Page: of 2

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2011 :  11:08:38 AM  Show Profile
You gals have persuaded me to try the corn and/or the Shweat stuff. We have four cats and the smell can get pretty awful. Arline, I'm so glad you mentioned you're on a septic system; us, too. "Flushable" litters don't always work for us, especially the ones that have (gag!) chlorine mixed in.

Karla, you might want to try a more gradual switch to suit your finicky feline. That's what most cat pros recommend -- mixing a little of the new stuff in with the old until they get accustomed to only the new. Cats. as I'm sure you know, absolutely hate changes of any kind. My cats seem to adapt faster than most to litter changes, though, so maybe it's just "luck of the draw."

Extra-smelly cats sometimes just need to have their anal glands expressed. (Yeah, I know. Euww!) If you ever see you cat "scooting" (dragging their butts along the floor by their front feet), this is likely to be the cause. Vets can do the job quickly, and often don't charge as much as even a regular office visit, it that's all that's wrong. Ask them to show you how to do it yourself, if you're brave.
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2011 :  12:00:33 PM  Show Profile
i would be interested in the 'worlds best" corn stuff-where to buy?????
my girl poos ok in her pine pellets and has aactually started to pee in there but stilis usin the carpet-i am going to remove the carpet!

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

hoosiercountry
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

karla
north port fl
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2011 :  9:21:15 PM  Show Profile
Hi Margo, I have found the "World's Best" litter at some Walmarts, not all carry it, and at Petco. It works wonderful
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Try This: Previous Topic Better kitty litter Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page