CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - May 19 2006 :  06:24:46 AM  Show Profile
have you ever noticed that in our lives .. sometimes our 'styles' SEEM to be contradictory? maybe our homes are very country .. but we tend to decorate them quite victorian .. or maybe our personalities are shy .. but we tend to dress 'unique' .. etc. etc.

below is a list (and feel free to add to it) .. think about your life and lifestyles .. and see how interchangeable OR unchangeable we seem to be. i'll put "my" answers in the blocks below .. let's hear yours .. and remember .. add to the list if you wish.

HOME: Rustic .. Civil War era Log Cabins
DECORATING: Primitive (mostly) .. have two 'prissy rooms' .. guest bathroom and laundry room .. but want to convert those to 'primitive too! just have so many wonderful, wonderful girly-girl stuff from our former home in annapolis, maryland.
LIVING: "easy" lay-back .. informal .. adventurous .. fun
PERSONALITY: fun and funky
CLOTHING: same-o .. fun and funky .. long skirts .. leg warmers
with open toe sandals and/or BOOTS in the wintertime .. flowy skirts in the summertime topped with colorful scarves around my waist .. somewhat 'gypsy' lookin' .. also love shorts with leg warmers and sandals in the summertime .. topped with a funky shirt and jackets
GARDEN: wild
ATTITUDE: happy .. positive
IN A MAN: WILD AND WONDERFUL ... fun .. adventurous .. LOVING

xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - May 19 2006 :  07:29:57 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Ok Frannie- First let me just say that the gypsy look is very "in" right now. So you rock girl!

Home- Country
Decorating- country , redid "junk" finds and tons of kid pictures, awards and trophy's
Living- BUSY, sports kids and family
Personality- always try to make life full of sunshine! Even when it pours.
Clothing- Whatever fits =-]
Garden- Herbs and wildflowers and now Frannie Sunflowers.
Attitude- Smile no matter what- you'll brighten someones day. Always say please and thank you!
In A Man- Strong, loving, supportive, unconditional.

Frannie- I've missed these great questions! XOXO

blessings
beth

Dreaming of Friday Night Lights
Go to Top of Page

ThymeForEweFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

705 Posts

Robin
An organic farm in the forest in Maine
USA
705 Posts

Posted - May 19 2006 :  08:52:00 AM  Show Profile
I'm a farmer by profession but decorate my house in lodge style. I have antique cross country skis, an antique snowshoe, photos of moose and other wildlife, and other outdoorsy things on my walls. I have a basket full of beaver sticks.
Living - natural: natural foods, natural decorating, very earth based.
Personality - playful and fun loving, ambitious.
Clothing - jeans, tanktops, tees or sleeveless turtlenecks, barefeet
Garden - an acre of it. Mostly vegetables, some flowers.
Attitude - strong women rock!
In a man - Bless his heart. He's patient with my whims, stands by me no matter what I come up with next. Tall, dark and handsome too. I'm a lucky girl.

Robin
www.thymeforewe.com
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - May 19 2006 :  08:52:39 AM  Show Profile
beth .. i adore all your answers! i love how women open up and share their hopes and dreams and ideas and creativity .. and yes, even sadnesses with each other. I really didn't have close 'women friends' until i reached my 40's ... like you .. my life was filled with kids/family and WORK .. i did always make time for ME , my creativity ... and Honey Hunk .. and adventures .. but it was mostly a little later that i made space in my heart and my life for women-friends .. and oh what a treasure! i might even appreciate women and enjoy them even more now .. because i had such a fulfilled life before. When that 'nest' started emptying out of chilluns .. i filled it with gurlfrenz. so very happy to have you in my 'nest' with me! xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - May 19 2006 :  08:55:27 AM  Show Profile
robin .. you are a true 'nawtherner' gurlfren! i have a dear, dear friend from Rumford, Maine and i almost feel like i spent part of my childhood there just listening to all the wonderful stories she has to tell of that strong state! love your collecting style and everything about you! xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

Horseyrider
True Blue Farmgirl

1045 Posts

Mary Ann
Illinois
1045 Posts

Posted - May 19 2006 :  11:03:41 AM  Show Profile
Okay, I'll play!

