KD Earthwork
True Blue Farmgirl

210 Posts

Katie
Gualala Calif.
USA
210 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2010 :  06:05:45 AM  Show Profile
I love baking...but I love even more gardening.I come home from a long work day of gardening and start doing more at my house.Seems crazy sometimes.I think we women are just a bit too passionate.
I have a problem now, we built this wood fired brick oven that is super insulated.I'm baking weekly bread and selling some too.But the oven is still hot for days...I could bake and bake and bake.Unfortunately it's extremely hard to become a commercial kitchen here in California coastal zone.I've tried getting neighbors interested.But don't seem to have found like minded baking enthusiasts yet in our small rural area.We bake meat in it too ,soo good.
What to do with this wasted potential?
Katie
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2010 :  07:53:14 AM  Show Profile
I'm not really a baker, although I am coming around to it. I do LOVE cooking and will spend hours in the kitchen cooking the weeks meals or stockin gup the freezer

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"
farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

palmettogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

571 Posts

sue
camden south carolina
USA
571 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2010 :  09:46:39 AM  Show Profile
i just love being in the kitchen. i like to cook but i LOVE to bake. christmas is my favorite time of year cause i'll just keep making all kinds of cookies and cakes, pies, etc. sometimes, when i actually have too much stuff around and it would be kind of wasteful to make more, i'll just sit at the kitchen table and read cook books or maryjanes magazine!!
Go to Top of Page

narjay
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Ruby
Jacksonville Texas
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2010 :  10:03:00 AM  Show Profile
Baking is relaxing to me also, what a great way to de-stress. I love to make breads, cheeses, and anything in the crock-pot. It reminds me of (years ago) baking with my Aunt Toot and my Granny (gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling.)

Loving Life
Go to Top of Page

Nigella
True Blue Farmgirl

386 Posts

Nigella
Chimacum WA
USA
386 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2010 :  08:46:46 AM  Show Profile
Baking is so good for the soul! When I lost my job and was feeling depressed I was baking nearly everyday!

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
~Thomas Edison~
Sister #1213

www.thecapriciouscorgi.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2010 :  8:43:48 PM  Show Profile
I just re-found this thread. I had seen it a while ago and agreed. Now I know what I need to do tomorrow morning.

Our oldest daughter's wedding is Saturday and it seems every day I finish something and a couple more things pop up! In spite of that I think baking a batch of homemade bread is just what my spirit needs to get back to somewhat normal! I had slipped up on baking regularly and store bought bread doesn't nourish the spirit even though it fills the stomach.

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Lida
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Lida
Rochester NY
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2010 :  07:16:42 AM  Show Profile
I love to cook and bake. Both are therapeutic for me. I found a lent devotion about using kitchen time as a reminder to reflect and pray. For example- when making coffee pray for the farmer in Guatemala who grew and harvested the coffee beans. When making bread pray for the wheat farmers. When making yogurt or macaroni and cheese pray for the dairy farmers... When making something special for the family or a neighbor pray for blessings on them.

Peace,
Lida
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Baking as meditation Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page