Page: of 12

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2006 :  04:56:10 AM  Show Profile
Cat -- The name of the Sherlock Holmes society in Toronto is 'Bootmakers of Toronto', from an allusion in The Hound of the Baskervilles. Right??? (I must confess: I did a Google search!)

Edited by - katie-ell on Jul 03 2006 2:22:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

EnchantedWoodsGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

959 Posts

Kathy
New Jersey
USA
959 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2006 :  6:13:56 PM  Show Profile
I am so glad that everyone has been patient - I have a lot going on in my life right now and I know I owe Judy her present and I hope she is not mad at me - You girls are all doing so wonderful and I miss reading each and every post.
I will be back shortly to post some bonus questions and I will be parting with some of my special items so keep watching gals!
Blessed Be!

Kathy of the Enchanted Wood
http://enchantedwoodmusings.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

CityCat
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Catherine
Toronto Ontario
Canada
198 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2006 :  7:29:39 PM  Show Profile
And the winner of the revised question is... Buttercup! Well, for someone who claims to not be a Sherlock Holmes fan, you at least knew this one!

And katie-ell, you have correctly answered the bonus question! Now, your gift may or may not be tea related, but it will be special!

I guess if I ever need to stump you all with a question, I'll just have to dig into my Sherlock Holmes trivia. Or possibly Star Trek D69(guilty pleasure).

I'll contact both you ladies in a bit. I'm still trying to get my life organized right now, but it's just not happening. That and I'm trying to get two assignments done for college courses I'm taking, fighting to get an internet connection to my computer so I can submit said assignments, and dealing with a leaky tank. So far, only the leaky tank has been dealt with. I'm currently at my parents' place while everything gets dealt with (they have internet, yay!)

So please bear with me a little bit longer! And thanks for FINALLY answering my questions! -Cat
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2006 :  4:59:19 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Yeaaaaa!!!! This is FUN! Ok Cat I will be waiting for your e-mail, and thank you!

Ok for my question;

In Tuesdays With Morrie what did Morrie have to say about culture?

"...if the culture doesn't work,...."

Hope it isn't too hard!
Can't wait to see who gets it! Good luck!!

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

theoanne
True Blue Farmgirl

282 Posts

teddie
CARROLLTON GA
282 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2006 :  6:11:11 PM  Show Profile
Count me is for the teacup swap too.
This reminds me of 20 yrs ago when my very best friend and I lived 800 miles apart. Me in OH and her in GA. Only snail mail to communicate by as we were to broke to call long distance back then. We would pick a time and brew our tea and pretend we were together sharing. Sometimes we wrote a special note to read during tea time. My how times have changed. Now we both live in GA about an hr from each other and it's a local call. We've been "best buds" for more than 40 yrs. Now our goal is to visit each other once a month. Sometimes it's a sleepover or sometimes we meet "half way" to go shopping. We have visited several Tea houses and shops and being yankees we prefer our Tea Hot.
Thanks for helping me remember when my friend Cathy and I shared this time.

Let me know who and when to mail the cup to. Teddie
Go to Top of Page

theoanne
True Blue Farmgirl

282 Posts

teddie
CARROLLTON GA
282 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2006 :  6:47:08 PM  Show Profile
Well I just realized there were 12 pages to this thread...duh! Now that I have caught up to pg 12 I hope to play too. You folks are pretty smart though not sure how I'll do, but It's fun to watch too

Teddie
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2006 :  6:52:03 PM  Show Profile
well I know the culture around here doesn't work very well..we have often told each other in our family that if there is no culture..we have to create our own. I figure that's about the same that Morrie had to say about it.Am I right?

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2006 :  7:15:36 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Yea for Tina! (wheww am glad it wasn't too hard!! )

To quote him exactly he said "...if the culture doesn't work, don't buy it. Create your own."

Congrats to Tina!! Tina, please e-mail me your info and I will do the same! This is fun!

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2006 :  04:52:08 AM  Show Profile
Nice story, Teddie! Those of us who are "of a certain age" remember snail mail and long distance phone charges. When I moved away from my friend in Michigan, we used to call each other once in a while, using the operator to place the call person-to-person asking for "Fonda" who did not exist, so the person answering the call always said "She's not here" . That way we knew we were thinking of each other. I like the fact that you and your friend now live near each other. Aren't lifelong friends just the best?

