Dusky Beauty
True Blue Farmgirl

1108 Posts

Jen
Tonopah AZ
USA
1108 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2011 :  3:55:06 PM  Show Profile
I've never actively "tried", but the one time I really wanted a baby and wasn't taking any sort of precautions, I miscarried twice. We think it's from the residual hormones of the depo provera after my first child messing with my needed hormone levels.
I personally don't think it's good for conception to be a job to be done. If hubby and I really wanted a baby we would drop the birth control and try out the "once a day, every day" challenge. I've heard that that exercise is really good for your intimacy, it's very popular with husbands and the more you have it, the more you enjoy it. Sounds a lot more simple and exciting to control making sure you keep up the exercise daily rather than monitoring your body for "ideal conditions".

Anyway, thats my .02

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.” ~Will Rogers
Go to Top of Page

countrymommy85
True Blue Farmgirl

898 Posts

Krystle
MT
USA
898 Posts

Posted - May 11 2011 :  2:46:33 PM  Show Profile
It's rough trying and not happening. Have you heard of the book "Taking Charge of your Fertility"? I can't remember who it's from but I have been using that method as birth control and it also helped us get pregnant. I highly, highly recommend that book for anyone. After I got the hang of it I could tell when I was going to ovulate and a few times I didn't ovulate at all for a month cycle and now, because I was charting I know exactly when I conceived :) She explains how to use the method for conceiving and explains how it works and how it can help people who have previously thought they couldn't ever conceive. Although it can't prevent miscarriage, it will give you insight as to why maybe you haven't been able to conceive previously. The thing I like about the book is after a month or two of charting you will be able to tell if you're ovulating every month or not, and if you are, when. That way instead of trying to conceive every day you will be able to know what day would be most effective so trying to conceive doesn't become less romantic. I have a friend who went through that and it was rough on their marriage.

Hope this helps! I will be praying for you!!!

~We can make the world a better place for our kids and future generations by what we do today!~

http://countryrenaissance.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SunflowersAndHoney
Go to Top of Page

buggysmum
True Blue Farmgirl

110 Posts

Shelly

110 Posts

Posted - May 15 2011 :  03:55:35 AM  Show Profile
After a year on the fertlity treatment roller coaster, 5 IUI's, 1 IVF, acupuncture, herbs, and 20 months actively trying to conceive, including temping, charting, 3 pregnancies and 3 miscarriages/d&c's, I am getting ready to throw in the towel with the medicated cycles and go the all-natural route. Just acupuncture, herbs, yoga, walking, and some nutritional tweaking (but not obsession), prayer, and most importantly, a much needed break and some relaxation. I am at the point where I think all the stress of the fertility treatments/nightly hormone injections was hurting my chances. I am now in my early 40's and thought time is "running out", there are many "after 40" babies in my family, including my own father, born when his mom was 44 (the 6th child).

I wanted my DD to have a sibling so badly, and that might still happen, but I am going to try to put this in God's hands. In addition to a sibling, she needs a mommy who is able to be fully present for her. Letting go of the illusion of "control" over this isn't easy.

Best,
Shelly

Edited by - buggysmum on May 15 2011 03:56:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - May 30 2011 :  04:21:29 AM  Show Profile
Shelly, big hugs and prayers for you. <3

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Trouble Conceiving Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page