Page: of 56

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2005 :  05:59:56 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
OH BlueEggBabe THANK YOU!!! Beautiful mail art!!! You inspired me to get busy!!!

Blessings & Bliss!.· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´ -:¦:-~Susan~
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*
Wife, Mother, Natural Woman, Savonnière, Writer, Baker, Gardener.
Wife to Jerry for 27+ years
Mom to Zach, Gesikah, Nathan, Hannah, Rachel and Benjamin
Yetta to Sam

Proprietress of Dahlem's Soapworks
http://www.thesoapmaven.com

"It's no bad thing to celebrate a simple life" ~ Bilbo Baggins

Go to Top of Page

QuiltingQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2005 :  06:44:41 AM  Show Profile
I just checked out the mailart page on the MJF website...WOW...what talent! BlueEggBabe, I am in awe! Your stuff is incredible! I had no idea what others were sending (I've only received one piece so far), but this gives me a whole new mental picture of what mailart is! I'm inspired. Gotta go buy more postage!

Jane

"Let us then plant with diligence and care
The garden of the soil,
But let us, with far deeper earnestness,
Tend the garden of our hearts."
~ from The Cottage Gardener, 1849
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2005 :  09:25:03 AM  Show Profile
Hey Jane, could you tell us where the MJF mail art page is? Or post the link, I can't find it.

Blessed Be

www.sqrlbee.com/artisan

Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2005 :  09:29:00 AM  Show Profile
See Cindylou's most recent posts. It's in both of them.

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2005 :  09:48:04 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Darlin!

Blessed Be

www.sqrlbee.com/artisan

Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2005 :  10:17:10 AM  Show Profile
Clare, thank you so much for the mail art today! It's incredible!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I can ease one life the Aching or cool one pain, or help one fainting robin unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain" ~Emily Dickinson

**When life throws scraps your way ~ Make a Quilt!**

Sisterhood of the Traveling Art
Go to Top of Page

CelticCoyote
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

Heather
Illinois
USA
111 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2005 :  1:47:49 PM  Show Profile
Okay, I've got my first piece completed, and three more in the works...this is so much fun! What a joy to create, and I love the small scale (large art pieces are too intimidating). Yay!
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2005 :  2:33:24 PM  Show Profile

Glad you like it Molly!

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2005 :  4:04:31 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everybody ~ This looks like fun and I would like to join but I'm a newbie and I don't know what to do. Will someone please enlighten me? Thanks! This whole chat seems like a breath of fresh air! Woo hoo!

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2005 :  6:06:16 PM  Show Profile
See my new topic "Mail Art -II Update" in this same category. You'll find what you need to know there!

Go to Top of Page

justacitygurl
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Dorothy
Haysville Ks
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2005 :  7:35:54 PM  Show Profile  Send justacitygurl a Yahoo! Message
How exciting! I received my first mail art today. Thanks goes to Emily for the nice hand made card (that I am keeping by the way!). Thanks also to Clare for the visual delight. It is truly exciting to have fun mail to open.

just a city gurl wishing she was a farm girl
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2005 :  7:58:45 PM  Show Profile
Glad you like it Dorothy! Yes, another thank you to Emily @countrywarmwelcomes for the lovely stamped card! Harmony... yes, that's what I'm all about!

Go to Top of Page

CelticCoyote
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

Heather
Illinois
USA
111 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2005 :  06:20:24 AM  Show Profile
Ohmagawsh, I am in awe!! I received my very first mail art today, from the extremely talented BlueEggBabe!! Geez, she's even got gorgeous handwriting! Thanks, Sue...I'm very impressed.

I have a narrow shelf running the length of my desk, on the wall just above my computer. I think I'll keep my mail art collection up there. It will go nicely with my wedding photo, an Ansel Adams print, and a map of England that was printed in 1903.

This is *way* too fun!!
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2005 :  06:42:43 AM  Show Profile
Geez Louise,
Thank you sooo much Heather,
I am thrilled that you liked it.
You are very welcome.

Sue

"If more of us valued good food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

justacitygurl
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Dorothy
Haysville Ks
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2005 :  07:02:49 AM  Show Profile  Send justacitygurl a Yahoo! Message
I sent out some mail art a couple of weeks ago. Just wondering if anyone has received any from me?

