Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 July Farmgirl of the Month-Giveaway! WINNER!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic July Farmgirl of the Month-Giveaway! WINNER! Next Topic
Page: of 3

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2010 :  06:04:24 AM  Show Profile
I have been so blessed this month. I had a wonderful birthday, I was nominated as July's Farmgirl of the Month by my sweet little farmgirl sister-Channah (Maggie14), I found a vintage camper to fix up, I found a vintage Schwinn Bicycle in great shape, my DH and I are looking at some land on Saturday (maybe our future farm),and I have received 3 orders for my raffia sunhats! Wow...and the month is only half over! I decided that I would have a giveaway to celebrate with my Farmgirl Sisters. It will be a surprise, but here's a hint-a new cotton sunhat design! All you need to do is reply to this post with a little note about something great that has happened to you in July. Sign ups until July 31st.

Oh my, I almost forgot the best thing...my DD is coming home on July 21st for a week and bringing her 4 rescue dogs (my granddoggies). I have not seen her since last November!!!!!

I put everyone's name in a hat and....

The winner is...Kristin Sherrill! I will be contacting you Kristin!

Age only matters if you are wine or cheese.
http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Edited by - Fiddlehead Farm on Jul 31 2010 4:39:36 PM

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2010 :  06:38:24 AM  Show Profile
...well, something great will happen soon in this month! My baby will be turning 23 on the 29th. I look back and revisited her youth to now. I am so proud of her of what she is doing with her life. I am even more proud of the lady that she has become! My sweet Robyn ... my eyes water with joy.

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus
...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2010 :  06:43:31 AM  Show Profile
Diane, Ok I will tell you something great that happened in July if you will email me your snail mail addy. lol I would love to be included in your giveaway! So for the first time ever and I'm 39 I spent the 4th of July holiday with my sister and her 2 wonderful boys, and on top of that July 6 was mine and hubbys 8th wedding anniversary so it has been a great July so far! Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10

Farmgirl sister #1156
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2010 :  06:55:49 AM  Show Profile
Diane, you are so sweet! What a wonderful month you are having :) I will be praying for the property to be just what you are looking for :)

There is always so much joy to find whether simple or not. Let's see for July, my husband's work has really taken off, we finished our ladies Bible study and have gained much from it, Roses are blooming! My girl (pup) Tirzah has been exceedingly happy and lovey :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2010 :  06:57:36 AM  Show Profile
Diane, I got your addy, checked here before I checked my email. lol Thank you!

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10

Farmgirl sister #1156
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2010 :  07:14:45 AM  Show Profile
Diane, what a good month you are having. Mine has been good too. Really have nothing to complain about. I took my heifer up the road to be bred and she is pragnant as far as we can tell. That's one good thing. Also we seem to always have what we need. We may not have alot by most people's standards, but we have what we need. We are healthy. My family is healthy. My animals are healthy. My daughter made it through her surgery and had great news! I am blessed for sure.

I am so glad your daughter's coming for a visit. And all those dogs! I hope ya'll have a great time together.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2010 :  08:16:55 AM  Show Profile
WOW!! It is awesome that your month is going so beautifully!! :)
Let's see, I have to say my BIGGEST wonderful thing that happened was that we PASSED INSPECTION on our house and have been MOVING IN all week! Tomorrow is our FINAL move in day!
After waiting since my son was 5 months old (he's 3 1/2 now) we now have a place to call a HOME OF OUR OWN!!! YAY!!!
What fun your daughter is coming, my grandmother is coming to visit ...ooh so that's another good thing that happened this month..hehe
hugs
Jessie

"Wonder Woman hasn't got a cape, she just turned her apron around"
Farmgirl Sister #235
Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2010 :  08:21:30 AM  Show Profile
Wow, Diane, what a great month you are having!! I'm SSOOO happy for you!! Thanks for sharing and thanks for doing this giveaway!! Hmmmmm....lots of good is happening this month. I got some projects completed that I had been procrastinating on, we're healthy, our beloved 3 inside rescue cats are healthy, I still have a job and my daughter had a great time at Church Camp!!! Many blessings!! Hugs and Smiles, Lin

"Our beautiful earth is worth saving"!!

