True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2005 :  01:03:15 AM  Show Profile
Hey, Meadowlark,
I hope all is going well for your daughter's move in Manhattan. Our daughter will be starting back up this year after taking a semester off. She's really looking forward to getting back into the swing of a school schedule. It can certainly be a hectic time, so my thoughts are with you and her both for a smooth send off. I hope your daughter has a great year this year.

I must have gotten a little (more like alot) wordy in my email to you, just the excitement I guess of meeting someone close to a place we are familiar with and visit periodically. Fear not, I will try to contain myself and keep things short and sweet. I love getting responses but fear I am scaring everyone away. I guess I'm just a chatterbox. Sorry about that.

Lynda

Pray in faith and you will not live in doubt.
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2005 :  04:47:20 AM  Show Profile
The beauty of this craft is it doesn't have to cost much at all, I too use old magazines I find at yard sales, thrift stores and the library sells old ones too for 25 cents. The online auctions are a great source and hit up friends and family to save you old magazines and such. When using the scrap book style, I"m sure there are some free sites where you can print off goodies? Clip art is another way to find pics. It's endless fun.......Enjoy!

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

mamajim
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

jaime

1 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2005 :  09:08:57 AM  Show Profile
hello farmgirls...

i'm very new to this forum, and i am so interested in being a part of this mail art movement....is it too late? who should i email or contact? (sorry, 29 pages of posts is alot to look through!!)
I hope all you fellow farmgirls enjoy this fabulous summer day!

jaime
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2005 :  09:13:43 AM  Show Profile
Hi Jaime, welcome to the board! Contact Kay at therusticcottage, you can email her through her profile

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet."~Rumi

Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2005 :  5:52:57 PM  Show Profile
A BIG farmgirl thank you to Kim and Lorij bayoubunch for the mailart today! Kim, what a serene and lovely back yard you have. I imagine your sunsets are to behold! Lorij, wow! girl, you are indeed an artist extrordinaire! Love the roses too! XXXXX

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2005 :  9:06:55 PM  Show Profile
I had wonderful surprizes in the mail from Meadowlark Jenny and Kim today..thanks so much! you gals are the best!!!

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2005 :  3:30:31 PM  Show Profile
A belated thank you to Kim and Emilie for the beautiful mail art I received. Things are a little confusing around here.

I did finally manage to get a couple of things sent out today with more to come.

Marcia in Pomeroy, WA (where, yes it's still burning) but we're all OK.

"I suppose the pleasure of country life lies really in the eternally renewed evidence of the determination to live." Vita Sackville-West

Go to Top of Page

quiltedess
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

Nancy
Priest River ID
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2005 :  4:46:49 PM  Show Profile
Marcia:
I was hearing about the fire on the radio today and thought of you. Really glad to hear that you are OK.
Nancy
Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2005 :  5:53:26 PM  Show Profile
Hi Aunt Jenny your mail art arrived in New Zealand today. Many thanks it is delighful!!!
Go to Top of Page

lamarguerite farm
True Blue Farmgirl

649 Posts

missy
Battle Ground Wa
USA
649 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2005 :  7:46:09 PM  Show Profile
Jane-I'm so glad you received your card and that you enjoyed it. It is such a hoot to get your mail and receive an unexpected card from a fellow farm girl that lives thousands of miles away.

Blessings,

Missy

"Show me you're garden and I shall tell you what you are."
-Alfred Austin 1905
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2005 :  09:13:04 AM  Show Profile
Hey Farmgirl Mail Artists,
My daughter brought me this cute magnet yesterday with a wholesome-looking vintage 50's gal on it and collagey typed lettters that say
"My garden kicks a--!" She also told me that there are whole books like this. We researched a bit and found the authors website:
www.annetaintor.comReally cute ideas for mail art.
Funny, too.

