Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2010 :  12:07:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I, Alee Reid, hereby pledge to declutter my house. Objects who do not have a current use such as extra tupperware lids, holey socks, and clothes that are too small/big will be disposed of, recycled or donated as appropriate.

My goal is to reduce belongings/clutter by 50% while still maintaining a comfortable, workable lifestyle.

Who would like to join me? :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2010 :  12:26:35 PM  Show Profile
I, Diane Van Horn, hereby pledge to declutter my house. Objects that I do not find useful or beautiful, will be recycled, donated or disposed of. Having a rummage sale next week!

Age only matters if you are wine or cheese.
http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922
Go to Top of Page

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2010 :  12:33:11 PM  Show Profile
I, Brenda Becker, hereby pledge to declutter my house by 30 %. . Objects that I have not used in more than a year, clothing that I have not worn in more than a year, and all those books that I have already read, will be given away.

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

"If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down. "~ Mary Pickford

http://theviewfromhere-brenda.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2010 :  12:39:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
So I have already started working on my pledge when I was doing laundry this week. I keep all of our socks in a basket and then pair them when I have the time. As I was going through the socks anything with a hole in it got chucked. My flat out wears out his socks. They aren't even worth darning so I threw away probably 10 pairs worth. These had been floating around for months and I was glad to see them go away.

I also packed up some baby clothes of Nora's that are now too small Tomorrow I am going to go through and only keep the ones that are special to me in some way and the rest are either getting sold on E-Bay or donated to chartity. It is time to say goodbye. If we ever have another baby we have some great second hand stores here.

I am also going to raid my husband's drawers for things that haven't seen the light of day since the last time we moved. I figure when we are losing weight we will deserve to treat ouselves with new clothes, but there is not sense in saving half worn out clothes that don't fit.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2010 :  1:14:58 PM  Show Profile
I just turned all my hangers around so that they hang open side towards me and what hasn't turned in 6 months goes.
Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2010 :  5:06:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That's a great idea, Diana!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2010 :  5:15:40 PM  Show Profile
I, Megan Dietrich, hereby pledge to declutter my belongings (I do still live at home being 14). Objects that that do not add to my life in a positive way will be disposed, sold, or donated. Anything that is not useful will also discarded in the appropriate matter. Love the idea Alee!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2010 :  7:23:12 PM  Show Profile
I, Angie Burnette, hereby pledge to declutter my house by at least 40%. I love the hanger idea! I think it's gonna be done in my house tomorrow night. That's when I plan to work on my bedroom. I have already cut my magazine piles down to only ones that I really need or will reread. That cleared off nearly a whole shelf on my bookcase.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2010 :  9:14:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Great Pledges, Ladies!! I feel such positive energy about this right now. It's time for stuff to find new homes. There are going to be some big changes happening in our house and I think it's for the positive! I am sure my husband will be grateful! :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2010 :  11:36:19 AM  Show Profile
I'm already there, Alee! I started a couple of months ago. A little bit gone at a time. I can't tell you how great that feels!

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2010 :  1:04:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Well I took my cleaning challenge for yesterday seriously and decluttered my junk drawer in my kitchen by about 75%. It felt great. I am just going to take it one room at a time and really appraise what I think I really want/need and what needs to find a new life elsewhere.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Bevb
True Blue Farmgirl

81 Posts

Bev
Moscow ID
USA
81 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2010 :  05:07:19 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies - side note.

Alee talked about worn out socks, and darning.

My sister-in-law taught me the best way to darn socks.

You walk by the garbage can with the holey sock, toss it in, and say, "oh, darn it."

hee hee
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2010 :  05:40:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
LOL Oh Bev! That is too funny!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2010 :  10:13:48 AM  Show Profile
I, Susan Willcutt, hereby pledge to declutter my home, starting with my bathroom. At this point I am pledging a guaranteed 15 minutes a day (I have a tendency to try to do it all at once, and then crash and burn!). Hopefully taking baby steps to a daily goal will help more!

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2010 :  11:08:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Sounds like a good plan, Susan!

I don't know what it is about our bathroom but we seem to collect empty shampoo bottles. One of my next goals for today is a quick scrub down of the bathroom and a purge of all things that need to be tossed/recycled. Sometimes just getting that stuff taken care of really breathes new life into the rest of the project.

Over the past two days I think my husband has had to take the garbage out 4 times! Once I started re-evaluating what was trash or treasure I realized a lot of the things I was keeping were more on the trash side. I have to forcibly remove the blinders a couple of times a year or I start getting overwhelmed. For instance I had this white tank top that had gotten pretty badly stained. I had tried everything to get the stain out, and I mean EVERYTHING. Bleach, stain removers, lemon juice and sun etc. It had turned into an item that was just going into every white load of clothes over and over again. I finally tossed it because the material wasn't something I wanted to reuse and the tank (probably $5 to start out with and I have spent more than $5 trying to salvage the thing) was still visibly stained. Sure I could have probably saved it for a winter undershirt where the stain might not have been seen, but I have other nicer under shirts. I know it's just one thing but things like that tend to get stalled in my house. I have a hard time parting with things if I can still thing of a use- even if it is stretching a bit to find the usage.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Sarahpauline
True Blue Farmgirl

672 Posts

sarah
Ringgold GA
USA
672 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2010 :  12:47:10 PM  Show Profile
Alee, I do the same thing. We moved over the summer last year and I am still going through bins that should have been donated or tossed, things I might fit into, or things that are too good to throw. I am trying SO hard not to become a hoarder!

