. I sent them a card, but I'm not sure if they received it. Wonder if they've ever received a tater-gram? LOL

Jane

"Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do... but how much love we put in that action." ~ Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2005 :  5:03:12 PM  Show Profile
Thank you BlueEggBabe Susan for the very cool mailart today! I love the article and I'm going to use it as a bookmark! Thanks again!

P.S. Can you arrange to have the pickup truck delivered to me, please!??

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2005 :  6:03:11 PM  Show Profile
P.S. Can you arrange to have the pickup truck delivered to me, please!??

Clare,
My grandfather had a navy blue'48 Ford pickup that was then given to my dad to use around the farm. It was my first stick shift experience and I thought I was sooo cool bumping around the property in it.
Later on, some hotshot 20 yr old offered my dad some money for it and he sold it for a song.
To this very day I wish I had it...in fact I have dreamed about that truck more than once. So.........
honey, if I ever get a truck like that, I will drive your next mail art out to you!!
I am glad you liked it.
Sue
PSSST that truck is on the cover of the O'Sister CD...check it out

"If more of us valued good food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world place."
J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

whispering pines
True Blue Farmgirl

428 Posts

patricia
sedro woolley wa
USA
428 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2005 :  7:22:38 PM  Show Profile
I would love to get involved in mail art....what do I have to do?
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2005 :  7:31:05 PM  Show Profile
Hi Patricia, Go to MAIL ART II updates and that will help you...and email Kay at the rustic cottage, she is in charge of the mail Art Sisterhood lists.

Being is what it is. Jean Paul Sartre
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2005 :  09:51:04 AM  Show Profile
Kathy A.!! I love it. Your mail art is terrific. I especially like the idea that you recycled something useful!!! And - you are so artistic and I love the story, too! I also appreciate your kind words. Thank you very much!

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz

Edited by - Clare on Aug 13 2005 09:52:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2005 :  10:26:16 AM  Show Profile
I got wonderful new mailart yesterday (as we were leaving for a quick one night campout with the kids) from Whimseygirl and BlueEgg Babe...boy...what talent you gals have!! thanks so much!

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2005 :  11:09:09 AM  Show Profile
I got beautiful mail art today from BlueEggBabe (thanks!!!) and from Lynda (FarrarFarmGirl)(the magnets are so cool!) I am in still in awe of all the varied and incredible talent all you ladies on here have. Have a beautiful day!!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet."~Rumi

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2005 :  2:47:16 PM  Show Profile
Thank You Aunt Jenny!!!! I Love your mailart! I now have the best dressed dish soap bottle in the state! So cute and clever! You should sell those girl!

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2005 :  12:56:11 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, Kim, for the lovely mail art photo of your home fields. What a beautiful photo of Illinois, and the blue spruce remind me of my FIL's yard. Beautiful sky, too! Big blue sky!
jpbluesky
Go to Top of Page

CelticCoyote
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

Heather
Illinois
USA
111 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2005 :  06:30:00 AM  Show Profile
Ooooh, I got the best recipe in the mail the other day!! Thank you so much, Marcia (CelticHeart)!! The Raspberry Lemonade Tea looks wonderful! And the timing is great...we've been having some nasty hot days up here recently. Thank you so much!

Is it just me, or is this mail art thing one of the coolest ideas ever?
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2005 :  06:59:09 AM  Show Profile
Yes, VERY cool idea! And we have climbergirl for inspiring us with this idea, even though it tooks us quite a long time to really "hit" on the whole concept and get it going. Thanks climbergirl!

Go to Top of Page

Melissa
Farmgirl in Training

23 Posts

Melissa
Selden NY
USA
23 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2005 :  08:58:32 AM  Show Profile
Hey, it's been sweltering here, too! Can you share the recipe with us for that raspberry lemonade tea?

"Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light." Roethke
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2005 :  09:04:36 AM  Show Profile
Lynda!!! Thank you so very much for the lovely mail art treasure! I loved the card and the beautiful magnets! Doing my happy mailbox dance!!!!! Wow, such talent here, and farmgirl sweetness!

Go to Top of Page

QuiltingQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2005 :  11:26:38 AM  Show Profile
Kathy A in Utah,
I just received your incredible mail art bag...Wow...Your drawing is beautiful! I'm taking it with me to a quilting get-together on Friday to show some friends...I know they'll love it, too. You are very talented. Thank you so much!

Jane

"Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do... but how much love we put in that action." ~ Mother Teresa

Edited by - QuiltingQueen on Aug 15 2005 11:27:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

FarrarFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2005 :  11:43:04 AM  Show Profile
You are most welcome, MollyMae and Meadowlark, I am so glad that it arrived and that you are enjoying them. I had fun doing it and sending a little piece of my part of the country to everyone.

Matter of fact, it was in doing them, that I decided what I am going to do for our homemade Christmas gift for my husband's side of the family. We play rob your neighbor, but the gifts have to be homemade.

Have a blessed day.

In His hands,
Lynda

Pray in faith and you will not live in doubt.
Go to Top of Page

Kathy A.
True Blue Farmgirl

116 Posts

Kathy
Utah
USA
116 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2005 :  08:01:09 AM  Show Profile
Thank You! and your very welcome- Clare and Jane - This Mailart Thing is so inspiring! Who knew small art and messages in the mail could be such interesting FUN!
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2005 :  09:03:31 AM  Show Profile
I posted earlier that I am going to be away from my home tending to a sick friend for about 4-6 weeks...I do go home on the week-ends and when I arrived this past week-end had 3 pieces of mail art to cherish. I was so excited and of course, put them in my computer to add to my group.

This has been so much fun for me and I will have more time this week to work on pieces to mail. I have several ready to be put together for mailing.This is one of several great ideas that the farmgilrs have come up with!!! Thanks a million.

I laugh at myself because every chance I get during the day I come to the computer and read the site,,,It is wonderfully addictive and I feel connected even though I am not at home.

Linda H.
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2005 :  12:10:57 PM  Show Profile
That's another neat thing about mail art, how it is bringing us all together and bringing out our creative sides. Proves how such a simple act of kindness can make our lives wealthy beyond words, esp. now since the price of gas is taking it's toll on everyones budgets, maybe if we got the oil big wigs hooked on mail art, maybe they would feel rich enough to lower the gas prices? Just a thought? LOL

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

CelticCoyote
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

Heather
Illinois
USA
111 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2005 :  5:11:13 PM  Show Profile
I got my very first birthday card of the year the other day!!! Thank you so much, Junebug!! It's a really sweet card...and I really love embroidery, so it totally fits me. Thanks!

I swear, I've been trying to get a chance for three days to sit down & work on some more. Every time I think I can, something comes up. Yesterday, I'd planned on spending time working on 'em, but we wound up going to a state park (GORGEOUS day!!) all day instead. I can't really complain, the boys & I got a lot of hiking in & found all sorts of neat little things. I really love hiking, but I have to say, it's just so much more fun with my sons! This morning, when I got back from the grocery, my workspace (um, on top of my bed) was covered in legos. My husband and my sons were hard at work, and I wound up getting caught up in cleaning the desk, and here it is, after 7 & I've *still* not gotten a chance to go sit & work on it! Bleah! Okay, rant over...I'm about to tuck the boys into bed soon, so after that it is MY TIME. Heh.
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2005 :  5:55:16 PM  Show Profile
Connie, wonderful mail art in my mailbox tonight!!! How creative and appropriate your mail is! The diversity of what I receive continually amazes me! Thank you very much!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 56 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Archived Mail Art Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page