Sue
PS Warning: A few are a bit tasteless but for the most part are cute

"If more of us valued good food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
J.J.R.Tolkien[/size=1]
Go to Top of Page

quiltedess
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

Nancy
Priest River ID
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2005 :  10:18:34 AM  Show Profile
BlueEggBabe: LOL very funny, very cute! I'm ordering some magnets.
Nancy
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2005 :  10:28:08 AM  Show Profile

Hi farmgirl mail artists!! Another "Bee-utiful" batch of wonderful mail art has arrived at the farm. Heartfelt thanks go out to Aunt Jenny, MollyMae, Helen, Missy, Kim and LoriJ!! Carol will continue to collect these treasures and post them here on the forum soon. Her eye is slowly healing and she is able to work a few hours a day. We miss her laughter around here!!
Watch for updates!
sunnily yours,
Cindylou

MaryJane's Left-Hand Farmgirl
Cindylou
cindylou@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2005 :  10:33:30 AM  Show Profile
I can't wait to get home tomorrow and read all my FarmGirl mail and bring it back to Kansas with me! Then I can go through and thank everyone properly. I'm glad you all are enjoying my photo. i still have a few more reprints to get and send out next week. I LOVE taking photos!!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2005 :  10:35:58 AM  Show Profile

Marcia in Pomeroy ~ we all have been so concerned about all of you folks in Pomeroy this week!! The farm is close to the top of Paradise Ridge which gives us an amazing view of the huge billowing cloud of smoke that continues to rise from the fire! Please take care!! I noticed in this morning's paper that there is a previous store building where clothing, food, etc. are being collected for those who have lost their homes. Do you know the address? I'm sure we could gather up some things to send as a way of helping out. Please let me know if there is something else we can do!!
sincerely,
Cindylou and the rest of the farmgirls here at the farm

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2005 :  10:39:02 AM  Show Profile
Did Carol get my get well mailart?

Being is what it is. Jean Paul Sartre
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2005 :  12:55:42 PM  Show Profile

Meadowlark ~ I'm sure Carol has your get well mail art ~ she probably has it at home! Thanks for your thoughtfulness! Carol is working a few hours a day from home so I haven't seen her very much at all sadly! I'm sure she'll post your mail art along with the others. She's waiting for more before making another post.
Thanks dahlin!
Cindylou

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2005 :  8:34:41 PM  Show Profile
Cindylou,

I bet you all HAVE had a great view. I went with my DH yesterday in the truck--he's hauling grain right now--right out of the northeastern side of the fire. They're still trying to get what's left in there harvested. It's very sad and we can't even see the worst of it.

The address of the store is Heart to Heart for Families, 716 Main, Pomeroy, WA 99347

They are accepting donations of clothes, food and money. There are also accounts set up at 2 banks here in town. For more information you can call Sandi or Lisa at 509-843-1051. I haven't been into the store yet because I've been working but am planning to take some things down this weekend. I'm sure that anything would be appreciated. Some of those people lost everything or got out with very little.

Marcia

"I suppose the pleasure of country life lies really in the eternally renewed evidence of the determination to live." Vita Sackville-West

Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2005 :  04:48:28 AM  Show Profile
Blessings for safely to all who live near the fires out west, how terrible! Heard about them on the news and first thought was Mary Janes Farm and all the farm girls who live nearby, keep us posted and stay safe!

Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2005 :  04:51:50 AM  Show Profile
A big thanks goes out to Lori ( bayoubunch ) for the adorbale tea time cutout, how neat! And I love tea!! With each new piece of mail art, I'm in awe of this creative group of special ladies!!

Go to Top of Page

CelticCoyote
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

Heather
Illinois
USA
111 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2005 :  05:36:10 AM  Show Profile
Is anybody else having a hard time finding envelopes to fit the mail art you've made? My mail art tends to be about 4x6 inches, and all the envelopes I can find are either not big enough, or really big, so that it dwarfs the art itself. Oy. Or am I just waaay too fussy?
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2005 :  06:48:54 AM  Show Profile
Heather,
www.paperzone.com
has all kinds of different ideas and sizes for envelopes.
Even easy to make-your-own directions.
I had a big stack of flat paper bags (like the ones you get when you buy a card) that I designed my mail art around so they would fit.
I had to do something with all those bags!!

Sue

"If more of us valued good food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
J.J.R.Tolkien[/size=1]
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2005 :  06:52:45 AM  Show Profile
And not to be too boring or practical, there's always the standby 5x7 manila envelopes from the office supply stores. They can be prettied up and work like a charm!

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2005 :  06:58:13 AM  Show Profile
Yep, those are what I use!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet."~Rumi

Go to Top of Page

CelticCoyote
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

Heather
Illinois
USA
111 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2005 :  08:04:35 AM  Show Profile
Ooh, good idea! I'll have to check out Office Max this weekend. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 56 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Archived Mail Art Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page