peachy
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Melissa
Fennville MI
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2010 :  06:12:56 AM  Show Profile  Send peachy a Yahoo! Message
I'm finding my apron collection is growing rapidly these days and they're hung here and there but all in site so I can always admire them! Where do you hang your aprons? Are there any unique ideas out there for displaying and also keeping them readily available for use?

Melissa
Farmgirl Sister #360
http://oldethymecountry.secure2cart.com/
http://oldethymecountrybarn.blogspot.com/

Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!

Especially For You
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

Tina
Watkinsville GA
541 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2010 :  06:38:55 AM  Show Profile
Melissa~ I have an old garden rake that hangs on the side of my cabinets. It is a great conversation piece and it reuses the rake. I can get 10 on there hanging two together.

Blessings,
Tina
Go to Top of Page

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2010 :  06:41:23 AM  Show Profile
Tina that is the perfect solution! Mine just hang in a pantry closet, and you cannot see them. I know I have a rake laying around to repurpose! Carol

Forget buns of steel, I'd rather have buns of cinnamon!

Farmgirl #680!
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13627 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13627 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2010 :  06:55:54 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
My hubby found the neatest wrought iron hook with a leaf pattern on it, he put it on the wooden cabinet enclosure around our refrigerator and that is where I hang my (our) aprons . . . he had one that I made for him that is his BBQ apron. They are visible, however I won't be able to hang lots and lots there.
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2010 :  07:15:11 AM  Show Profile
I LOVE the rack idea! I have a white, iron shelf with hooks from the Target, shabby Chic collection. I have about 20 aprons. Some are a little to vintage to wear but I enjoy them. I once went to a tea room called "Aprons" and the curtains were ols aprons!

It's all good!
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2010 :  07:15:13 AM  Show Profile
I have a little wooden shelf with hanger things by the kitchen door. All mine hang there. It's right by the stove.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2010 :  07:16:06 AM  Show Profile
All three hang on a hook (that was meant for dog leashes) in the kitchen, right across from the stove, and buy the old 1950's chair/stool.

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2010 :  07:16:22 AM  Show Profile
Opps, I ment to say "rake". I haven't had my time on the virtual porch with coffee yet!!!

It's all good!
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2010 :  08:30:21 AM  Show Profile
I don't have any wall space to hang mine in the kitchen...so I hang mine in the bathroom under my bathrobe. I wish I had more wall...I love the rake idea.
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2010 :  09:05:57 AM  Show Profile
My two aprons (a denim one and a beautiful one that CRshelpmeet aka Jessie made me) are hanging on a hook between a cabinet and a kitchen window.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

AlyssaMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

AlyssaMarie
Palouse Washington
USA
287 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2010 :  09:16:32 AM  Show Profile
I have a shelf with pegs in my laundry room/ mud room off the kitchen. That's where mine is when it isn't on me.

AlyssaMarie @ Link'd Hearts Ranch
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2010 :  10:32:50 AM  Show Profile
I am thinking of using some aprons as curtains. I found the idea in the tearoom I mentioned in an earlier post.

It's all good!
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2010 :  11:25:47 AM  Show Profile
I needed curtains for my bay window in my kitchen. I made some half aprons and hung them up as curtains. They are really cute. The aprons I use are hanging on hooks on my pantry door. It is getting full now. Need to think of something else.

Farmgirl Sister 572

May the force of the horse be with you.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9329 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9329 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2010 :  12:33:09 PM  Show Profile
I had my son put door knobs on a piece of wood and hung it in my pantry. My pantry is a big walk in which will probably be used as a breakfast nook later.

God is good....all the time.
Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2010 :  12:48:24 PM  Show Profile
Most of mine are in a vintage picnic basket, though the one I use most, the one I got at farm fair last year, and one my daughter brought back from England, hang on a cupboard made from old fencing and an old window. I store my teas and flours, grains and such on it.

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

http://www.myfeetaredirty.blogspot.com/
http://www.iglitteredthecat.blogspot.com/
http://www.glitterandgrunge.com/ (turner hill studio)
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TurnerHillStudio/
Go to Top of Page

peachy
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Melissa
Fennville MI
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2010 :  2:11:32 PM  Show Profile  Send peachy a Yahoo! Message
What awesome ideas you all have!! My dh was standing here while I was reading Tina's garden rake post...I believe he's just run out to the barn to hide all the rakes from me! I love the curtain idea...does anyone have any pictures to share? Do you tie them on the curtain rod?

I'll be back...heading out to the barn to fetch that rake before he does:)

Melissa
Farmgirl Sister #360

Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Go to Top of Page

Suzan
True Blue Farmgirl

659 Posts

suzanne
duncannon pa
USA
659 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2010 :  06:35:50 AM  Show Profile
I got a wooden coat tree (small, like it may have been for a child's room) at an auction and mine hang on it in a corner of the kitchen. I love it!
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2010 :  09:34:15 AM  Show Profile
I like the small coat tree idea. I have a really big kitchen and would love to get a hall tree.