HOME: 1870's farm house
DECORATING: Antiques everywhere; a few primitives, but a lot of dressy stuff, especially in the livingroom and diningroom. And HORSES EVERYWHERE! (Is using George Stubbs horse prints called Early American Equine? )
LIVING: I try to relax but I rarely have time to do everything I want to do! I need a clone!
PERSONALITY: Positive, optimistic, self-determined, motivated.
CLOTHING: Jeans and polos, or jeans and turtlenecks, or breeches, and always always ALWAYS Ariats! You never know when you might need to climb on a horse!
GARDEN: Practical, veggies and a few flowers. I'm trying to get more frivolous, but it's hard.
ATTITUDE: See above.
IN A MAN: Intelligence, respect, consideration, loving.

That was fun, Frannie! Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - May 19 2006 :  11:55:49 AM  Show Profile
HOME= Two story cape, 1940'S,Large fenced in yard, lots of huge old maple trees and flowers.
DECORATING= Surround myself with things from the past mixed with new, guess you would call it country Victorian log cabin.
LIVING= Very fussy house keeper, but I love keeping house, had three play houses growing up, and I don't mean the little ones you sit on the floor and play with. Sew some, knit and crochet, cook, not great but I do it,in other words, nothing fancy, just plain cooking. Read a whole lot, and buy to many clothes.
PERSONALITY= Happy 97% of the time, being joyful is so much more fun, whenever possible.
CLOTHING= Jeans, puff sleeve blouses, long skirts, fancy belts, are my favorites.
GARDEN= Don't really have one, just plant a lot if flowers, in pots and other containers.
ATTITUDE= Happy.
IN A MAN= The one got
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - May 19 2006 :  12:34:53 PM  Show Profile
Wow, I have to jump in! What an overview.
HOME Two story cape built by Sweetie (and still in progress after 29 years) currently working on a sewing loft where he once laid out boat plans above his workshop. Parts are tradional (early style, still Sweetie's style) and some primitive (whew, I finally made up my mind).
FURNITURE Very beat up hand me downs OR built by Sweetie, traditional or primitive. I've gotten him doing the milk paint, but he still wants to use walnut and make that "fine finish".
LIVING I care far too much that the house is clean when "company" including parents visit. I'm working on this. I love to read, sew a quilt, watch classic movies, visit one-on-one rather than large groups. I like to cook if there's any energy left....The thing I want most, however, is for people who know me to say, "I can tell you really love the Lord." I'm far from consistent.
PERSONALITY Happy most all the time. If I'm NOT, I'm disgusted with myself, as I have good reason to be happy. I am usually pretty quiet, and would love to be able to fly free and be funky occasionally! When I AM it's usually with very close friends or their kids.
CLOTHING Jeans and T-necks or tee shirts.... or rather classic skirts/dresses. The funky clothes are actually in the closet in small number, but I'm just too whatever to wear them.??
GARDEN First, loads of flowers, mostly borders, with perennials and self seeding annuals. Lots of bird-friendly berry bushes. Outside the picket fence, chaos (relative) for birds. Brush, downed trees and briers are fine. Vegetable garden is about a third acre, current physical problems (trigger points and trapped nerve) are keeping me from "doing" it. Sweetie growing tomatoes, however...
ATTITUDE positive! The journey is the end.
IN A MAN Loving, responsible, considerate, SWEETIE!

Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

sillyfoulks
True Blue Farmgirl

164 Posts

Elizabeth
Illinois
USA
164 Posts

Posted - May 19 2006 :  1:57:20 PM  Show Profile  Send sillyfoulks an AOL message  Send sillyfoulks a Yahoo! Message
It was so fun to read what everyone else wrote. It lets us all get to know each other better.

HOME 1930's Farm house, needing paint and roof, hoping for red steel roof w/ white paint, and big wrap around porch.

DECORATING ecclectic a combined country and formal look, more old then new, fairly uncluttered but I have a weakness for junking

LIVING Keep a fairly clean house, but try not to get hung up on it. I am terrible about keeping up on laundry. I am not employed. When I am not busy being mom/wife/housekeeper I keep busy with many hobbies. In the winter I read more, work on genealogy, on computer more, and try to scrapbook. Warmer months I am outside more gardening. Not really good at any one thing, but enjoy doing alot of different stuff, and I am up for trying something new.

