Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Archived Mail Art Next Topic
Page: of 56

Anna
MaryJane's Farmgirl

27 Posts

Pullman WA
27 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2005 :  5:09:09 PM  Show Profile
Hi! This is Anna, the seamstress from the Farm. I just wanted to say thank you so much to Clare for the wonderful mailart!! I just got back from an afternoon of fabric shopping (it doesn't get much better than that) and it was sitting on my desk!! How do I get added to the list so I can send something to someone else? Oh, and the dishtowel is absolutely adorable as well. Thank you so much, you totally made my day!
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2005 :  5:15:12 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, Anna, I'm glad you enjoyed it!! Just email Kay, member name TheRusticCottage, and she will add you to the list! It's fun!
Not sure if you got to see the card that I included that explained the dish towel. It is a "found" item and I thought perhaps you might use it in a photo shoot. Just an idea!

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****

Edited by - Clare on Jul 28 2005 5:44:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

shepherdess
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Robin
Eatonville Washington
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2005 :  11:43:26 PM  Show Profile
I have been getting wonderful mail art and I thank all that have sent to me. I am a little slow getting mine out. We are going on vacation Saturday and will be gone for a week and then I will get back to the mail art. I just think this is such a wonderful project. It makes me feel so good every time I get something. Thanks to all of you

Farm Girl from Western Washington
" From sheep to handspun "
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2005 :  2:30:49 PM  Show Profile
I received a mail art from Blue Egg Babe and it made my day! It is so thoughtful and wondeful to receive a little gift in the mail! You are all so wonderful!!!

Farmgirl love,

Meg
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2005 :  2:32:14 PM  Show Profile
I'm trying a new spelling of wonderful, wondeful! Oops!

Meg
Go to Top of Page

QuiltingQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2005 :  2:57:31 PM  Show Profile
Received a mail art from Polly in Ohio. I really enjoyed the card. What a clever idea! It's going to have a spot in my antique kitchen cabinet. Thanks so much!

Jane
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2005 :  6:05:54 PM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!

Clare Thanks so much for the wonderful, personalized mail art. I was so touched that you made a Cozy Cottage mail art piece just for me.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2005 :  6:11:19 PM  Show Profile
You're quite welcome, Connie! I am glad it brought you a bit of pleasure!

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2005 :  7:05:00 PM  Show Profile
Hi Farmgirls,
I just returned from a quilt retreat and need to share something wonderful with all of you. I sat across the table from a person who makes the most beautiful miniature quilts for framing and other things :) A very talented individual. I had met her before at an earlier retreat with this same group of ladies. I watched her make a very pretty little quilt yesterday with a basket in the center that was about 3" square.
Visit (www.gallopingpony.com) and see what Virginia has been up to. I'm sure you'll come away with some great ideas. The pictures take some time to load(well for me anyway) but are worth the wait. She brought some of these things with her to show us and she also had cards, which I don't see on her site. A few of you may be the lucky recipient of one of her cards.

Enjoy,
Marcia

"I suppose the pleasure of country life lies really in the eternally renewed evidence of the determination to live." Vita Sackville-West

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2005 :  8:05:08 PM  Show Profile
Wow...her website is a feast for the eyes...She is VERY talented for sure...pretty stuff..I bet is was so fun to see it all in person. Lucky you!!
I love the idea of the basket in the center of the mini quilts..since I collect baskets..maybe someday I could make a quilt with a basket center..honestly never occured to me and takes me forever to get my quilts finished (I sort of get sidetracked..ME>>>can you believe that???)and I have one now that has finish work still to do...but maybe someday> Thanks for letting us see the pictures!!

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things!
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2005 :  11:49:47 AM  Show Profile
BlueEggBabe - Just received the coolest mail art from you! Loved the envelope idea, too. And the old post card - you remembered!

You guys are passing me like a freight train passing a hobo when it comes to creativity and artistic talent! Thank you all! It really cheers a rainy day, Susan, to get a bright and beautiful piece of mail!

jpbluesky

Heartland girl
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2005 :  12:03:35 PM  Show Profile
JP,
I am so glad you liked the mailart. I especially enjoyed that one because I am a postcard nut myself. Finally,a way to share some of my stack! Hey, not sure if you noticed, but there are layers to your card....you can take the postcard out for a surprise underneath!
The envelope was a funny afterthought.
MUST get some work done this week.......really went off the deep end playing with mail art last week but it sure was fun.

Sue

"If more of us valued good food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2005 :  1:39:30 PM  Show Profile
Jane, the quilitng queen, thanks so much for the adorable card, so cleaver, love the duck!!