Edited by - Lin on Jul 16 2010 08:23:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2010 :  08:31:08 AM  Show Profile
Diane, wow, what a month! We have had a few blessings this month as well. My Dad has finally been granted his settlement case to be able to have surgery on his leg. He lost half his leg by bein shot about 20 years ago and is havin so much trouble with it he needs surgery to be able to work. It's been 16 months of court and lawyers, but the judge finally called a halt to it and he's won. Yea! Our chicks are finally big enough to be out in the coop and out of my basement. Our garden is finally producing and we can eat more than beans and cornbread. Double Yea! I even have a surprise garden. My compost bin from last year, which I had totally forgot about with all the gardening and chick raisin has sprouted about 30-40 tomato plants that are settin on real good. I was worried about bein able to make sauce since my plants weren't puttin on very good, but God took care of it for me. Huge Yea! My Hubby got a job after bein on disability and unemployment for almost 2 years and his new boss said he loved his work and is giving him a raise next week, a whole 5 weeks earlier than he had said at first! Major Yea! Life has been pretty good to us lately.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

karla
True Blue Farmgirl

1308 Posts

karla
Pella Iowa
USA
1308 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2010 :  08:43:36 AM  Show Profile
July IS a great month! It is the month when my grandson was born last year! He is my little firecracker-I was watching 4th of July fireworks when my daughter called & said we are going to the hospital-meet me there. He was born on the morning of July 5th!

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

http://rua2j-grammysheirlooms.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2010 :  08:51:04 AM  Show Profile
Diane, thanks for the chance to win and also making me stop and think about the many good things that are happening. I celebrate my birthday this month and my DH has the same birthdate. (I never let him forget that he will always be 2 years older than me.) Our community fair is at the end of the month and since I was born that week some years ago - it has always been a special place for me. Food, fun, games, simple farm life contests to enter. I occasionally win/place in one of the home goods categories and my DH and children enter baked goods, photography and arts and crafts - it is so much fun and truly small-town living at it's best. Last year my son won Best of Show in the Youth Art division. All-in-all we are blessed and healthy, with plenty to eat, a roof over our heads and good friends. What more could we ask? Oh, and after a long dry spell we had some beautiful, blessed rain this week. SaWeet! Thanks again!

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on Jul 16 2010 08:53:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

LeeW
True Blue Farmgirl

61 Posts

Isleta
Raymore MO
USA
61 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2010 :  10:47:55 AM  Show Profile
Diane, Congratulations and continued best wishes on your Happy July! I would like to be included in your giveaway drawing. My Happy July, so far: my beautiful niece turned sweet 17...I went to an antique fair and won a doorprize...my dear college friend sent me an email today... Happy July to all FG sisters,

LeeW
FG# 1712

"Life is too important to be taken seriously." -Oscar Wilde
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2010 :  10:53:00 AM  Show Profile
Oh Diane, I'm so excited for you that you're going to get to see your daughter and that you are having such a time of blessing!!! I am having a blast with my momma. There is nothing better than mom/daughter time :) I hope you have a blast!

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2010 :  10:53:06 AM  Show Profile
Oh Diane, I am so glad you are having a great month. I became a farm sister the other day and that has been a blessing to me. I have been for a while but becoming a sister has been the extra blessing. I also celebrated 19 years of marriage to my prince of hubby on July 5. He loves me for me and I am blessed.

hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2010 :  12:24:36 PM  Show Profile
Well I too am having a great month, my brother is home visiting from Texas. I have not seen him for a year and it is good to see him. He will probably be moving back home (MN) next year!!
I found someone to trade ewes with me, same age, so I have new bloodlines so another goody for me. I am blessed with my family and my wonderful friends on Mary Janes Forum!
Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2010 :  3:21:53 PM  Show Profile
Diane, Congratulations! What a wonderful July you are having! So many blessings.
My DH and I are going on vacation next week. I am so excited,as we are going to our first EVER family reunion! On our way to Massachusetts, we will be stopping by to visit my wonderful farmgirl sister Staci - can't wait to meet her and give her a big farmgirl hug! Going to take some photo's, and maybe she can post them as I don't know how
We are getting lots of produce out of our tiny garden - peaches are wonderful from Mercier's, went blueberry picking, going again in a little while. Life is good!
My family is happy and healthy - can't ask for anything more!
Thank you for making me slow down long enough to see all the wonderful things in my life
Blessings, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2010 :  3:26:34 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like you are all having a great month! Sometimes, it is the simple things that are the greatest. Keep them coming!