PERSONALITY Shy around unknown people, but open up fairly quickly. I think I am a little quirky. I struggle to stay motivated, and trying to work on being more confident.

CLOTHING I have going out clothes and stay home clothes, I get messy easy. Winter is mostly jeans, I don't like traditional cut T's but tend to wear alot of more of a womens T with cap sleeves. Going out you will find me in sweaters, not bulky but more streamlined. Summer I generally wore shorts, I prefer denim usually with a tank, I generally don't like snug ones.

GARDEN My garden is a work in progress, and far from what I have envisioned. I have iris, amarylis, lilac, purple coneflowers, daylilies, cosmos, nastursum, as well as many others. I like have different zones or rooms to go to, and tend to shy away from orange flowers, they just bug me. I don't care for the landscaped look.

ATTITUDE Fairly positive, but struggle sometimes to remain up beat.

MAN He must be supportive, understanding, and willing to stand by you no matter what (really important, I have made some dandy mistakes of the years) But most important the man I have.

Elizabeth

Not how long, but how well you have lived is the main thing.

http://livingcountrystyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Texas
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Cynthia
Mena Arkansas
USA
52 Posts

Posted - May 19 2006 :  2:36:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Cindy Texas an AOL message
This is too fun!

Home- Traditional two story but I want a country farm house with a big wrap around porch.

Decorating- French country, I have lots of antiques in the house and my kitchen is blue and white with roosters ( very cute). My whole house is very pretty but also very kid friendly. When we move to the country (hopefully soon) I will decorate my house with more country touches.

Living- I am a very busy stay at home mother of three. I spend a lot of time volunteering at my kids schools.

Personality- It depends on who you ask but most people would say that I am a very happy person sometimes to happy lol.

Clothing- I love to dress up. I do wear jeans a lot but when I do I wear cute jewelry and a cute top. I love to wear skirts also.

Garden- I don't have a garden where I live but I do have lots of flowers in my flower beds. I also have bird feeders and a bird bath and the feeders have been so full of birds that I usually have to fill them up twice a day.

Attitude- Very positive!

In a Man- I adore the one that I have and he loves me so much. What could be better.

Cindy
Go to Top of Page

sonflowergurl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katee
Tampa 'Burbs FL
USA
349 Posts

Posted - May 19 2006 :  2:54:15 PM  Show Profile  Send sonflowergurl an AOL message
HOME live in "suburbia" on an acre lot in a home that's too small for our needs, currently renting

DECORATING "junque chic" and ecclectic, I have a panache for junk and antiques, but love modern trends too

LIVING VERY busy--work full-time, kids, church (hubby's a youth pastor), sports, etc. (and I'm going to be taking classes starting this Fall) My house is bordering on clean/disaster at any given time, depending on how many evenings I've had to spend away from home due to previously listed activities.

PERSONALITY I'm fun-loving and have a tendency to play pranks ;) I joke around more than I'm serious, but am serious when I need to be. I love to laugh at life, no matter what's happening.

CLOTHING I'm ecclectic with my clothing style too, love vintage stuff, but don't have much... My favorite outfit is shorts, tanktop and flipflops! But I also love long prairie skirts and my funky pink cowboy hat!

GARDEN Currently have TONS of canna and spider lillies, a couple of hibiscus and lots of grass...also have a couple of tomato plants and a pepper plant. I'm working on preparing the flower beds (they were a nightmare and I'm BUSY--as stated above) and also an herb garden for my rectangular planters from Pier1 (neat little "rusty" looking boxes).

ATTITUDE I usually have a positive outlook on life and see the glass half-full. I'm a hard working overachiever at my job, but a perfectionistic procrastinator at home. (Everything must be finished and done right at work before I leave for the day....at home, if I can't do it perfect "right now" I put it off until I have time to do it "right". LOL)

HOBBIES (I'm adding one in here) I love to collect "junk" items and refurbish them or recreate them into something else (aka--"junque chic"). I also like to sew, knit, cook and grow things.

