theoanne
True Blue Farmgirl

282 Posts

teddie
CARROLLTON GA
282 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2006 :  4:12:42 PM  Show Profile
YEAHHHHH Katie!!! You are the winner!!

I was beginning to think I was to vague with my clues. Please email me your address.

I love this series. It is just so...nice. No sex and violence. Just an easy read mystery. So glad there are others who enjoy Koko and Yum Yum and Mr. Q. I also like the series by Rita Mae Brown. Rest in Pieces is one of them. This series has a Corgi and 2 cats who help their human Mama "Harry" find the villians.

O.K. now it's your turn for a Question Katie-ell!

Teddie
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2006 :  5:09:33 PM  Show Profile
Hey Teddie, I hope we didn't give away the clues to your question too freely ... congrats to Katie-ell! I'll be watching for the next question...

Jo
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2006 :  5:25:58 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Katie! you go girl!

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2006 :  2:42:51 PM  Show Profile
Hey my ladies......

I am soooooo sorry I haven't sent out your cups yet. We have been supr crazy around here and I haven't been into town in a couple of weeks already! Not even to go to the grocery. We have a bit of trauma here. I will try my best to get them out this coming week. Tey are boxed up and everything.

I feel like a real jerk.....my sincerest apologies!
Please forgive me......

"I would not interfere with any creed of yours or want to appear that I have all the cures. There is so much to know...so many things are true. The way my feet must go may not be best for you. And so I give this spark of what is light to me, to guide you through the dark, but not tell you
what you must see."
-Author Unknown

"Contradiction is not a sign of falsity, nor the lack of contradiction a sign of truth."
— Blaise Pascal

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2006 :  6:29:00 PM  Show Profile
Kathy of the Enchanted Woods! I received my wee package today and it is wonderful! The teacup with a vine pattern - one of the "which tree are you" quizzes says I'm an ivy - how fun! And the teas will be great in that cup. The little book makes we want to plan a tea party, and the scented wax is heavenly - thanks so much!
(And Tasha-Rose, dinna fash, just look at it that you're extending the enjoyment of the game! I wouldn't want you to stress over a teacup - you're supposed to relax over tea! Hugs to you and hope your trauma resolves soon!) Thanks again, Kathy, for starting this game! Judy

The Rooster crows, but the Hen lays the egg. ~ Texas Proverb
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2006 :  9:13:49 PM  Show Profile
No Problem, Tasha-Rose. Thanks for letting us know.

Come visit my Etsy store at www.chezPatricia.etsy.com
Farmgirls do it organically!
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2006 :  08:08:56 AM  Show Profile
OK, here's the next question. From what poem are the following lines taken:

So was I once myself a swinger of birches;
And so I dream of going back to be.
It's when I'm weary of considerations,
And life is too much like a pathless wood . . .
I'd like to get away from earth awhile
And then come back to it and begin over. . . . .

Name and author of poem, please! I just love this poem, and have returned to it again and again over the years; the meaning deepens with the passing years.

Edited by - katie-ell on Jul 17 2006 2:01:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2006 :  08:43:12 AM  Show Profile
I knew the author immediately but it took me a minute with the title....but I won't tell, because I still have two cups to send out and I can't do it today because I have come down with a UTI....ugh.

"I would not interfere with any creed of yours or want to appear that I have all the cures. There is so much to know...so many things are true. The way my feet must go may not be best for you. And so I give this spark of what is light to me, to guide you through the dark, but not tell you
what you must see."
-Author Unknown

"Contradiction is not a sign of falsity, nor the lack of contradiction a sign of truth."
— Blaise Pascal

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2006 :  1:39:54 PM  Show Profile
Talitha and Teddie,
Your teacups will be on their way tomorrow!
~Tina Michelle

Go to Top of Page

theoanne
True Blue Farmgirl

282 Posts

teddie
CARROLLTON GA
282 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2006 :  6:37:41 PM  Show Profile
Tina and Kathy,
I'm working on boxing your items tomorrow. I need to get packing material. I'll try to get them off before the end of the week. I've enjoyed both of your emails and getting to know you better.

Teddie
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2006 :  8:40:04 PM  Show Profile
I have too Teddie. I've so much enjoyed getting either email or real snail mail through this website. I am so glad that I joined in here.

Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2006 :  10:48:28 AM  Show Profile
OK, I posted a new quotation yesterday . . . tomorrow I'll add a hint. Watch this space!
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  08:34:21 AM  Show Profile
Here are lines from another poem by the same author. Just ID the poet and this poem, and we'll do a teacup exchange!

The woods are lovely, dark and deep
But I have promises to keep
And miles to go before I sleep
And miles to go before I sleep.

This one is easy!
Go to Top of Page

jo Thompson
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jo
the mountainside of the Chugach in Alaska
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  09:19:57 AM  Show Profile
I have an amazing teacup quilt pattern if anyone is interested. I made all the teacups from different patterns, can post a pic on my homepage if anyone is interrested. Very easy!

labfun in alaska
http://homepage.mac.com/thomja/Anchorage/PhotoAlbum14.html
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  10:16:26 AM  Show Profile
oooh, I think I know the author now, but can't remember the name of the poem!

