Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Archived Mail Art Next Topic
Page: of 56

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2005 :  5:41:08 PM  Show Profile
Got my "drum" computer repaired and feel like saying Awwwwwwwhhhh.....I can chat with my sisters on my own turf now. Clare, Susan, Junebug, glad you enjoyed the art...My mom told me once when she gave me a crayon at 18 months old I drew stick people with clothes on so I guess these are a little more detailed...not sure about being an artist per say, but have always enjoyed the creative aspect. Wonder if I drew aprons on the stick people???

The flowers flee from Autumn, but not you-
You are the fearless rose that grows amidst the freezing wind. Rumi
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2005 :  11:17:58 AM  Show Profile

Meadowlark, I can completely relate to stick people ~ that is the extent of my ability in drawing "real life." Thankfully, I learned from my three children that there are many varieties of artistic abilities. Now my favorite is painting flower pots in various abstract faux designs and colors. Mixing paint colors is lots of fun!! Those little foam brushes and small watercolor brushes allow for lots of creativity.
sunnily yours,
Cindylou

MaryJane's Left-Hand Farmgirl
Cindylou
cindylou@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2005 :  11:25:57 AM  Show Profile
Cindylou - I am glad you liked the mail art I sent (I am the Jeannie Pierce one). Thank you for being so thoughtful to thank us all. Wish I could mail myself to the farm for a day. :)

I know your Iris Lane mailbox will keep brimming. I think you should all take a short break and go(for fun)as a group down to the mailbox!! :)

When I would spend Iowa weeks on the farm as a girl, my girlfriends would mail letters to me. I loved that trek down the lane to the mailbox. It was so peaceful, with the breeze and the fields all around and the anticipation of a letter to read.

Have a wonderful day, Cindylou, and give Carol our best!

jpbluesky
Heartland girl
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2005 :  11:40:12 AM  Show Profile
OH NO!!
My brand new all-in-one scanner, printer, copier just crashed!!!
I have been using it hot and heavy for mail art lately but apparently it's a manufacturer's problem and they are sending me a new one........in 5-7 days!!!! I am glad it's under warranty but geez..I guess mail art gets put on the shelf for a few days and I can get some work done! HA! That's probably the kick in the butt I needed.
I can always decorate the envelopes in the meantime!

Sue

"If more of us valued good food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2005 :  12:29:34 PM  Show Profile

A HEART-FELT THANK YOU GOES OUT TO BLUE/EGG/BABE, CLARE,JULIA HAYES,SUSAN ATWELL, AND MOLLYMAE FOR THE FABULOUS MAIL ART RECEIVED AT THE FARM!!!
WOW!! They are all gorgeous, funky, and fun! As you know, Carol and MaryJane are always on the lookout for "graphic designer" content to be included in upcoming magazines. Erik and Carol will scan all the mail art received here at the Farm. Our mailbox at PO Box 8691, Moscow, ID 83843 is bursting with creativity! It makes the 7/10ths of a mile walk to gather the mail worthwhile!!Carol will continue to gather Mail Art to post on the forum!
The first group of creative, frivolous, fabulous works of art are now on display! Just follow the link. Thank you Carol!! (Carol's eye is
feeling a little better.) She will be working from home a little each day. We all miss her!!
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/MailArt/

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2005 :  12:33:21 PM  Show Profile

Oh my gosh!! I forgot to add Jeannie Pierce's name - her gorgeous Mail Art is also on display along with the others. Thank you so much for thinking of us Jeannie!!
love,
Cindylou

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2005 :  12:41:12 PM  Show Profile

While I was writing more posts came in ~ Hello again Jeannie! Your Mail Art card is beautiful !! How did you make the tiny delicate cuts around your paper apron?? It is darling!!
Thanks for your story of walking to the mailbox!
One of the "perks" at the farm is our daily half hour walk, usually to the mailbox and back! Wild Iris Lane is 7/10ths of a mile one way, so in the summer heat it is quite a workout. The Mail Art is to us as the "carrot" is to the donkey ~ it encourages us to keep walking!!
Thanks again for thinking of us! I hope you enjoy seeing all the Mail Art on display!!
sunnily yours,
Cindylou

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2005 :  12:49:49 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness, Cindylou & Carol! A whole page of my mailart! Guess I"m "outted" now, aren't I? Hmmm... might crawl under my shell for a while, but I'll live! Gotta get over this shyness gene thing! And... I loved viewing everyone elses submissions too!!!