MAN Mine's awesome, he puts up with my shenanigans, is sweet, wild and crazy and loves me unconditionally! (We've been married almost 13 years, we've been through a LOT together.) And, he's tall and good looking to boot...not to mention the fact that he looks like he's in his early 20's (not anywhere near that age though! LOL)

Katee

The end will justify the pain it took to get us here.
"Looking Toward the Son"---- http://sonflowergirl731.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - May 19 2006 :  2:54:44 PM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
OK all you clean gals- especially you- Elizabeth- please come oiver and clean my house and do my laundry. I have no time. Seems I'm always playing catchup.Laundry is the bane of my existence. hate it and have lots of it. That's what happens with 6 people!

This is fun!

blessings
beth

Dreaming of Friday Night Lights
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - May 19 2006 :  3:24:41 PM  Show Profile
Okay, I will play too.

HOME: 1912 Portland townhouse/farm house.
DECORATING: Eclectic, some old items, some new and some built by my dad. Some whimsical painting on the walls, earth tones, with touches of red. Comfortable.
LIVING: Work fulltime, busy, but find time for me and DH
PERSONALITY: A worrier, but over the years have learned to let things go. Friendly and always try to get along with everyone.
CLOTHING: Jeans, Jeans, Jeans. Comfortable tops, flats for shoes, some bright colors.
GARDEN: Cottage style, veggies and lots of flowers
ATTITUDE: Always try to stay positive. Glass half full.
IN A MAN: Someone that is willing to take me on, tall, dark and handsome - just like my hubby

Anne

"Second star to the right, straight on till morning" Peter Pan
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - May 19 2006 :  5:52:15 PM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
Me TOO!!

HOME: 1940 farmhouse
DECORATING: Very Eclectic, VERY comfortable. Smells good too! I am not a decorator. Most of my walls are bookshelves.
LIVING: Own Dahlem's Soapworks
PERSONALITY: Confident (probably overly at time), creative, opinionated, sincere, loyal, work hard.
CLOTHING: overalls, prairie skirts Converse all-stars (baby blue), boots
GARDEN: raised beds and pumpkin patch, roses,roses, roses. Hollyhocks, hydrangeas, hibiscus, azaleas, herbs, herbs & herbs
ATTITUDE: Practical. Mostly positive.
My MAN: AMAZING. Shames me he works so hard and enjoys every moment of it. Loves me and our 6 children (and one grandson) unconditionally. Thinks of me and the kids before himself and always has. The most responsible person I know. Is an amazing cook. Very organized. Does housework better than anyone I have ever met. Can fix anything. Thinks there isnt anything I can't do. Supports me in whatever I do. We have been together 33 of the last 47 years!!!

Susan
Proprietress of Dahlem's Soapworks http://www.thesoapmaven.com

Edited by - TheSoapMaven on May 19 2006 5:53:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

theoanne
True Blue Farmgirl

282 Posts

teddie
CARROLLTON GA
282 Posts

Posted - May 19 2006 :  7:19:21 PM  Show Profile
I love this. It is not only fun it makes you think about yourself.

House was built in 1991. large 2 story. It came in the deal when I married MY SWEETIE.

Decorating. I like country casual, DH likes contempory, what we have is lots of family furniture. Some are antiques or just furniture we grew up with. Also I have quite a bit of Amish made oak and cherry. Soooo I guess like it or not we are eclectic.

Living: Casual and easy. Used to be obcessed with cleaning. It took 4 boys 20+ yrs to convince me to lighten up. I still do not tolerate clutter well, but have slowed down on the obcessive cleaning lots.
Personality: Talkative, Friendly, but at the same time do not like crowds, prefer 1:1 conversations, family gatherings or just me DH and another couple. I like things simple. EAsy cleaning, easy hair cut,easy house, easy or no make-up. I like to spend my time sewing and working on pottery , furniture refinishing ,and reading.

Clothing. Scubs to work, At home it's comfy clothes, pull on exercise pants and loose T's. Going out is casual,jeans or lately prairie skirts. I adore the new style of girlie rufflie blouses and skirts with lace. no beads though... YUK

Garden? Mine is in containers on the deck. I would love to do more but it's not worth the sneezing, running eyes and sinusitis. So we keep it small and easy perennials.

