Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2006 :  10:49:44 AM  Show Profile
Yes, I found the card; it was so sweet! (Everyone, there was a quote from Anne of GG handwritten inside). Loved the yellow packing tape on the outside, too!

Jo
Go to Top of Page

_Rebecca_
True Blue Farmgirl

568 Posts

Rebecca
OK
USA
568 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2006 :  10:52:56 AM  Show Profile
Yes, I asked the Post Office employee if it was okay to mail my funky looking box there and she didn't even crack a smile. No sense of humor whatsoever!

.·:*¨¨* :·.Rebecca.·:*¨¨* :·.
Wife of Jonathan, Mother of Joel, Caitlyn, Elia
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2006 :  11:03:16 AM  Show Profile
So it is my turn to send a cup and saucer to you now that I have your address.

I am going to go through my collection this weekend and see what looks right for you. I will have to think up something special; perhaps I should wrap your cup and saucer in some cloth diapers??? LOL. I am a card-carrying packing tape fiend, so I hope you have a big pair of scissors. Have a great day.

Jo
Go to Top of Page

_Rebecca_
True Blue Farmgirl

568 Posts

Rebecca
OK
USA
568 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2006 :  1:36:41 PM  Show Profile
Oh yeah, I forgot to give you my address! I'm really fuzzy-headed these days.

.·:*¨¨* :·.Rebecca.·:*¨¨* :·.
Wife of Jonathan, Mother of Joel, Caitlyn, Elia
Go to Top of Page

CityCat
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Catherine
Toronto Ontario
Canada
198 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2006 :  7:35:34 PM  Show Profile
Yay! I won! Yay!

Okay, here's the deal though. I'm currently packing EVERYTHING up for a move. I'm doing it in two stages, so for the next few weeks, everything is CRAZY! So, I'm going to have to postpone sending things for a bit. I hope that's okay! Give me to after Canada Day!

I've been thinking of the question I was going to ask for a while now!
I'm a HUGE Sherlock Holmes fan so...

Who introduced Dr. Watson to Mr. Sherlock Holmes?

There is a side bonus question: What is the name of the Sherlock Holmes society based in Toronto and to what do they attribute their name?

Now, I suppose the same person can answer these questions, but I think it would be more fun if different people answered.

-Cat
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2006 :  6:57:08 PM  Show Profile
Oh JUDY!!!! Thank you so very much. Your note is so sweet and made me cry, as my Grandma is also a victimof cancer....I will cherish this cup and saucer! I also love all the other sweet little goodies you sent! I love stevia and the card of the Lady..,..sooobeautiful. It went straight onto my kitchen altar! YOu should get yours this week!!!
Thank you so very much!!!!!!!

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
Go to Top of Page

sugarsfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Leah
Woodward Iowa
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2006 :  8:15:07 PM  Show Profile  Send sugarsfarm an AOL message
I got my package Sue!!! The teacup and saucer are beautiful!! I cant wait to have a nice cup of hot tea!! Thank you!

You must be the change you want to see in the world.
Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2006 :  12:32:37 PM  Show Profile
Tasha-Rose, I'm glad the package made it to you and that you enjoyed it. I met Julia Hayes on Sunday and she reminded me so much of Terry, it was uncanny - not just in looks, but in spirit too! I'll be watching the mail! Thanks, Judy

The Rooster crows, but the Hen lays the egg. ~ Texas Proverb
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2006 :  12:40:10 PM  Show Profile
Your welcome Leah, we were on the same wave length I think, sending pink flowers! Glad you liked it, it was fun!

www.sageflowerfarm.blogspot.com

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page

CityCat
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Catherine
Toronto Ontario
Canada
198 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2006 :  5:44:36 PM  Show Profile
Oh no! I didn't mean to kill this thread! I just can't send or receive packages for the next little bit! Please answer my questions and keep the swap going! I feel so bad!
-Cat
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2006 :  6:36:03 PM  Show Profile
Cat, I have your teacup all ready to go. When you can get packages, let me know your address.

Patricia

Come visit my Etsy store at www.chezPatricia.etsy.com
Farmgirls do it organically!
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2006 :  7:16:15 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Is it too late for me to join in?? I would love to exchange tea cups! If it isn't too late can someone explain to me exactly how to "play"...thanks!

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2006 :  8:54:51 PM  Show Profile
Ladies I owe cups to....packages were ready to go and sent with hubby and he put them in the back seat and didn't mail them. I will get them out tomorrow though, I promise! Sorry fo rthe delay....

"I would not interfere with any creed of yours or want to appear that I have all the cures. There is so much to know...so many things are true. The way my feet must go may not be best for you. And so I give this spark of what is light to me, to guide you through the dark, but not tell you
what you must see."
-Author Unknown

"Contradiction is not a sign of falsity, nor the lack of contradiction a sign of truth."
— Blaise Pascal

Tasha-Rose
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2006 :  01:52:06 AM  Show Profile
Okay, I'll jump in here....Buttercup, yes you can "play." Our teacup mother (enchanted woods)is temporarily indisposed, please everyone, say an extra loving prayer for her.

I see that City Cat has to bow our for a little while and I think she posted the last quiz question. Which looks like she stumped all of us. Has anyone answered her Sherlock Holmes questions? Please let me know.