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****

Edited by - Clare on Aug 03 2005 1:06:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2005 :  12:53:24 PM  Show Profile
Cindylou - you did thank me earlier! But it is fine to thank me again! Don't worry, you had already included my name in your posts!

The card I sent you was an example of scherenschnitte - or paper-cutting in American! Anyone can sketch something on translucent paper, turn it over and use an exacto knife or a small scissor to cut on the lines of the design. Then, sparingly glue it on a darker paper. It can be very detailed or very simple. It is an old art form. Historically, the Chinese were the first to master it, but the Germans loved it too, hence the name scherenschnitte!

Thank you again, Cindylou. The graciousness and thoughtfulness of your western gals puts Southern hospitality and charm to shame!

By the way, I just went to view the mail art! Hollllly Cowwwww! How beautiful and creative and now I feel totally inept! But it is fun to be part of this, anyway!

jpbluesky
Heartland girl

Edited by - jpbluesky on Aug 03 2005 1:22:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

CelticCoyote
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

Heather
Illinois
USA
111 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2005 :  1:21:34 PM  Show Profile
Can someone post a link to the pictures of everyone's mail art? I can't figure out how to get there...
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2005 :  1:28:14 PM  Show Profile
Celticcoyote - go back one page and you will find that cindylou posted a link there. That is how I found it.

jpblueslky
Go to Top of Page

CelticCoyote
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

Heather
Illinois
USA
111 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2005 :  1:49:08 PM  Show Profile
Good heavens, how did I miss that?! Thanks, JP!
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2005 :  2:46:52 PM  Show Profile
Boy Clare and Sue (BlueEggBabe) you guys have been busy~busy getting that mail art out to the farm! I've only sent one (mine is the FarmGirl Garden). Cindylou, I have yours ready to mail out tomorrow...be on the lookout! How fun to see these on the website

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I can ease one life the Aching or cool one pain, or help one fainting robin unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain" ~Emily Dickinson

**When life throws scraps your way ~ Make a Quilt!**

Sisterhood of the Traveling Art
Go to Top of Page

little feather
True Blue Farmgirl

83 Posts

Tawnya
Walnut Creek California
USA
83 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2005 :  3:22:54 PM  Show Profile  Send little feather a Yahoo! Message
Wow! I just went through all the mailart Cindylou posted. How wonderful!

A truely talented Sisterhood of Traveling Art!

I can't wait to get some sent out! I've started collecting and making a few to those of you who I know are signed up!
All I need now is the address list!

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost

Edited by - little feather on Aug 03 2005 4:15:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2005 :  3:35:47 PM  Show Profile
I have been sick today but had to check on this! What a wonderful and creative and joyful group of girl's mailart! Cheered me up! Thanks for sharing these CindyLou! Put your track shoes on to run that lane to the mailbox!

The flowers flee from Autumn, but not you-
You are the fearless rose that grows amidst the freezing wind. Rumi
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2005 :  4:50:11 PM  Show Profile
Aunt Jenny!!! What a super piece of sunshine in my mailbox today! Thank you so much! I can't believe you actually knitted with those little knitting "needles" the size of toothpicks! Now that takes more talent and patience than I've got!! Thank you for thinking of me, I love it!

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2005 :  5:07:36 PM  Show Profile

Hello again farmgirls!! The link to the Mail Art Display is
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/MailArt/
I'm really tickled that you can all see the wonderful Mail Art that arrives daily at the farm! Carol will wait until we have another 10 or so and then she'll make another posting.
This is the mom in me talking ..... everyone's art is original, cherished and beautiful as it comes straight from the heart and being of each individual. Therefore, there is NO such thing as good or bad, better or worse art work .... so please accept the compliments and accolades for the work you have created. I love it all!!!! I am proud of you all!!
Today we received one Mail Art from Aunt Jenny ~ (you will love the toothpick "knitting needles," how did she knit such tiny stitches with her active sons running around, hmmmm, she must have burned the midnight oil making these )~ and another from Helen in New Zealand ~ (a beautiful painted card with a Koru symbol which means new life or beginning, growth, harmony and peace.) Now that would cure all the world problems in a heartbeat!
Thank you all for your grace, beauty, intelligence and most of all ~ your friendship!!
love,
Cindylou

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2005 :  6:21:19 PM  Show Profile
That reminds me, I got mail art from Helen yesterday and forgot to thank her! Thanks Helen, I love it!!