Attitude: positive. Very practical (some may say cheap LOL) Always looking for bargains.

My Man: First I have to say I enjoyed hearing how all of you thought yours was wonderful. Too often today you hear the opposite. Let me say none can compare to mine however. He's my knight in shining armor. Intelligent and very funny. 2nd marriage for both of us. He was not only happy to have me but took on my 4 sons as well.This had to be intimidating since he was an only child and has an only child. We have been inseparable for 6 yrs. Married for 2 yrs. We both are always ready to work things out. He never tires of cuddling or just being alone with me. Thinks of everyone else first. I have never met anyone who did not like him. Okay I could go on forever on this but let's just I had to wait 47 yrs,but I found the purrfect guy.
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - May 19 2006 :  7:59:31 PM  Show Profile
ok Im in
Home: mobile (UGH) Temporary, saving for farmhouse

Decorating: country-farm-cottage

Living: busy,very casual, very family oriented

Personality: fun, free-spirit, love being a mom & wife

Clothing: in winter- jeans, boots, sweaters (love sweaters)/ In summer- jeans, sandals, tee shirts, long skirts

Garden: very wild w/ old flowers, herbs and veggies

Attitude: try always to be positive, happy most times, moody sometimes, love taking walks & thinking.

In a man: The ONE I've got! not perfect like me but loves me unconditionally as I love him.

Hobbies: many

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - May 19 2006 :  10:08:00 PM  Show Profile
oh chilluns .. what fun it is to read of your 'styles' .. and my heart just sings that we are all mostly positive in our thinking .. isn't life just too short not to be happy most of the time!!! and i love that we love our men! just from this short little 'essay' of our lives .. i have a much better picture of who we all are and what is important to us. hope to hear from lots more of you farmgirls .. and let's come up with even more questions. i'm sure in all the time maryjane's forum has been in existence, these questions have been touched on before .. but there are so many new friends that join us each day .. sometimes it is nice to just start out fresh. and this really is a way to start 'journaling' our stories .. you might want to print your answers out from time to time and put them in a notebook to share with your children and your children's children .. and maybe even have your friends share their responses too. these make for great conversation when we get together with family and friends.

i have another one that i once read in a book .. (actually it was a whole series of questions) .. have any of you heard of "Every Woman's Story" (i think it is called Cameo Stories now though). i'll post it under a new heading and can hardly wait to read your stories. xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

farmfilly
Farmgirl in Training

48 Posts

Jackie
Gilmer Texas
USA
48 Posts

Posted - May 21 2006 :  1:23:41 PM  Show Profile
Frannie, I've loved reading all the resonses to your questions. It makes you stop and think, and I always wonder if someone else peeked into my life - would they describe my 'style' the same way? Anyway, here are my answers.....

Home: Temporally in a trailer while we remodel the 1960's brick ranch we bought as 'our' home. Big deep porches and metal roof will give it a country feel.

Decorating: My kitchen is french country with yellow painted pine panelling and travertine counters w/ blue rooster tile inset in backsplash. I have antique french canisters and lots of blue and white enamelware colinders/dippers, etc. I will have a library/office, that I doubt is gonna hold all my books, but it will be my refuge from the tv. The bedrooms are painted sunny colors w/ antique bedroom suites I have stored. We each have our own bath, mine with white beadboard, seashells I've collected and a huge jetted tub. The livingroom/den is hubby domain, so I'll try to use his things to decorate there. He has a huge amount of southwest/native amer/western stuff. Somehow I have to get it pared down to a livable level. I really dislike this style, but I think I can work in some of my antiques and make it tolerable without offending him too much. I also don't like lots of stuff/knicknacks, so that's another struggle.

Living: I'm very informal and laidback, very family oriented, though I used to be the overbooked club officer/charity organizer.

Personality: Strong, confident, love to laugh, loyal to family and friends. I believe in unconditional love. That's not to say I don't think there should be consequences for bad behavoir - there should, but I'd still love you anyway.

