Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Garden Gate
 w/kind of pepper needed for pepper sauce?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Garden Gate: Previous Topic w/kind of pepper needed for pepper sauce? Next Topic  

BamaSuzy
True Blue Farmgirl

138 Posts

Alabama
USA
138 Posts

Posted - May 14 2006 :  2:27:22 PM  Show Profile
I have bell pepper and banana peppers planted but my 84 year old mother who lives next door wants me to plant some of those little skinny peppers like you make pepper sauce with. They are hot hot hot but skinny. What do I need to ask for when I go to buy this plant????

You can bury a lot of troubles digging in the dirt!

JanO
True Blue Farmgirl

53 Posts

Jan
Washington
USA
53 Posts

Posted - May 14 2006 :  5:42:44 PM  Show Profile
Do you mean Jalapeno Peppers?
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 14 2006 :  11:09:07 PM  Show Profile
I have found tabasco pepper plants at the nursery before too..I think that is maybe what you mean. Serranos are little skinny and really hot too.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

almostidaho
Farmgirl in Training

19 Posts

Tami
Richmond Utah
USA
19 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2006 :  10:51:41 AM  Show Profile

You want Tabasco peppers for a good Louisiana-style sauce. You can also use others like Habanero or Bird peppers for variations of flavor. I have a Thai Poinsettia plant which I dig up every fall to bring inside. It's great dried, frozen, or ground up into sauces. Redwood City seed co. in California is an amazing source of chile seeds of all kinds.

Tami
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic w/kind of pepper needed for pepper sauce? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page