It's all good!
Go to Top of Page

mamawolf
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

Heather
Sublimity OR
USA
13 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2010 :  7:57:18 PM  Show Profile
I have my aprons hanging on the pegs attached to my mail sorter. My message and recipe center is in my kitchen, so everything is close at hand!

We Are,...American Farmgirls(and darn proud of it!)
Go to Top of Page

Futters
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Michelle & Ashley
CA
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2010 :  10:44:20 AM  Show Profile
In my dining area.

Right now some are laying on the water cooler next to the hallway.

I just purchased one of those wooden towel hangers which I am going to paint and hang. That is where I will display most of my aprons.

Have a good day!

Michelle
Farmgirl #760

Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity.
http://thetatteredquiltcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Carrie W
Farmgirl Legend/Chapter Guru

437 Posts

Saratoga Springs New York
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2010 :  1:07:56 PM  Show Profile
My aprons hang on a handmade hanger which is just a piece of wood with pegs in it. It is not anything fancy, but my husband made it and it comes with a story...

We have a friend who is a single man in his 50's and he often joins our family for dinner. For many years he came to visit us and would, jokingly, press his coat against the bare wall (where it would be very fitting for a hanger to be), let it drop to the floor, and consider it "hung". He would joke about gravity and tease us for not having a place for company to hang coats. So, one day, when we knew he would be visiting soon, my husband went to the shop and produced his board with pegs. He hung it in the bare spot on the wall near the door so that when our friend came to visit--voila!!--he had a spot for his coat to hang. We call our little rack "The Anti-Gravity Device" and that is where I have lovingly hung all of my aprons for the last 6 years or so!

Carrie

www.totallykadeshfarm.blogspot.com

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Tis better to weep at joy than to joy at weeping--Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2010 :  4:01:47 PM  Show Profile
I love the idea of using farm tools, like the rake. If I have a free wall in the laundry room once we get done remodelling it, maybe I could paint a mural with a clothesline strung to hang them on, with decorated clothespins to hold them... My most special apron hangs from a white enamel lid with a great red wooden knob, hung on the kitchen wall with a plate hanger. (Saw the idea at MaryJane's store in CD'A) I'll have to get the rest together and OUT.

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

peachy
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Melissa
Fennville MI
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2010 :  9:03:42 PM  Show Profile  Send peachy a Yahoo! Message
I have returned (a few days later than previously posting) without rake in hand...seems my dh is better at hide & seek than me! I'm not giving up...I will find the rake:)

So many more wonderful ideas! Suzanne, I wish I had room for a coat rack~I love them and would love to see aprons hanging from one would be "sew" nice!!

Michelle, what a beautiful dining area you have, I love the color and love all of your aprons displayed!

Heather, I think you and me have the same apron hangin' spot!!! Mine are on pegs also as well as the pantry door, bakers rack etc etc...with 3 daughters in the house, my sweet daughter in law who visits often and myself...we have quite an apron assortment:) And now, after all of the kids have seen the movie Julie and Julia...we have a wide assortment of "pearls" hanging among our aprons! Seems now we can't cook or bake without our aprons and pearls! LOL:)

Carrie, what a wonderful story! I'm LOL right now:) and can just imagine the "coat drop!"...next time your friend comes to visit, maybe you should surprise him with his own apron as well as the wonderful place to hang his coat:)

Never to give up...tomorrow is a brand new day in search of my garden rake!!! Where o' where could that dh of mine put it??? If not a rake...I love the door knob idea for hanging aprons~perhaps he shall come home from work and not a door knob shall be found except on the walls with an assortment of aprons hanging from them!!

Melissa
Farmgirl Sister #360

Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2010 :  7:51:34 PM  Show Profile
i hang my apron right on the pantry door so it always close at hand
i'm a messy cook but a good one
i love making my own aprons

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

birdie71
True Blue Farmgirl

254 Posts

Robin
Glendale Arizona
USA
254 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2010 :  9:38:52 PM  Show Profile  Send birdie71 a Yahoo! Message
My home aprons hang in the kitchen and my work aprons hang in the hall so I can grab them on the way out to the garage!

Robin
Farmgirl Sister #1301
Farming in the Sonoran Desert? Hmmm?!

my mama's (ceejay48) craftiness ~ cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com
my daddy's craftiness ~ aspenforge.com
Go to Top of Page

patchworkpeace
True Blue Farmgirl

478 Posts

Judy
Jackson Michigan
USA
478 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  04:49:09 AM  Show Profile
I've been looking for a way to display mine, too. Love the rake idea! Cute story about the "anti-gravity device".

Judy

Success is measured not by the position one reaches but by the obstacles one has to overcome to reach it. Booker T. Washington
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Where does your apron hang? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page