Clothing: Seldom wear a dress, dressup is slacks and silk shirt with jacket, casual is jeans and jacket or pressed cotton shirt. I'm very into classic style clothes, no ruffles or seldom any prints. Shoes are sandals or clogs/mules - nothing that touches the back of my heel.

Garden: I have a french potager in the planning stages, and the flower beds will have mostly perennials. I like big, wide, curvy beds and not much lawn.

Attitude: Mostly positive and non-judging. Fairness is extremely important to me.

In a Man: Fun, supportive, and strong. I wish my hubby were a better listener and sometimes he is. He is fun, supportive and strong, loves me like nobody ever, is handsome, and like one of the other other girls said - I've never met anyone that didn't like him. He's pretty much a jewel and I'm pretty lucky.

Jackie

Life happens, I'm just glad to participate!
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - May 22 2006 :  07:18:00 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
this is a fun question!
lets see:
home: ours is an old poker parlor in the woods. probably built in the 20's.
the oldtimers here tell me it was a "hunting lodge" but that really it was a poker house.
it is about 800 square ft. with a 8oo square ft. screened in porch. it has been a challenge to live in but we have been here 10 years and i love it. i would call the style rustic.
decorating: i am a big junkorama queen so my husband calls my style "sharecropper chic".
we define that as what a make do homemaker would do with little to work with but good taste.
personality:i think i am friendly, but not an extrovert. i can be quite chatty, but also quiet. in high school(just after the end of the dark ages) i was the school wittiest for three years, so i guess im funny.
clothing: well right now that depends on if it fits.my choice is kind of electic folksy, gypsy.
garden: backyard is cottage style with old east indian teakwood gates.(the junkarama queen strikes again) and the vegetable garden has tomatoes, peppers, squash, cucmbers, green onions, carrots and radishes. there is a dedicated cut flower section that has zinnias, purple cone flowers, sweet peas,and sunflowers.(thnks to my dh)
attitude: i call myself a pup.passive unless provoked. i do not like conflict but i like everyone to do their part. i dont like game players, lifes too short. im irish so i think im slow to anger but when i get there, im there with a vengence. i prefer to be positive ,
but i can get discouraged and disappointed. when all else fails i go to my music or crafts to escape.
in a man: well, im no expert here. they still confuse me. my biggest criteria is smarts, i am a sucker for a smart man. i love a great sense of humor. i love a beautiful soul, but im a little leary of the beautiful man. my dh is a boone brother(related to daniel boone) and he does like to wander off a little too much for my taste. (golf fishing etc.) but he has a great heart, he is extremely clever and has the music bug as i do and he is a writer so he has a clever way with words. when we met he was a bachelor who had never been married and i was a little scared to take up with him. after 13 years i would say now he is a keeper, although weve had a little rocky spots in the road.
the other frannie, in texas
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

74 Posts

Tammy
Southern Coast Oregon
74 Posts

Posted - May 22 2006 :  12:54:12 PM  Show Profile
I love reading everyone’s posts. It really does make me stop and think about myself a little.

House – I think it was started in the 80’s we bought it in 2002, and we are still finishing it. Right now it’s white paneled sideing, with red window boxes and a brown roof that needs to be replaced (Good thing I married a roofer). We have wonderful tile floors in the kitchen and marble tile in the bathrooms, but in the near future it will have a wraparound porch, cedar siding, new windows, real wood floors, new roof and a master bathroom.

Decorating. I use to love chic, fancy & formal, but since we moved to the country my taste has changed drastically. Now my white couches are denim and I am starting to change everything over in the house to a more hard working casual style (little bit of country).

Living: Hard working & easy going. Very upbeat. It's a great day 365 days a year! I wish I could keep the house cleaner and less cluttered and when I get a burst of energy and time I am going to get rid of everything that isn’t necessary. I have always felt everything should have a place or it doesn’t belong in the house, but I usually feel that way after I have bought something and can’t figure out where to put it.

Clothing. Winter – Jeans/T-shirt rarely a jean jacket & work boots. Summer Jeans/T-shirts & sandals. I don’t dress up, but I have a large inventory of Ralph Lauren and Jones of New York suits hanging in my spare closet. They are from a previous life, but I just can’t let go of my wool gabardine suits. I love skirts and dresses but never wear them. Maybe this year?