Oh Mr Darcy!

www.SarahPauline.com
www.AbraxasBaroque.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2010 :  6:14:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Sarah- It would be so easy for me to be a hoarder. Probably if I could afford more storage tubs I would be! LOL I hate to get rid of clothes in particular- especially if I feel like I might someday have a use for it. But then I realized there might be someone who needs it now, or at the very least the donation place can chuck in the trash if they can't use it. I do make sure that things that are stained or worn out don't go though.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2010 :  11:28:25 AM  Show Profile
My project this week is to start organizing some items for a garage sale. It won't happen until at least the weekend of the 17th, but it will happen! I am determined to get rid of a bunch of stuff that has been sitting in my closet for at least a few years.
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

mrsamy
True Blue Farmgirl

167 Posts

Amy
Milwaukee WI
USA
167 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2010 :  1:40:21 PM  Show Profile
I, Mrs. Amy, pledge to cut the "teacher stuff" I've accumulated in the last 13 years in half and declutter the basement and bedroom so my family can be happier, healthier, and prouder of the little home we live in. I have 6 more weeks to go through the teacher things before we start school again and I'd like to bring those boxes of teacher stuff in to share with the new teachers in the building.

Prayer costs nothing, but is worth the most.
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2010 :  2:39:44 PM  Show Profile
I, Marjean, pledge to declutter my home to the extent that it is not being used or worn or just taking up space and collecting dust. I am starting on my closet. I have lost so much weight from illness that my dresses hang open at the arm pit and the ones that aren't cotton have to go. When you are pre-meoapausal with your body temp. going up the non-cotton have to go. lol
I've already purged my kitchen, what was left over is waiting for garage sale or up for barter.
Talk about my DH clothes drawer. He has about 100 t-shirts and he probably only wears 20. So that is going to be a full two day project thinning his clothes. It really makes you feel good to know you are living with just the simple basic necessities.

Farmgirl sister #308
handmade cards, vintage organizer bags and more at www.jeanpatchbymk.etsy.com
http://jeanpatch.blogspot.com
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
www.watkinsonline.com/rjaramillo
Go to Top of Page

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2010 :  08:45:37 AM  Show Profile
I am not quite a hoarder, but I am making progress into getting rid of my clutter. With a bad back and neck its taking a while. I can only do a little then have to rest. Its happening though and I cant believe the stress-free feeling its leaving me with. The Salvation Army will hopefully make a killing with all the extras that have been dropped off and will continue to get dropped off. I dont have the storage to save it all for a garage sale. I am going through room by room and keeping whats important and ditching whats not. I have a trash bin with me and a bag for donations. It stays, or gets trashed or donated. I cant believe some of the things I have held onto.
Go to Top of Page

ZenGoddess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Cindy
MO
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2010 :  09:38:38 AM  Show Profile
I Zens Goddess-Cindy pledge to declutter! First we blended two households then we inherited a extra house full and its been load after load to the dump or Good will ever since. I know I will never be able to use it all. The girls have taken to their homes all they wanted. Its been too many years acumulating, its got to go!
If we keep only what we really need it makes time for the important things and the "crafts" that we really enjoy instead of spending time moving & cleaning around "stuff".

Hugs,
ZenGoddess/Southernplum
My life goal is to Simply - Simplify my life.
http://herbalcottage.blogspot.com
http://herbalcottage.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2010 :  1:55:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
You are exactly right, Cindy! Cleaning stuff is not so much fun as using the things you want or doing the crafts you enjoy!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2010 :  05:40:32 AM  Show Profile
I, Debbie, hereby pledge to retake my house. I am the Commander in Chief and will re-assume the position! The clutter & objects will no longer have high command around here.

I read this article on simplicity on Slow Pony Home - while I am not decluttering to live in a motorhome, this article really hit home for me. Especially this:
quote:
It is just stuff. It isn't who you are, it isn't a memory, you carry those with you. It is stuff.

http://slowponyhome.blogspot.com/2010/05/simplicity.html

I vow to make my home a sanctuary. A place of rest. Not a place where I sit down and see all that needs to be done.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Farm Girl #790
http://www.xanga.com/My_Pondering_Place

https://twitter.com/EllieFunt

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2010 :  3:26:38 PM  Show Profile
Well, I have finally started to get stuff together for a garage sale, and already my bedroom looks better! I'm so happy!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2010 :  6:07:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That's great Megan!

I donated two garbage sacks of toys that Nora doesn't play with to the thrift shop. I have some guilt twinges but she never plays with them and we have so many other toys that she does....

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Cleaning Up: Previous Topic DeClutter Pledge- Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: