Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Garden Gate
 Gardens and Yards as Spiritual work
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Garden Gate: Previous Topic Gardens and Yards as Spiritual work Next Topic
Page: of 4

ByHzGrace
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

348 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2005 :  12:05:55 PM  Show Profile
or is that babble like a brook
Race you back outside!!!
Go to Top of Page

little feather
True Blue Farmgirl

83 Posts

Tawnya
Walnut Creek California
USA
83 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2005 :  12:14:02 PM  Show Profile  Send little feather a Yahoo! Message
Oh, wow, did I stumble onto an amazing thread here! As I've read through, I found myself in tears over and over as topics change from one spiritual realization to yet another!
Where to begin to add my thoughts and feelings?

First- through my spiritual re-education I have found that GOD 'is' the space between all of our molecules. That he is the energy that connects everthing thing, every molecule as it vibrates. Hence- we are all one and all children of God. That is how I understand the converstaions here between Clare and Ellen.
Also, I've used this little "game" for negating negative thoughts and thought patterns. For every negative thought that pops into my mind- or if it has happened to go as far as to pop out of my mouth. I first ask for forgiveness- to forgive myself, because I know that God does, then I think of as many positive thoughts as I can to balance out the energy!
It helps me to stay focused and balanced.

I am so amazed to find so much of myself, my true heart self in the pages written here by women I have not yet met and am only just getting to know! Thank you all for sharing so much of your selves.

I too have a Labyrinth in my life. In fact, over a year ago, my Hubby and I decided to find a church. He's Catholic- I'm not! I've actually always considered myself more spiritual than religious. But, I did want my boys to have the memories I do of the "Church" family. My grandparents took me with them every summer while I visited. Some of my most precious memories. Perhaps I also made the decision for myself as well.
I found a church because of their Labyrinth. I've added their site if anyone would like to take a peek.
Since we joined the Church I've started to teach Sunday school. It's a very small church so we have a "one room Sunday school", some Sunday's only being my own children.
My first project was to plant a "sensory" garden with all the kids during Sunday school. It was one of the most rewarding experiences
I've had yet!
Thanks for letting me share!

Lots of love and positive energy!!

http://webspace4me.net/~cgibbens/index.html

Where ever you go, go with all your heart!
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2005 :  12:18:57 PM  Show Profile
Oh WOW Tawyna, another fantastic labyrinth!!! Thank you for sharing, too!

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****
Go to Top of Page

little feather
True Blue Farmgirl

83 Posts

Tawnya
Walnut Creek California
USA
83 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2005 :  12:52:33 PM  Show Profile  Send little feather a Yahoo! Message
My pleasure.

Our local Hosiptal, John Muir, uses the Labyrinth to bring patients to.
They've told me that they look so forward to being able to walk the Labyrinth each week. I believe that it is very healing!

Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2005 :  12:54:42 PM  Show Profile
Wow wee, now this is my kind a talk. I agree with on all points. When you allow yourself to be open to the energies of the Earth you can feel, smell and taste her energy. Remember we are all made of the same stuff, the same atoms just in different combinations. Ya know the the only difference between human life blood and plant life blood is one atom. they have magnesium and we have iron

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com/artisan

Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2005 :  3:29:08 PM  Show Profile
That Boxwood hedge in Ireland is just exactly like what I was dreaming of building from my little boxwood starts. It would probably take 10 years for them to become full and trimable. I stll may just do it! I loved the labyrinth we made in my lawn with cornstarch for a ceremony earlier this spring and walked it as long as I could still see it. I believe it was the same labyrinth as in Ireland.
Eileen

songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

ByHzGrace
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

348 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2005 :  09:59:36 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the website Tawyna. What did you put in the sensory garden?

Did anybody see the links page she has with the virtual labyrinth from the labyrinth society? what do you feel on sacred geometry? Is that the healer? how do we restore a sacred sense for this generation?

Looks like I will be visiting this http://www.labyrinthsociety.org/html/labyrinth_walk.html
for a read but got to go finish up what I started yesterday. I'm ditching in some wire for electric down by the pond.Then got to see ifn should I do moonlighting or path lighting?Doing this woody vine pulling I finding all kinds of yellow what I'm calling lilies but they maybe some kinda swamp iris. Anybody know?They have yellow flowers with spots inside and flat leaves and lots of babies coming off by way of shoots.
Go to Top of Page

ByHzGrace
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

348 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2005 :  10:00:57 AM  Show Profile

Sqrlbee I like your thinking where is the dust that has not been alive?
Are we all from the primordial stew gene machine?
Thanks for your link too.
Have you ever got up early when the dew is on the spider webs and mounted them?

One more thing before I pull my boots on is worry and doubt prayers and visualizations maybe self full filln programing for things you do not want? What was that Butterfly effect thing?
Go to Top of Page

little feather
True Blue Farmgirl

83 Posts

Tawnya
Walnut Creek California
USA
83 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2005 :  5:00:36 PM  Show Profile  Send little feather a Yahoo! Message
Hi Ellen,

We planted a lot of sage, tyme, lavender, lambs ear, one of my favorites, elfin tyme, hen'n chicks and buttons (succulents) white bella lavender- it's so beautiful! I'll have to pull out the old list of what's all in there!

Thank you for the great link! It's wonderful. Good luck and lots of fun with your project!

Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2005 :  9:06:29 PM  Show Profile
I thought this was the best place for the link to this interesting essay. Some will find the concepts new and provocative, and others will find timeless truth within. More food for thought:
http://commongroundmag.com/2005/cg3209/natureheals3209.html

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2005 :  9:12:24 PM  Show Profile
Again another very cool article Clare! How timely too! All the stress of the last two weeks are being manifested in a painful muscle spasm in my neck and shoulder! I need to let nature heal... by getting back in touch with it again!

Being is what it is. Jean Paul Sartre
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Garden Gate: Previous Topic Gardens and Yards as Spiritual work Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page