"old enough to know better, but still too young to care”

Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2005 :  07:22:32 AM  Show Profile
Lucinda, thank you!!! I love the hankies!!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I can ease one life the Aching or cool one pain, or help one fainting robin unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain" ~Emily Dickinson

Go to Top of Page

quiltedess
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

Nancy
Priest River ID
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2005 :  08:00:10 AM  Show Profile
Dorothy and All:
Yes, I received one of your fabulous mail art pieces. I was instantly in awe of it when I received it. It is beautiful (I am looking at it right now). I can see that you spent much time lovingly putting it together.
In fact I have received several mail art pieces and I treasure each one: thank yous are due to bubblesnz, TheRusticCottage, connio, junebug, jpbluesky, and bramble. All are beautiful and much appreciated and have brought a grin to my face. I have only sent one mail art out so far. But the next ones are going to be sent to you all. I have started them . . . but for more than a month we've been extraordinarily busy. I've traveled to my parent's home in north Idaho three times, we've had more guests this summer than we've had in the previous five years, we are packing to move, my son's wedding reception, the loss of a beloved pet, not to mention all the stuff that we do regularly like go to work and keep the house livable :-) Plus, a few breaks to read posts on this forum, which I LOVE. You all are the sweetest people on Earth.
Yesterday, the last of my guests left. This will give me a bit more time to be creative. I love making the mail art as much as I do receiving it. But, not quite yet . . . I need to go to work today and then after that I will be packing and moving stuff to the storage unit (because it's Saturday and hubby is home). Sunday is church day and then Monday . . . I'm FREE!
Gotta run now . . .
Nancy

Edited by - quiltedess on Aug 06 2005 08:00:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2005 :  08:25:37 AM  Show Profile
Nancy, we all know how life can take over, but this Sisterhood of the Traveling Art is " our place " where we can read posts from others whom we've connected too and where we can share our talents at our own pace without pressure, so work at your own speed and were glad your amoung us keeping the spirit of the mail alive. Such small gifts lift our spirits in a huge way, making the Traveling art a true sisterhood!

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2005 :  09:32:10 AM  Show Profile
I been ejoying the mail art so much. I didn't know what in world to do because I don't many crafts and especially creative things. The only thing I do and enjoy it is needlepoint and I have man pieces that I have done. I did not draw the pieces I did...that has been a drean of mine.

Well, Molly, bless her heart, had mercy on me and send me a piece of art and I followed her pattern (not to well I might add) and now I am a mail art 'nut'. (if you ask some, they will tell you I am a nut period ) I have had so much fun and have sent several pieces out. Then I put up the mail art pages and was blown away. We farmgirls are some taslented women (I use the royal we)

I am not defacing myself because I am talented in other areas,
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2005 :  09:38:03 AM  Show Profile
I hit the wrong button...I wanted to read and edit the above message.

Lastly, this has given me so much joy and I feel that I have unlocked a part of myself and taken a chance with all of you to a least try.I am taking care of a friend after surgery away from my home and my mail art box is the first thing I packed. That and reading will occupy my time away.

This is long, but I felt the need to say these to all of you...It is strange that I feel I know you so well and yet we have never met face/face....

Blessings,
Linda H.
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2005 :  1:06:50 PM  Show Profile
Hi Linda, I'm glad I could be a part of unlocking your "nuttiness" It IS fun, isn't it??

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

Go to Top of Page

The Handmaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Kim
Shreveport Louisiana
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2005 :  3:21:05 PM  Show Profile
Hey Linda! I'm a Louisiana farmgirl in training like you! I'm waiting on the updated mail art list and can hardly wait to get some in the mail to all these girls i've been meeting here. My best friend since grade school lives in lake charles and she's a nut too! your message made me smile so that means you're a "good" nut! i know the friend you are caring for thinks so, as well. and what a good idea... a mailart box! everything in one spot and if it's portable we could be making mail art just about any where the inspiration hits us.

bless you, kim

"Faith shall finish all that Hope begins."

joan walsh anglund
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2005 :  5:00:17 PM  Show Profile
Emily!! Thanks so much for the beautiful handmade card..I love it and will be keeping it for sure. You are so sweet!!

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things!
Go to Top of Page

QuiltingQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2005 :  5:54:57 PM  Show Profile
Emily,
I received your beautiful "harmony" card today...so exciting to receive your mailart. I love the little enclosure card with the cute little lady, too. This one's going on display with my farmgirl treasures. Thank you SO much!

Jane

"Let us then plant with diligence and care
The garden of the soil,
But let us, with far deeper earnestness,
Tend the garden of our hearts."
~ from The Cottage Gardener, 1849
Go to Top of Page

justacitygurl
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Dorothy
Haysville Ks
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2005 :  6:53:14 PM  Show Profile  Send justacitygurl a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Nancy for the reply. We haven't sent out but a few and just wanted to make sure they arrived. We have a bunch more to send out this week so those whose names are below mine on the list will be receiving something from us soon!

"old enough to know better, but still too young to care”

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 56 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Archived Mail Art Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page