Garden? Now – small greenhouse with my veggies and a few flowers. Outside a I have lots of squash type plants growing in 15 gal containers in the fenced off orchard; away from the deer and chickens. Plans in the near future. Fencing off a 20 x 30 foot section to start preparing a vegetable garden for next year. And hopefully not to much further in the future I would really like to plant and garden the entire 5 acres and plant and nice cutting garden.

My Man: My hubby is strong, very, very hard working. He has a level of honesty and integrity that is hard to find now days. He is an honest hard working contractor. It’s even harder to find one of them. It’s amazing to me the amount of people that will wait months for him to redo their roof. There are a lot of contractors to choose from, but they know he will do the job right and for a fair price. At home, he is hard working and truthful almost to a fault. If you ask him his opinion you better be ready for the Gods honest truth. He is the first man I fell in love with when I was 18 years old and luckily he’s the one man I’ll love for the rest of my life. He makes me whole. I hope I don’t sound to mushy.

When I feel spring coming I have to plant or I’ll go crazy!
Go to Top of Page

rosebud74a
True Blue Farmgirl

109 Posts

Stacy
Maryland NY
USA
109 Posts

Posted - May 22 2006 :  1:05:05 PM  Show Profile  Send rosebud74a an AOL message
I love reading everyone's responses

Home- white farm house house with split rail fence in front....best described as cute
Decorating- country but not overdone, simple warm mutted tones with well placed antiques
Living- always moving or thinking...life should slow down now that I finished school. I like to live a life that is mundane or uncomplicated but at the same time has spice and just a little variety
Personality- quirky and funny loving, inappropriate at times ...I have always been described as weird, but i am a nice weird :)
Clothing- varies from jeans and well worn t-shirts, and dresses. I clean up well..lol
Garden- raised bed herb grden and a large veggie garden. several small flower beds that were already established, but need some taming
Attitude- optomistic, and fair,
In a Man- funny loving, dependable, and cute :)

Stacy

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
Eleanor Roosevelt, 'This Is My Story,' 1937

Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - May 22 2006 :  2:24:46 PM  Show Profile
Hi all,

Love to read your responses. As for me:

House- Only 1000 sq ft. Small but very cozy. Yellow with green shutters and trim and white porch.
Decorating - It's kind of a mix of country/shabby chic/junk. Somehow it all comes together.
Living-Trying to slow down and smell the roses. I work at something I'm good at, but don't particularly like. Want to be able to make a living doing the things I'm passionate about: cooking, sewing, crafting, creating...
Personality-I have a good sense of humor and my friends say I'm really nice. Now - you have to understand I didn't always consider that a compliment. I wanted to be cutting edge or hip, but now I think nice is just fine.
Clothing - for work: skirts, jackets, pumps. for life: jeans, dockers, tees or golf shirts, gym shorts, sweats.
Garden-Many flower beds, shrubs, lilacs, herbs, trees. Putting in raised beds for veggies this year.
Attitude-good sense of humor, be kind to others, what goes around-comes around, try to see the good in all.
In a Man-good sense of humor, smart, kind, a good hugger, never gets mad when I buy stuff (I'm describing my dh). One thing I'd like - if he was more handy. He isn't very handy, but he's the best husband!

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

dargaonfly1054
True Blue Farmgirl

257 Posts

Georgette
Nicholville NY
USA
257 Posts

Posted - May 22 2006 :  3:33:57 PM  Show Profile
I want to join in too!!!

HOME: 1890's farm house.....
DECORATING: eclectic mix? nothing new, all old stuff. Some of my moms stuff, some bought
LIVING: quiet, homebody, shy
PERSONALITY: SHY-SHY-SHY!!!
CLOTHING: mostly jeans and tee shirts. not much dressier for work.......
GARDEN: cottage
ATTITUDE: I hate to admit it but.....glass half full...... :o((
IN A MAN: loving, tender, caring and thoughtful...and I found him!! Lucky me!

