soleil
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Linda
Butternut WI
USA
68 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2010 :  10:12:12 AM  Show Profile
Hi Cathy from Littleton - The name of the book is "Easy Knitted Socks" by Jeanette Trotman. The ones I want to try are "Top-seam Socks"....maybe this winter and work on a Farmgirl badge!

Just have to mention that I my son and d-i-l live in Highlands Ranch. They are closing on their first home there in about a month. Hope to get that way this fall with some boxes I'm going to be thrilled to get out of our basement!!!! : )

Maybe there should be a two needle sock group!!!!

Sunshine for your day*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ * and blessings for your heart,
soleil

Even as we dream, we begin to succeed...even as we succeed, we begin to dream again.
Go to Top of Page

4forMe
True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

Dawn
Easton MD
166 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2010 :  10:35:50 AM  Show Profile
I knit socks on two sets of circular needles. I don't like DPN's...my work falls off the ends. I have tried the magic loop method and it works great. I haven't tried the two socks at a time method yet, although it interests me.

I have gotten so I knit everything on circs. I love just sliding my work to the center and letting it hang on there. I lose less stitches this way.

Isn't it funny how personal knitting can be? Everyone has their own preferences.

Sewing, knitting, gardening mom of 5.
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2010 :  12:09:13 PM  Show Profile
The book I used for knitting two socks at the same time on two circular needles is Knitting Circles Around Socks. You can find it on Amazon. She has a second book out now too. The directions were pretty easy to follow and there are great pictures. My biggest problem with the technique is it's really easy to get the yarn tangled and I can do that pretty well on my own.

"Let us never forget that the cultivation of the earth is the most important labor of man. When tillage begins, other art follows. The farmers, therefore, are the founders of civilization."

Daniel Webster

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic knitting socks Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page