MissLiss
Farmgirl Legend Schoolmarm

322 Posts

Melissa
Corona CA
USA
322 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  10:25:17 AM  Show Profile
Thank you gals so much for your support! I feel like I have real sisters to talk to ( I don't have any "real sisters" ) and it is just wonderful to be able to get all of this encouragement and advice. Alee, we do have insurance through my hubby's work, our prenatal visits are costing about $25 a visit, so I'll be hoping for less, but planning for a number like yours or Siobhan's. That's a lot to come up with!

Edited by - MissLiss on May 20 2010 11:07:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  10:40:06 AM  Show Profile
One week of starbucks will pay for Dave Ramsey's class. You should both go together, he may just wake up and smell the coffee (not starbucks)!

Age only matters if you are wine or cheese.
http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  10:46:00 AM  Show Profile
Just remember men and women are wired differently. We see situations from different viewpoints. Tell him how you felt and what you expect and move on! You need to be relaxed for this baby. They respond to your tension and frustration. Focus forward. Remember all those times he did the "right" thing.

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  11:03:04 AM  Show Profile
I guarantee you, after the very first Dave Ramsey class, his eyes will be opened to the mistakes that he is making financially. He will be blown away. The statistics of debt are crazy and the majority of people out there are totally oblivious. Your husbands friends and coworkers are probably all in significant debt if they make the same $$$ and are getting a starbucks every day. Like you said, you don't know what their financials are, but if that's a priority for them, I guarantee you they're not good. Seriously...look into the classes and see if you guys can make one. And if your hubby objects to the $100 enrollment fee, you tell him you have a farmgirl sister (me) who's willing to pay for your class so you guys can go and have a "date night" and learn finances together. The class isn't difficult and it really doesn't take a ton of effort to follow the principles right away. Your eyes will both be opened to a world you never knew and it will be SO beneficial! Do the leg work. Get the information and then present him with the idea.

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

delicia
True Blue Farmgirl

917 Posts

delicia
cincinnati ohio
USA
917 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  11:41:46 AM  Show Profile
Melissa, I am sad for you and know that you love your Husband but, he is completely in the WRONG. That is no way to treat some one you love. I agree with the other ladies that you need to set boundaries and just calmly explain to him that in case he forgot he is a father now and a husband and therefore has responsibilities It Is Not All About Him any longer.
delicia
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  12:36:22 PM  Show Profile
Siobhan, that is so nice of you. Melissa, that class is awesome! It really opened our eyes. Really seriously consider it.

Age only matters if you are wine or cheese.
http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922
Go to Top of Page

MissLiss

322 Posts

Melissa
Corona CA
USA
322 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  4:22:06 PM  Show Profile
Thank you ladies! I have talked to him about the not calling thing - the original reason for the post - and he's said "okay, I'll call next time". So we'll see if that actually happens or not. I will take your advice and find a Dave Ramsey class in our area. Thanks Siobhan for your support and insistence! I know it must be a wonderful tool if you're willing to offer something like that. :-) I will get all the information together, then present it all to him with a date and time already.

Edited by - MissLiss on May 20 2010 11:08:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

miss kris
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

kris
mi
USA
118 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  07:16:45 AM  Show Profile
Melissa, we are all like that - trying to be optimistic but some times it is just hard. But you sound good - we all need to just keeping walking forward and looking up.

My husband is going in for a surgery today, early afternoon. I would not be concerned at all if his heart was functioning at a higher level. It will most likely come out okay but still I am just a bit concerned. He is being very quiet this morning...course, he is starving as they have asked him not to eat since 12:00 am.

Good to see all your messages - Kris

For I know the plans I have for you...Jer.29:11
Go to Top of Page

MissLiss

322 Posts

Melissa
Corona CA
USA
322 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  7:01:52 PM  Show Profile
Kris, I'll be praying for your husband and you, of course. I'm sure everything will turn out well. Let us know how things go.

Melissa ~ Farmgirl #724
Mother Hen to The Knitty Gritty Farmgirls of the Inland Empire
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Family Matters: Previous Topic The Hubby went missing Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page