Jo
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2006 :  09:45:18 AM  Show Profile
wow, am suprised I actually won something! thanks!

o.k. for the next question:

In what story can the character Boo Radley be found?

Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2006 :  1:38:00 PM  Show Profile
OK, Cat -- happy I got the right answer on the bonus. Will look for your email. And I'll send you a little something in return. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

theoanne
True Blue Farmgirl

282 Posts

teddie
CARROLLTON GA
282 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2006 :  1:47:30 PM  Show Profile
Tina, Wouldn't that be To Kill a Mocking Bird ?? My we are getting lieterary aren't we?

Jo, Cathy and I grew up together in OH. Best friends since 6th grade. We.ve been through puberty, boyfriends, marriage, 7 kids between us, death of a spouse(hers), divorce,(mine) dating again and marriage again(both)and now menopause. She is a grandma and I am only a step grandma but that's one we still get to do. Best Buds forever and still drinking tea.
If you are lucky enough to have a friend like this then you are blessed.

Teddie
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2006 :  3:20:51 PM  Show Profile
theoanne, you are correct!

Go to Top of Page

CityCat
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Catherine
Toronto Ontario
Canada
198 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2006 :  8:08:46 PM  Show Profile
katie-ell: could you possibly e-mail me? For some reason, the current computer I have internet access from won't let me click in to see your profile and e-mail you! It's just the way this computer is set up, and I can't figure out how to change it! Sorry about the delay in contacting you!
-Cat
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2006 :  9:36:23 PM  Show Profile
theoanne please email me your address so I can get your teacup out to you the first of next week.

Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2006 :  10:42:52 AM  Show Profile
if I understand correctly theoanne is supposed to ask the next question??... also theoanne could you please email me your address?? I hope I'm doing this all right.??

Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2006 :  04:47:55 AM  Show Profile
Cat-- I emailed you -- check your 'junk' file if you don't get it right away . . . I have a free hotmail address and sometimes a computer's filter will deem that as junk. I know you're in the middle of a move, so I'll be patient for your reply; just wanted to give you a heads-up about my email address.
Go to Top of Page

theoanne
True Blue Farmgirl

282 Posts

teddie
CARROLLTON GA
282 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2006 :  05:44:54 AM  Show Profile
Tina,
will do on the email. Sorry but have not been online in aday or so. I'm working on a question. So I will post it soon.

Teddie
Go to Top of Page

theoanne
True Blue Farmgirl

282 Posts

teddie
CARROLLTON GA
282 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2006 :  07:52:19 AM  Show Profile
Here's the next question:

In what mystery book series is the main character described as a tall, well built middle-age man with a luxuriant salt and pepper moustache. He describes himself as a semi-retired journalist and former crime reporter. He lives 400 miles north of everywhere in a converted apple barn and is the protector and slave to 2 spoiled siamese cats.

I love mysteries! Teddie
Go to Top of Page

theoanne
True Blue Farmgirl

282 Posts

teddie
CARROLLTON GA
282 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2006 :  5:32:36 PM  Show Profile
okay girls, have you been busy or do I need to give you more clues?
No one is talking, Where are you guys?
Teddie
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2006 :  6:42:35 PM  Show Profile
I'm stumped totally by the question..haven't the slightest clue, but I do know this..he sounds like an interesting character...but I haven't a clue as to whom it might be.

Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2006 :  6:48:55 PM  Show Profile
I know, I know! I cnanot play because I have already won for an earlier question. I love this series of books. Hint...any cat lovers out there?

Jo
Go to Top of Page

CityCat
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Catherine
Toronto Ontario
Canada
198 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2006 :  7:41:22 PM  Show Profile
I too loved this series. Ah, Koko and Yum-Yum! (oh! Did I give too much away?)
-Cat
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2006 :  08:10:22 AM  Show Profile
C'mon, Farmgirls! Do we have to spell it out for you further? Anyone interested in the unusual houses (converting barns and outbuildings) will love this series, too. And mysteries! And...anonymous goodworks and small-town living!

Jo
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2006 :  08:28:49 AM  Show Profile
I have this one -- and I think I'm eligible to answer because I answered a bonus question from Cat that does not involve teacup exchange (right, Cat?). The series is by Lilian Jackson Braun, and each title begins The Cat Who . . . The books star those famous felines Koko and YumYum and their person James Qwilleran.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Teacup & Saucer Exchange Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page