Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 What are you doing with your Merit Badges?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic What are you doing with your Merit Badges? Next Topic  

JudyT
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Judy
Southwest Wisconsin
USA
196 Posts

Posted - May 21 2010 :  05:01:59 AM  Show Profile
I've just earned my first two Merit Badges but I'm not sure what I should do with them. I want to display them somehow but I'm drawing a blank as to how. I guess I'm looking for ideas and would love to hear what others have done with theirs.

Thanks,
Judy

Judy~Farmgirl Sister #599
I was born a city girl, but I'm a "farmgirl" at heart, sharing my life at...http://dailyyarnsnmore.com

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - May 21 2010 :  05:40:40 AM  Show Profile
Hi Judy,

I've just started earning mine and I was wondering the same thing. I think I am going to applique them on a quilt and hang it in my craft room. The only thing with that is, I'm gonna have to wait until I earm them all, or at least most, because I am not going to know how big to make it. I would love to hear other ideas.

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

JudyT
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Judy
Southwest Wisconsin
USA
196 Posts

Posted - May 21 2010 :  06:03:49 AM  Show Profile
Hi Marcelina,

That is too funny because I thought of that same thing making a quilt, but thought no, it would take me way too long to finish it. Plus I too wouldn't know how big to make it.

I was born a city girl, but I'm a "farmgirl" at heart, sharing my life at...http://dailyyarnsnmore.com
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - May 21 2010 :  06:32:42 AM  Show Profile
I was thinking, once I am official and start getting badges, to put them on a denim shopping bag I plan to make. That way I will take it shopping and may get some questions. :)

Best Growing
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13640 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13640 Posts

Posted - May 21 2010 :  07:38:07 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I'm getting mine all done . . and have them in a little basket in my kitchen. BUT I plan to put them in a wall quilt and won't start putting them together until I have earned most of what I think I'll earn.
I don't want to put them on something that will cause them to get snagged, grubby or whatever.

CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - May 21 2010 :  3:17:32 PM  Show Profile
I put my Sisterhood badge on a denim jacket on the front and was going to put the others on the back...but now I am not sure. I will have to decide what to do with them once I get a few more.

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Go to Top of Page

JudyT
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Judy
Southwest Wisconsin
USA
196 Posts

Posted - May 22 2010 :  12:08:17 PM  Show Profile
That's the thing CJ, I don't want them to get dirty or ruined. I'm leaning towards a quilt or some kind of wall hanging.

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13640 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13640 Posts

Posted - May 24 2010 :  08:16:37 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
My tote bags get a LOT of banging around and I know that my badges would be "roughed up" in no time. I've decided that if I want to take them somewhere and show them off . . I can take the quilt (when I get that done) or, in the meantime, take my little basket of badges wherever.
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  05:32:52 AM  Show Profile
Oh. I never thought about them "getting dirty" on my jacket. That's why I don't want to put them on an apron. My husband saw my finished ones. I haven't put them on my jacket yet, and I have another couple to start embroidering. He says I'm gonna need a bigger jacket. I don't know how to quilt...yet. Hmmmmm....You gals have my wheels turning!

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Go to Top of Page

MissLiss
Farmgirl Legend Schoolmarm

322 Posts

Melissa
Corona CA
USA
322 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  10:23:51 PM  Show Profile
I am a chapter leader and I have this nice big LL Bean tote bag that says "farmgirl" on it. I keep all my chapter member and group info in it and take it to our monthly meetings. I'm going to put them all on there. I haven't put any on yet (save my sisterhood membership badge) because I haven't gotten my expert level ring on any of them yet. So far I have 7 beginner and 1 intermediate...I hope I can get that to expert soon so I can add it to my bag! I also keep them in a little bin while they wait, so they don't get lost or dirty. The other thing I do is to save the patterns for them all so that I can replace any that get ruined, since I am taking the bag out of the house. I may decide someday to make a wall hanging or something else, but for now, since I am in charge of a chapter, I feel like the more I advertise, the more members we may get and the more future sisters I may bring into the Farm! Nice job ladies!!!

Melissa ~ Farmgirl #724
Mother Hen to The Knitty Gritty Farmgirls of the Inland Empire
Go to Top of Page

patchworkpeace
True Blue Farmgirl

478 Posts

Judy
Jackson Michigan
USA
478 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  05:25:20 AM  Show Profile
Hi Judy,

Mine are going on a patchwork quilt, too. They just seem to have that "patchworky" aura to them that is perfect for a quilt.

Judy

Success is measured not by the position one reaches but by the obstacles one has to overcome to reach it. Booker T. Washington
Go to Top of Page

JudyT
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Judy
Southwest Wisconsin
USA
196 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  05:35:07 AM  Show Profile
Hi Judy, my first initial thought was that they would look good in a quilt. But, I thought I would never get enough of them to do that or it would take forever.

Hi Melissa, that is really a neat way to advertise and Duh!!! Of course I can save the pattern and to make new ones.

That's why I love this place you get so many good ideas from everyone.

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic What are you doing with your Merit Badges? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page