Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Name one thing annoying that happened to you today
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Name one thing annoying that happened to you today Next Topic  

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3320 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3320 Posts

Posted - May 24 2010 :  5:02:38 PM  Show Profile
I odered some Danskos on E-bay been waiting and waiting for them to arrive. They did. And they were 2 sizes TOO small-Not as advertised-really rough looking Danskos, not all that clean and way overpriced.

What was I thinking??

Now I have to contact the seller, box those sorry excuse of a pair of shoes back up and post it back to the seller-who will I HOPE refund me my money...Darn it!

That was my MAIN ONE THING that annoyed me today---

Come on ladies-lets VENT!

Melody
Farmgirl #525
www.melodynotes-melodynotes.blogspot.com
http://www.farmgirlhistory.blogspot.com/
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com
www.longtallsallys.etsy.com

KathyC
True Blue Farmgirl

583 Posts

Kathy
Gastonia NC
USA
583 Posts

Posted - May 24 2010 :  5:37:18 PM  Show Profile
Melody,
Sorry things worked out like that for you. I wear Danskos all the time but I have bought some Sanitas and I am very happy with them. I think Sanita used to make some of the Danskos, I have a pair that has both names in them. The last pair I got from a seller, comfortableshoes4you on ebay. They list 7 or 8 pairs every few days so I had to wait until the plain clog came up in my size. Brand new for $30. I think Sanitas are sized just a little different than Danskos, they are a little longer and just a little narrower. I can wear a 42 in Sanitas but have to have a 43 in Danskos or my big two just touches the end.
Good luck getting things straightened out.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 24 2010 :  5:40:34 PM  Show Profile
My main annoying thing today was the snow. yep snow and lots of it. Gone now of course (this is Utah after all) but waking up to all that snow and having it snow hard until noon really didn't start my Monday off that well. I am over it...my little spinach and swiss chard plants made it through the storm. Peppers and tomatoes bit the dust..glad I have backup plants inside!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - May 24 2010 :  5:44:49 PM  Show Profile
Oh Drats, Melody!!! That's truly annoying and they were definitely misrepresented! If you don't get your money refunded in a timely manner, let us know, and we'll all bombard the seller with "stern" letters!! Can you imagine them getting several hundred emails and letters from all your Sisters?????? Love it!!!

My annoyance for the day was the heat, humidity and 45 mile an hour wind, which is STILL annoying me this evening!! Strongly dislike hard winds!!! Grrrrrr!! Lin

"Our beautiful earth is worth saving"!!
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - May 24 2010 :  6:39:11 PM  Show Profile
For me it was when I went out to walk my dogs and couldn't because the man down the street has his little mutt running loose. My dogs have great manners and don't leave the yard if other dogs go by. This little terror chases everything that comes into view and I have to go back home until he takes it back inside which can be hours. I know not a big deal but very annoying when it happens every few days. I am sometimes tempted to let the three danes go for the little mongrel. I would not do that because it isn't the dogs fault he has no training but all they would do is scare the heck out of it. And if anything happened to the dumb thing it would be blamed on my dogs because they are big.

Farmgirl Sister 572

When manure happens just say "WOO HOO Fertilizer".
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  06:05:19 AM  Show Profile
It was 90 yesterday with a heat index of 95! I still can't put my tomatoes and peppers in the garden. Last week it was too cold and this week it is too hot! Last week had the heat on, yesterday had to turn on the air conditioning. Wisconsin, the state where you can have all four seasons in a week! Oh well, last year I put the tomtatoes and peppers in on Memorial Day weekend, looks like I will be doing the same this year.

Age only matters if you are wine or cheese.
http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  08:46:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
It froze the other night so my garden is ruined, and i have strep.I havent gotten sick in a very long time... this one is a doozy

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

People can only make you feel inferior with your permission, and you dont have my permission......

Dont let the chain of love end with you.....

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

http://www.etsy.com/shop/justanotherhousewife
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  08:48:52 AM  Show Profile
My annoying thing happened Sunday actually.

After coming home from the store after Church, my husband mentioned he wanted Rye bread. I actually found some Rye flour in the freezer so I was excited that I could make it for him. Well, I go into the pantry and pick up my quart size jar of Caraway seeds bring it into the kitchen where it falls out of my hand and breaks the glass leaving Caraway seeds everywhere! It was an OLD canning jar too! My honey is so sweet! He came rushing in asking if I was okay and then cleaned up the mess for me! He never lets me clean up broken glass and cleans up my big messes for me :) Oh and I found out that I could use dill seed or anise seed for a substitute :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  09:48:02 AM  Show Profile
I have decided that I refuse to get annoyed any more. It makes me feel ugly and I'm just not gonna do it
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.artfire.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  11:19:18 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
My washer hose is clogged up again and the lawn mower is in pieces. Oh wait you said one thing. LOL

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Swap Blog~ http://mels-swapshop.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

AliciaNak
True Blue Farmgirl

405 Posts

Alicia
Elko Nevada
USA
405 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  2:02:10 PM  Show Profile
I came out of the house this morning to find that cows had been in the yard (probably that thump we heard about 9:30 last night). We live in the middle of Open Range country, where the cattle ranchers put in for grazing allotments, and one of the allotments happens to include my neighborhood. The cow are "supposed" to stay up high, but the creek runs right in front of our driveway, so they wander around the houses to graze, and make it down my way to drink and bed down. They demolished my open bale and munched a few other bales, drank/dumped out all the chicken's water, pooped all over my yard. Reminds me why I strongly dislike cows!!! Now, it's OUR fault, because we didn't close the gates last night, but oh man, "cow season" is a real pain in the arse!! And all this was pre-coffee this morning!

Alicia
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.~Ralph Waldo Emmerson
www.blondenak.blogspot.com
www.artfire.com/users/BlondeNakCreations
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  7:00:10 PM  Show Profile
This is actually a very thing to do once in a while! I am having trouble in a club I am a leader in. One of the other members always fights me on everything! she wants to do everything by the book but to a fault!!! At least I had plenty of coffee first!

It's all good!

http://mscountrygirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  7:02:06 PM  Show Profile
Well I wasnt feeling that great yesterday so I asked my DH to go to the grocery for me after he finished work. I gave him a list and coupons. I was just a little annoyed that he forgot the bread..I usually bring sandwich stuff to work for the week...But know I have to go in the morning to get bread...Still thanked him for going to the store for me though
Deborah

we have moved to our farm...and love it
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  7:13:46 PM  Show Profile
Our refridgerator quit working. Everything in the freezer thawed out and had to be thrown away. We went to the store and bought a new one. Came home and the old one was suddenly working again.

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.eggsandherbs.com
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  7:19:45 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Oh that is aggravating, Julie! I've had that happen before- well minus the buying a new one part.

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Swap Blog~ http://mels-swapshop.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  03:30:43 AM  Show Profile
Just a tiny little one. We have been out of a kitchen for the apst month. No biggie sice we can cook outside. But we got our tile floor installed and have to go around to the back of the ouse to get to the bathroom and scale a step ladder. Again, no biggie. I just take my clothes and ditty bag and scale on up. Feels like going to the shower house at Summer camp. The BIG annoyance is the overall stupid design of our house and the fact that thie bathroom is so unaccesable ALL the time!
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Name one thing annoying that happened to you today Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page