Age only matters if you are wine or cheese.
http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922
Go to Top of Page

delicia
True Blue Farmgirl

917 Posts

delicia
cincinnati ohio
USA
917 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2010 :  5:07:09 PM  Show Profile
Diane, Congratulations to you and all of my Farm Sisters. It sounds like everyone is enjoying family, friends, nature and all of Gods many blessings. My month has been good as well and I feel happy and blessed to have so many friends on this web site. I can turn to them no matter what I am feeling and am lifted up by their gentle spirits and encouraging words.
delicia
Go to Top of Page

nana5
True Blue Farmgirl

312 Posts

Rebecca
Jackson MI
USA
312 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2010 :  5:52:43 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Dianne on a wonderful month! My son and his wife are having a baby this fall. They lost a little girl two years ago, but this month we found out that new baby does not have the same problem and he will be born healthy!
Rebecca

Everyday is a new beginning.
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2010 :  7:56:36 PM  Show Profile
Diane, I would love to participate! A really great thing that happened to me this month is that my uncle got married and I gained a really awesome aunt. I was able to see a lot of family that I haven't seen in a few years. That was probably the best day so far in July!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2010 :  8:14:28 PM  Show Profile
I think the best thing that happened to me this month, is I get kisses and hugs my my G/sons who live here also, every single day, sometimes, a whole bunch of times a day,lol. I am so happy that you are having awonderful month, and I wish that every month you have, will also be wonderful.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

arabianhorselover
True Blue Farmgirl

422 Posts

Jennifer
Bedias TX
USA
422 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2010 :  9:24:59 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Diane! Something good that happened to me is that after a long year of not riding my horses I took my first dressage lesson! I am so happy to be back taking my lessons and riding my horses. Enjoy you month!
Jennifer

Breeder of Straight Egyptian Arabians and SportHorses
www.whisperwindsarabians.com
Farmgirl Sister #561
Never squat with your spurs on!!!

www.throughjenslens.etsy.com
http://twitter.com/arabhorselover
www.hillbilliehoneys.blogspot.com
www.kountrybumpkinfarmgirl.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

stlogsdon
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Shelby
Clarksville TN
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2010 :  08:28:09 AM  Show Profile
What a great idea. :)

I'm relatively new to the forum but wanted to share some good news this month.

First - July started off horribly with my youngest daughter (2) diagnosed with a mass on her liver and a congenital liver condition. She had the mass removed on 7/9, is healing great and we received the news on 7/13 that it was benign!! We couldn't have asked for better news than that.

Second - I'll turn 36 in a few days.

Now July looks to end on a good note!

Thanks!
Shelby

My work in progress:
http://simplycrazylife.typepad.com/simplycrazylife/

Aspiring farmgirl stuck in the suburbs
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2010 :  09:00:39 AM  Show Profile
What a sweet idea! The great that happened was that since I came back from my vacation with my brother I feel SO much better. More relaxed, better within myself, not so sad anymore, not so lonely either. SO much better all over. That is because I have heard SO many things while with my brother that I decided to just start living in the NOW instead of mostly in the past. Thinking about my mother and my oldest brother made me feel so down. Now it is MY turn YAY!!

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

delicia
True Blue Farmgirl

917 Posts

delicia
cincinnati ohio
USA
917 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2010 :  09:01:30 AM  Show Profile
Shelby, I am so very happy for you, your daughter and your family. What a wonderful outcome.
delicia
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2010 :  2:36:13 PM  Show Profile
We had our 24th anniversary this month. My husband sent 12 long stemmed red roses to me at work. I called to thank him and he laughed and said I wanted to do 24, one for each year, until they told me the price. I laughed. Theres just as much love in 1 as 24
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic July Farmgirl of the Month-Giveaway! WINNER! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page