Jo
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  11:30:18 AM  Show Profile
I know who it is, Katie, but I've already won. Hint, it's someone from my home area of New England.

Come visit my Etsy store at www.chezPatricia.etsy.com
Farmgirls do it organically!
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  12:04:34 PM  Show Profile
Jo . . . the word 'Woods' is in the title! (Think think think)
Go to Top of Page

theoanne
True Blue Farmgirl

282 Posts

teddie
CARROLLTON GA
282 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2006 :  6:27:55 PM  Show Profile
Tina,
Recieved your package today. It was like Christmas. I just kept opening things. The tea cup is a very different and interesting shape. How did you know mint tea is my favorite? The extra little goodies were great. I especially liked the chicken potholder.And your flower photo that you took and matted was beautiful. Yours and Kate's 'goodies' went out today.

Jo Thompson...I'd love to see a picture of your tea Quilt. You said the magic words...EASY
I am a beginner @ quilting. Please post it.

Katie..I know your poem and poet. I almost used this very one for my question, but thought it too easy. I guess it was not as easy as I thought.

This is fun.......Teddie
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2006 :  8:39:50 PM  Show Profile
Great, glad you got it all o.k. ! had no idea mint was your fave. but figured most folks like it:0)glad you like the porholder too, I thought it was darling.this has been lots of fun!Can't wait til your's gets here.

Go to Top of Page

jo Thompson
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jo
the mountainside of the Chugach in Alaska
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2006 :  9:23:05 PM  Show Profile
Teddie, follow this link to a photograph, I could fax/mail a template to you. It's just appliqued on with a blanket stitch. Very cute quilt, I just finished one for my mother in law's 80th birthday. I'm taking it down to Oregon for a beach trip in August and it turned out just incredible. It is from Kaffe Fasset Quilt Road and really isn't very hard, even for a beginnining quilter. The fun thing is that you can choose any fabric for the cups, all different and the background is two pieces of different solid colors so you can use all your scraps if you like....

jo

I found this site with a photo of it, if I have the time tomorrow I'll copy a photo and send you.
http://knitonlybutalso.typepad.com/my_weblog/2006/06/tea_cups.html

labfun in alaska
http://homepage.mac.com/thomja/Anchorage/PhotoAlbum14.html
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2006 :  06:41:40 AM  Show Profile
Don't overlook the most recent quotation, posted above -- still 'in play' -- ID the poet & poem and join the happy teacup exchangers! KL
Go to Top of Page

theoanne
True Blue Farmgirl

282 Posts

teddie
CARROLLTON GA
282 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2006 :  1:49:50 PM  Show Profile
Jo,
I'd like a template. What would be easier for you fax or mail? I don't have a fax but my sons do. Let me know. This looks easy enough.
Thanks, teddie
Go to Top of Page

EnchantedWoodsGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

959 Posts

Kathy
New Jersey
USA
959 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2006 :  03:00:01 AM  Show Profile
This would be from Robert Frost - Woods on a Snowy Evening

Kathy of the Enchanted Wood - this is one of my very favorite poems!

Kathy of the Enchanted Wood
http://enchantedwoodmusings.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Yogifarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Jenn
Swiftwater PA
USA
297 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2006 :  05:44:02 AM  Show Profile  Send Yogifarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Hi Ladies

I have been away for awhile but just logged on and saw your tea cup exchange. I would love to participate if possible. I love collecting teacups at estate sales. It is also my daughters 4th birthday on Sept 8th and she wants a tea party but has asked for real teacups not "baby" plastic ones. Would love to have her and her 4 friends use the big girl ones, would be even better if they came from some "real" farmgirls out there. Each one would have a story.

Hugs to all!
J

"Breathe in the Sunshine"
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2006 :  07:23:01 AM  Show Profile
Jenn, I have a pair of small teacups that might be perfect for your daughter's tea party. The saucers are 4 1/2 inches in diameter and the cup is 2 inches high, 2 1/2 inches across. Very pretty with rosy pink flowers and green leaf design.

I'll scan a photo and send it to your email through MJF. I'd be willing to trade the pair for one regular cup from your collection. I am partial to patterns with roses, but I have an eclectic teacup assortment so you can also surprise me!

I love the idea that she is going to have a real tea party. Will you do little crustless sandwiches and maybe some mini cupcakes or quiches? A lovely idea!

Jo

P.S. I recently put several sets of placemats and cloth napkins up for barter - you can check my separate post last month about placemats and napkins) if you want to really dress the table up.

P.P.S. You might also do a separate post under this FarmGirl Barter forum, asking FarmGirls to exchange teacups with you. You could start your daughter on her own collection!

Edited by - Hideaway Farmgirl on Jul 23 2006 07:33:23 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Teacup & Saucer Exchange Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page