Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 I did not fall off the face of the earth...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic I did not fall off the face of the earth... Next Topic  

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  8:12:07 PM  Show Profile
...I just got really busy with, of all things, farm stuff. We went from one lone rooster to 37 chickens and ducks of various ages in the last couple months. Homeschooling got trickier for various reasons, none of which had to do with chickens ;)...and this whole estrogen dominance thing has really set me back. I found a great homeopathic doctor about a half hour from where I live and I have seen her once (for two hours!) and am now taking a remedy she's whipped up for me. Today is day one, she said I would know if it is helping in a week. We also got some cruddy news as far as getting a loan to move (long story!!!), so we've been overhauling our finances and attempting to put an extra $500 in our savings every month. We figure in a few years we won't even need a loan - we will just pay cash (for a fixer upper of course, but still!!!!) But man, does that take discipline. And we are REALLY cracking down.

I really appreciate the RAOKs I've received - thanks Levi's Grammy and the couple anonymous ones I received as well! I appreciated the recipes as well, Amy Grace. Its just been really hard for me to get to the computer lately to let people know these items have come. I hope that in the coming weeks I will be better about this!!!

Its nice to know as a farmgirl when things seem to be so crazy in the outside world that there is a soft place to land...all of you farmgirls are SO sweet! I'm so glad to have found this wonderful place. :)

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.wakeupstartlearning.blogspot.com
www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2875 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2875 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  8:33:08 PM  Show Profile
God luck Amy, you are doing the right thing with your finances..
As financial counselor Dave Ramsey says.. "You have to live like no one else....so that later on, you can live like no one else!"
Go to Top of Page

City_Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Christina
Omaha Nebraska
USA
509 Posts

Posted - May 27 2010 :  04:40:12 AM  Show Profile
Things will get on track for you Amy! It sounds like you are doing all the right things. I know how finances and homeschooling can take a toll on you. My oldest "graduated" from her homeschool life in January and my youngest decide to go to public school last fall. One income is never easy but boy is it worth it! I have never regreted it for a minute.

The Dave Ramsey quote is spot on Lisa!

By the way Amy...your blog is a delight to read.

Christina
Farmgirl Sister #195
City Chick & Friends Chapter Mama
http://thecitychicks.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - May 27 2010 :  05:05:22 AM  Show Profile
So glad you're back! Missed you. Just sent you an email back, thanks for thinking about me!

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - May 27 2010 :  07:13:42 AM  Show Profile
glad to see you are back. life is so big these days. hoping things get more settled for you. happy days sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farmgirl #1014
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - May 27 2010 :  07:22:33 AM  Show Profile
Amy - so good to hear from you, I was thinking about you. Sometimes life is like that, I have had periods where I couldn't muster the energy to even read my e-mails let alone have time to chat. I hope everything isn't too overwhelming - we are having an estrogen overload at my house today - the dog is in heat, or despair rather, and I'm a little tetchy myself.
Take care and check in when you can, and good luck with your growing poultry population!!
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - May 27 2010 :  07:55:44 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
We missed you Amy!! Prayers headed your way.
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic I did not fall off the face of the earth... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page