"We need the tonic of wildness, to wade sometimes in marshes where the bittern and the meadow-hen lurk..." Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

EnchantedWoodsGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

959 Posts

Kathy
New Jersey
USA
959 Posts

Posted - May 23 2006 :  10:20:35 PM  Show Profile
Gee Frannie - I wish we lived closer - you are so much fun!
HOME: Pink Rancher with antique squirrel cutout shutters in teal green/blue - A small pink cottage out back and a rustic one room cabin on my hill
DECORATING: hehehe as my mom used to say, early halloween - a little mix of everything, some country and some victorian, and flea market finds - a lot of dust bunnies and dog hair tumbleweeds. My room is my haven, as is my cabin on the hill which is kinda rustic and victorian
LIVING: I live each day to the fullest - sometimes nonstop with work and chores - sure wish John Boy would come out his room to help!
PERSONALITY: good natured and giving - caring and dedicated to the causes and people/pets who matter most to me
CLOTHING: jeans, sweatshirts, I do like to play dress up in the woods lol - long flowy goddess gowns, and I just had my gypsy clothes on the other night - love things with bell sleeves, makes me feel witchy!
GARDEN: cottage and in wild abandon - lots of honeysuckle, tall pink garden phlox, ivy and pink roses all over
ATTITUDE: determined and jovial
IN A MAN: Good question - one who listens and cooks would be nice :)

Kathy of the Enchanted Wood
http://enchantedwoodmusings.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2006 :  08:48:36 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Ok I know this ended a while ago, but was wondering what people's styles were and searched for any old post with that theme..and found it!!

So for those that "played" already hope you don't mind, but I would like to join in and also add that I loved reading everyone's responses!!

OK...
HOME: wow this is not easy..some sort of greek/japnese mix. It is huge (about 3500 sq ft) and has 6 bedrooms and is three stories tall. But in the states we will either build a victorian or look for an old home to fix up.
DECORATING: Romantic cottage I guess would sum it up the best. I love antiques, but restored nicely. lots of throws and throw pillows. Soft comfy seating with beautiful and whisical touches. Dark wood, white, blues, greens, pinks, purples, and lots of surprise splashes of sunshine yellow!! Oh and lots of fireplaces!
LIVING: relaxed, casual, content.
PERSONALITY: Caring, emphathetic, sincere, opinionated, loyal, outgoing, honest, true, thinker (too much I think..see there I go! )fun-loving, and silly at times!
CLOTHING: day-to-day, jeans and a tee or cotton blouse like shirt and sandles. Dress-up,dress slacks and top. Dressy, anything that looks great on! And Business, pant or skirt suits
GARDEN: don't have one right now
ATTITUDE: possitive but always aware and thoughtful of others and just everything! happy, talkitive but sometimes very quiet.
IN A MAN: Honesty, humor, adventure, kind hearted, sincere, hard working, enjoys spoiling his gal, good with children, determined, and not bought or sold! Oh yeah..that's my guy!!

and for the bonus HOBBIES: reading, writing, singing, travel, cooking, scrapbooking, learning, shopping, collecting, old homestead arts, interior decorating and design, and more..!!!

Hope more join in!! And thank you Frannie for starting this way back when!!!
Hugz!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2006 :  1:12:03 PM  Show Profile
What a fun question, Frannie! I'll play --

HOME: presently a 17' camper , last one was a large fairly new 2-story, and the one we're building is cozy and simple
DECORATING: ecletic (sp?) mix of wood, metal, and textiles in light, bright colors (wildflower colors, is what I call them); lots of old things, but only a few that are primitive in style; I love oak furniture and floors and overstuffed couches, love seats, and chair & 1/2s
LIVING: simple, unpretentious, and laid back
PERSONALITY: tend to come across as an extrovert but am a true introvert; very sentimental
CLOTHING: lots of cotton, loose and comfortable, long skirts, and I love my Birkenstock and Haflinger shoes (just wish I could buy more styles)
GARDEN: flower gardens -- wild and colorful; veggies -- neat
ATTITUDE: fair and open-minded
IN A MAN: easy-going, good father, outdoorsy, not real needy

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.typepad.com/my_weblog/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic what's your "style"??? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page