How to play: Buttercup and anyone else who wants to play: The person who is "it" posts a question from literature. The person who answers the quiz question is her tea cup exchange partner AND then posts the next quiz question and gets another teacup exchange partner. It is then passed on....correct me if I am wrong farmgirls.....you should send and receive two teacups as a result of posing a question and passing a question.

Does that sound correct?

Since CityCat has had to bow out after posting a question, I'll backtrack through the postings and see where we are in the exchange. I have to work today, so I can't do it until Thursday evening or Friday morning.

Give me a bit to sort it out.
Aunt George
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2006 :  07:02:02 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for keeping us going, Aunt George! Have to admit I am stumped on the Sherlock Holmes questions, but have won previously so am cheering from the sidelines.

Jo
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2006 :  10:57:41 AM  Show Profile
I've been trying to play, but some of you gals are too quick for me!! I'll keep trying.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2006 :  1:34:15 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Patricia for the HUGE and beautiful cup and saucer! They are both amazing! I can't wait to make a pot of one of the teas!

HEading to post today....if you saw my previous post, you know why ;)

"I would not interfere with any creed of yours or want to appear that I have all the cures. There is so much to know...so many things are true. The way my feet must go may not be best for you. And so I give this spark of what is light to me, to guide you through the dark, but not tell you
what you must see."
-Author Unknown

"Contradiction is not a sign of falsity, nor the lack of contradiction a sign of truth."
— Blaise Pascal

Tasha-Rose
Go to Top of Page

CityCat
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Catherine
Toronto Ontario
Canada
198 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2006 :  9:42:38 PM  Show Profile
I feel so bad! I can't believe I've stumped you girls! If anyone has a copy of "A Study in Scarlet", the man who introduces Watson to Holmes appears within the first few pages!

Okay, if no one can answer that one, I'll post a new question in a day or two.

No takers on the bonus question then? -Cat
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2006 :  11:36:05 PM  Show Profile
Hey Cat! Glad you were able to post an update above! You are a clever girl. I couldn't find answers to either of your questions and I have been searching everywhere, but obviously not in the right places!!

I found it! Thanks for the hint...
"Dr. Watson, Mr. Sherlock Holmes," said Stamford, introducing us.

As for the bonus question: I'm still stumped!! but here is a stab at it: is it the: Sound of the Baskervilles

auntgeorge
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2006 :  05:23:24 AM  Show Profile
Here is a message from our teacup mama Enchanted Woods Girl. She is a bit under the weather right now:

"expect me back on the forum, I love all the girls so much, please tell them that for me
*very big hug*"

Aunt George
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2006 :  07:01:03 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Thank you so much Aunt George!! I will keep my eyes open for the next question.
Thanks Again!!

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

CityCat
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Catherine
Toronto Ontario
Canada
198 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2006 :  10:00:03 AM  Show Profile
And the winner is.... Aunt George! Well done! I was pretty sure if I gave the name of the first book, someone would find the answer! (And Stamford, having served his purpose never again appears in the Sherlock Holmes stories.) I'll contact you by e-mail, Aunt George, and we can arrange stuff.

"Sound of the Baskervilles" is awesome, but unfortunately wrong. You are, however, on the right track as the Toronto Sherlock Holmes society did take its name from that novel.

I'm a bit sad to find out that there aren't any Sherlock Holmes fans among you gals! My Dad got me hooked when I was all of 7yrs old. BBC series with Jeremy Brett. He is, by the way, hands down the BEST Sherlock Holmes. By the 3rd grade I was already reading the Victorian prose of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (none of that watered down for kids versions) and I guess it really started my love of fiction.

So, the move currently happening. My sister and my Dad are appearing in a short time to help me complete the move. Wish me luck!

-Cat
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2006 :  11:01:54 PM  Show Profile
Hi Cat and farmgirls,
I have already won once, so Cat if you would like to post another question and let the farmgirls try again, I don't mind. Are you settled into your new place yet?

Georgann
Go to Top of Page

CityCat
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Catherine
Toronto Ontario
Canada
198 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  8:48:35 PM  Show Profile
Aunt George: No, I haven't settled into my new place yet. Things have gotten complicated. I'm house sitting for a friend while she runs a Girl Guide camp in Ottawa for the summer. She has 3 fish tanks going and a lot of plants to take care of. Well, just before she left, the tank holding 2 frogs decided to start leaking. She was able to drain the tank and put the frogs into a "holding" bucket, but she left it for me to deal with cuz she needed to leave. So, I did the move (it took 2 days!) and it was only tonight I was able to get over the apartment to see what was up. Well, the tank was leaking because the stand it was on cracked the glass. My Uncle has a tank I can borrow, but I can't get that until tomorrow so the frogs will have to spend 3 days in their bucket as I also have to work tomorrow, take my sister to the airport in the evening, and get to my Uncle's place to borrow his fish tank. Then I have to get that tank set up, get the water cycling a bit before I put the frogs in. So, until this gets sorted out, my cat and I are staying at my parents' place. Craziness!

OKAY. After all that, here is my next question:

Who is the only WOMAN to have outwitted Mr. Sherlock Holmes?
The bonus question is also still up for grabs!

-Cat
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  8:53:53 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Cat, I am not a fan of Sherlock Holmes but I think I know this one...is it Irene Adler? Let me know..I could be way off here!!! But thought I would try!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Teacup & Saucer Exchange Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page