Leilaht
True Blue Farmgirl

155 Posts

Elizabeth
Highland MI
USA
155 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  5:31:40 PM  Show Profile
Well, there are more of me here than one! LOL Even my children think I'm nuts. They get the garden, but the goats and chickens I want, and the honeybees I will have next year are beyond them. My husband agrees with them about my obsession with fermenting foods. I don't just make sauerkraut.

My daughter is the worst. She just thinks it is weird that I sew, knit and crochet. (although she'll use those bags I make for her) She just doesn't get it. She wants everything brand new and EXPENSIVE. I'm happy with garage sales. My parents get it. They both grew up on farms,but I was a menopause baby, so they are too old to help now. I have one sister who sees things the same way, but she is 15 years older than me and 2 hours away. I am pretty much alone here. My best friend is wonderful, but she doesn't do anything but cook. She gets it, she just doesn't do it.

I'm glad I joined the sisterhood. Looking forward to the first meeting I get to attend of my local chapter.

Liz

Strength and honor are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.

Proverbs 31:25
Go to Top of Page

Chickies Mom
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Ava
Jay Maine
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2010 :  11:09:49 AM  Show Profile
Wished you were closer to Maine!
I can remember in my younger years, 2 Godly women in the town I lived in accussing me of causing men to lust because I split wood!! Later both of them were caught by their husbands with another man.
Some people can be so silly. I'm now in my 50's and Ive found there are finger pointers in all faiths. I've also found that the harder someone fingertpoints and says "for Shame*. The more likely that they are doing that they shouldn't, and try to hide it by pointing at someone else. It's not very nice but some people are like that.
It can be lonely at times. Stick to your priciples. And keep reaching out. It will take time but you'll find like minded friends.
Blee you

Every day I wake up is a good day
Go to Top of Page

Chickies Mom
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Ava
Jay Maine
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2010 :  11:12:26 AM  Show Profile
Ooops I ment Bless you

Every day I wake up is a good day
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Family Matters: Previous Topic Square peg in a round hole? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page