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2005 :  2:19:54 PM  Show Profile
Ok, girls I have sent out 20 this weekend! It stinks not getting any mail here in Kansas!!!!!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2005 :  2:49:48 PM  Show Profile
Kim - go get a cup of coffee or tea, close your eyes, and imagine that I am sending you a piece of mail art that has pictures of Illinois cornfields on it and blue skies, and pictures of country roads, and streams running through the trees that grow at the edge of fields, and hawks sitting on a telephone wire beside the road.....On the card are the words, Hello Fellow Farmgirl! How the heck are you?

There - now you have had your mail art for the day by telepathy!
jpbluesky

Heartland girl
Go to Top of Page

QuiltingQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2005 :  3:18:59 PM  Show Profile
Sue (Junebug),
You are so welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed it! I'm wondering if you can get a potato [duck] to dry like when you carve apple head dolls and let them dry and shrink? Any ideas, let me know. Have a great day!

Jane

"Let us then plant with diligence and care
The garden of the soil,
But let us, with far deeper earnestness,
Tend the garden of our hearts."
~ from The Cottage Gardener, 1849
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2005 :  3:23:37 PM  Show Profile
I finally got 5 sent out today...and need to get on the ball with sending some more! It was fun to do!! I sure have enjoyed all that have been mailed to me so far!!

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things!
Go to Top of Page

little feather
True Blue Farmgirl

83 Posts

Tawnya
Walnut Creek California
USA
83 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2005 :  4:19:22 PM  Show Profile  Send little feather a Yahoo! Message
Hi Y'all!
I just sent Kay all my info to add me to the Sisterhool of the Traveling Art address list.
I'm so excited to get started, I think I'll pull all my art stuff out tonight and start the juices flowing.
I can't wait to be able to send some mail art!

Thanks!
T

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2005 :  7:16:25 PM  Show Profile
JP Bluesky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a gifted artist you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I Love, love the apron that you drew for me. I have that
exact vintage pattern, too, and do intend to make them!!!
Thank you for the warm sentiment as well. You're the best!
XXXXXX

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2005 :  7:44:57 PM  Show Profile
Clare - I am so happy you like the mail art I sent you! It is so coincidental that you are back into making your aprons, too. It almost made me spill the beans today before you received it!

jpbluesky

Heartland girl
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2005 :  09:41:36 AM  Show Profile
Meadowlark,
HOLY MOLY! Just got my mail.....it's me!!
How did you know I had a fondness for pink aprons,Hon'??
I absolutely adore it.
Thankyou,Thankyou,Thankyou

"If more of us valued good food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2005 :  10:54:56 AM  Show Profile
Jennifer, thank you for the cool envelope and card, love the simple drawing of the farmgirl with a apron, says it all!! Boy, we sure do have some creative girls here!!!

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2005 :  1:12:41 PM  Show Profile

Hi farmgirls!! Oh my gosh!! Clare, BlueEggBabe, MollyMae and Jeannie Pierce have been having oodles of fun creating absolutely beautiful, poignant mail art for all of us here at the farm !! Clare has amazing "insight." My card could not have been more appropriate ~ ice skater and all! Julie Bell loved hers, too! Thanks Clare!!
BlueEggBabe, we are all wondering if the photo you include on all of your creations is of you, your mother or someone dear to your heart?? Your children are younger than mine, hmmmm, you have us all guessing! Ooooh, I also can't wait to try the Blueberry Ginger Chutney recipe you sent! I had a cranberry ginger chutney recipe and somehow lost it. Thank you for sharing it with Julie Bell!
Soon we'll be drawing straws to see who gets to go get the mail each day! There is a whole lot of creativity jumping out of the mailbox down at the end of Wild Iris Lane ~ thank you all very much!
Clare sent a beautiful hand embroidered dish towel, as well. That makes me think it's time to get started on some stitching projects for Christmas and birthday presents. Hmmmm, I better finish canning fruit and making jam first!
Carol's eye is healing but it is going to be a while before she will be out to the Farm. She is answering e-mails and doing a little bit of work at home. We miss her infectious smile and fabulous laughter! Thanks for sending her your best wishes!!

MaryJane's Left-Hand Farmgirl
Cindylou
cindylou@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2005 :  2:22:01 PM  Show Profile
Thanks JP! What a perfect vision and I'll keep that visual piece of mail art in my mind and heart!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2005 :  5:21:11 PM  Show Profile
Meadowlark!!! Thank you for the lovely, lovely mail art piece today! You too are an artist! I'm feeling like such a klutz. I admire those that can channel what's in their mind into their fingertips!!! Thank you very much!!! (And I should look as good as your farmgirl - in my dreams!)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 56 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Archived Mail Art Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page