Love,

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I can ease one life the Aching or cool one pain, or help one fainting robin unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain" ~Emily Dickinson

Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2005 :  7:45:14 PM  Show Profile

WOW!!
Oh my gosh, is right......
Hey Clare,
gotta little room under that shell for me??

Sue
Go to Top of Page

FarrarFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2005 :  10:01:15 AM  Show Profile
Good morning to all,

I should clarify, it's still morning here in MO. I have a confession to make, an embarrassing one at that; I have failed to acknowledge the one piece of mail art that I have received about three weeks ago and I'm sorry for not getting back on the computer sooner to let MollyMae know that her kind thoughts and very cute card arrived safe and sound.

So, MollyMae thank you very much, it truly made my day, I was so excited to see something from someone. I know my husband didn't quite understand the significance, but once I explained, he too, thought it is a wonderful group for me to belong to. He's glad that I have a way to connect with women who support and encourage one another in our desires to live as Farm Girls. And I do thank you all.

Since it's been awhile that I have had a chance to post anything, I am amazed at the rate of growth of the Sisterhood of Traveling Art. I really feel out of the loop, though, maybe that's why I haven't received anymore mail since I haven't been contributing to the forum. Be that as it may, now that I've had a chance to catchu up, it was most enjoyable reading about all the things that are being sent around and looking at the link of those sent to MJ Farms. You all are are very talented and have a wealth of ideas to share.

I know I haven't gotten anything sent out to anyone yet, it's happening in stages. I know what I am going to send just having some problems getting it all together. Maybe after this weekend, my mind will be a bit less cluttered that I can be better focussed. Right now I am in the throws of putting together a party for our youngest son's 21st birthday and we will be hosting and serving nearly 100 people. So I've been a bit consumed with just a few details lately. OH, it's a fun thing to plan and the thing I love to do, it just takes time especially doing it after working all day - what am I saying, you all know exactly what I mean - nothing I'm sure a number of you haven't already had to do. I know I'm in good company, it's inspiring to know that many of you pull off much greater feats with even more on your platters, so it gives me a boost to know that if you all can do what you do with your active farm lives, I can surely do this where I'm at. That's what's so good about being here.

So give me a couple more days and I'll see you on the screen again real soon. May you all continue to bless each other with precious, cherished thoughts and creativity through the art of mail.

In His hands,
Lynda

Pray in faith and you will not live in doubt.

Edited by - FarrarFarmgirl on Aug 04 2005 10:05:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2005 :  12:29:10 PM  Show Profile
WOW doesn't cover it, WOWWWWWWWWW! I feel honored to be apart of such a creative group, what beautiful artwork!! Speaking of beautiful artwork, how can I thank Susan Hess for making my day, got your PERFECT mail art today, as I have been re-doing our bedroom this week with new paint and paper and a sewing corner ( finally )so your mailart will hang proudly over my sewing machine, a HUGE thank you and hug Susan, I LOVE it!! A fellow Susan and fan!

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2005 :  12:46:16 PM  Show Profile
You are so welcome, Lynda! I'm glad that you enjoyed receiving it :) And don't be embarrassed about not acknowledging it sooner!! Good luck with your son's bday party, that is something I could not do!!!

Much love,

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2005 :  12:54:18 PM  Show Profile
Junebug,
I was so excited to send variations of that particular one out to all the Susan-s on the list and I am so happy that you were as excited to recieve it as I was to find it peeking up at me at the flea market. What a find!!! I have been thinking about framing mine as well.
By the way, "Suzy pnwchica" are you a Susan, too? or a Suzanne??
I have another to send to you if you like!

Susan,too

"If more of us valued good food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
J.J.R.Tolkien

Edited by - BlueEggBabe on Aug 04 2005 12:57:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2005 :  6:11:50 PM  Show Profile
I had a couple of members email me today saying that they didn't get the list that I sent out on Sunday. I think it is probably because they have spam protection and my email went into their junk mailbox. So could everyone make sure that my email address is added to your contacts list or safe list so that you can get the updates? Or be sure to check you junk mail folder.

I'll be sending out updates again on Sunday evening and new lists to the new members. I'll try to keep this schedule every week so you can expect updates on Sunday evening or Monday at the latest.

Kay - Living in Beautiful Washington State

"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face."
--Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2005 :  10:17:24 PM  Show Profile
Aunt Jenny, thank you for that incredible mail art you sent me!!! So personal and wonderful!!!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 56 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Archived Mail Art Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page