True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

KY
57 Posts

Posted - May 18 2006 :  2:27:34 PM  Show Profile
In the winter I wear my Earth shoes. Spring and summer it's flip
flops around the house and in the garden. When I'm out in town
I wear my Keds.

I forgot to mention....when I'm with my goats I wear rubber boots.

Go to Top of Page

ladybugsmom6
True Blue Farmgirl

128 Posts

Tami
Horicon WI
USA
128 Posts

Posted - May 19 2006 :  09:15:51 AM  Show Profile  Click to see ladybugsmom6's MSN Messenger address
i have high arches, and so have such tired feet. i love my earth shoe sandals for summer, my hubby got me a pair of airwalk fleece signed clogs this fall and my feet are just starting to tire with them. but the best shoes to have comfy feet for me are my work boots!Heavy, but my feet dont hurt in them!

-Tami
now ladybugsmom7
Go to Top of Page

Duchess
True Blue Farmgirl

109 Posts

Iowa
USA
109 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2006 :  07:04:36 AM  Show Profile
Ok Ladies,
Love all the choices you are giving us, now for comfy I need ones that will support as well as be comfortable. My feet are falling apart, I had to go the custom made inserts route. It's the muscle that holds your feet together and mine are gone, my feet are flatening out and hurt like all get out. In the 70's I had a pair of Moon Shoes, real ugly but super comfortable. I am thinking the earth type shoe with the heel lower might work for me. Do any of you have this kind of problem with your feet and do any of these shoes work for you?? I wear my comfort sandles from Lands' End a lot and they feel good most of the time but need something more substantial for outside. Thank you so much for all the information. Barbara
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2006 :  07:36:04 AM  Show Profile
have you seen "THINK" shoes? i have one pair so far .. can't find them here in Kentucky .. might have to order them 'on-line' .. these clogs are sooooooo comfy .. and sooooooooooo cute! (will post a pic of them soon!)

True Friends, Frannie

My KENTUCKY RAMBLINGS 'blog':
http://cabincreekfarm-kentucky.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Carolinagirl
True Blue Farmgirl

486 Posts

Kim
Rutherfordton NC
USA
486 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2006 :  08:08:30 AM  Show Profile
I have clogs in the winter, the cheap ones from Walmart. They've made it through both pregnancies and swollen feet. In the summer I wear sandals if I go out. Usually, I am barefoot. I recently ordered some Teva Rydecker Pro hiking "sandals," and I'm in love with them. They are open and breathable, very comfortable, and don't make my feet sweat. I got them at Zappos for $70 (I usually don't spend that much on shoes, but I'm going to Washington for vacation and need some hiking shoes).
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2006 :  09:16:17 AM  Show Profile
Duchess - my mom has what I believe you are describing, or something similar, and she wears orthotics (sp?) made by the podiatrist - she also can pretty much only wear Dansko and Mephisto shoes. They are a little pricey, but BOY, are they comfortable! When her shoes stretch out to be a little to big for her feet, she passes them on to me. I am SOoooo lucky this way! :) I hope that helps. She has said that foot pain is absolutely the worst. I hope that yours gets better very soon!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2006 :  10:44:15 AM  Show Profile
I am a big fan of the new Sketcher Step Ups. They have nice support under, but also are made of very soft material so they are already broken in. I walked 6 miles shortly after buying them and didn;t have a blister or anything.

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive.
Go to Top of Page

santa_gertrudis_gal
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Kim
Groesbeck Texas
USA
198 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2006 :  10:53:09 AM  Show Profile  Send santa_gertrudis_gal a Yahoo! Message
For me I have several favorites:

Dress shoes: always Naturalizers as I have a C-width.

Boots: Ariats are wonderful for riding and I also love Justin boots. Definitly Justins, for when hubby and I go dancing.

Sandals: My favorite are "Tiddies" and are a Texas original. They are now known as Pirate Sandals. Talk about comfy!!! They can be found at:

http://www.piratesandals.com/index.html

Kim

Heaven is a day at the ranch with my Santa Gertrudis!
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2006 :  7:48:47 PM  Show Profile
I have had plantar fascitis off and on for 20 years - it sounds like maybe that is what you are describing. To make it worse I broke a bone in my right foot recently. I put off going to the doctor for a while, not knowing it was broken, because I just expected him to tell me to lose weight. I wore a walking cast for 8 weeks, now I am wearing an elastic brace prescribed by my doctor, and still have pain if I am on my feet.

For dress-up, short periods of time, or mostly sitting down, I can get away with something much lighter like a sandal. And I have a pair of Dansko Mary Janes that used to be comfortable when wearing the cast (well, at least the one shoe I wore was comfortable) but lately I can't tolerate it at all. Before I broke my foot I wore a pair of Doc Marten mary janes which I love, but find them a little too tight for my feet right now. I find that I need a tie shoe if I am going to be doing any walking at all because of the plantar fascitis. For work I wear Rockport Pro-Walkers with orthotic inserts made by my chiropractor, or Earth shoes, or Birkenstock tie shoes (not the sandals). The features that I find in common with these shoes are a wide toe box, good arch support in the sole as well as compression in the arch area because of the ties, and enough depth to wiggle my toes comfortably.

Funny this topic came up today because I just got a catalog in the mail today from a company called FootSmart that sells a lot of non-prescription foot comfort aids and comfy shoes, several are VERY fashionable but still look like they would be comfortable. I saw Dansko, Rockport, Earth, Hush Puppies, Easy Spirit, Teva, and several others mentioned above. They have a web site http://www.footsmart.com. I've not purchased from them before (wonder where they got my name?) but they seem to carry the brands I like.

I have also used Zappos.com and find them very good.

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

summerbreeze
True Blue Farmgirl

277 Posts

Laura
WA
USA
277 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2006 :  9:39:49 PM  Show Profile
I'm afraid I may be drummed out of farmgirls connection. Comfortable shoes Not this girl...4 inch heels whenever possible. Open toe shoes almost always, I live in Seattle and people think I;m nuts. If the Devil wears Prada....He is my kinda guy.(just joking). I am addicted to shoes. style over comfort for me.

You only live once,if you do it right once is enough.
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2006 :  05:25:47 AM  Show Profile
Brenda, thanks for the Footsmart site. I have strange feet, with very low insteps so Dansko and many other Euro-style shoes leave inches of looseness on top of my feet, and I slide in them. Now I have an entrapped nerve in one leg, and that foot is unable to lift the heel or the toes! I need support but no extreme arch, and am always looking for comfortable shoes.... and yes, I am going to the doctor July 10 for that nerve. (with great trepidation, I might add...)
Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2006 :  4:11:20 PM  Show Profile
When your feet hurt, nothing else goes right! Ann, when I first got my Birkenstocks they rubbed under my ankle so I put 2 pairs of insoles in each shoe and it lifted it up enough to avoid the rubbing. Maybe you could do something similar to "fill in" the loose space in the shoes.

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2006 :  05:40:32 AM  Show Profile
Brenda, I haven't tried double insoles yet... I do have orthotics which I sometimes use... After reading this thread yesterday I went and bought a pair of teva sandals, which are too loose in the toe area--so my forefoot area slides, but are leather, and I plan to take them to the shoe repair man to "take up" a bit. I have had some success with his work in the past-- any errors are caused by my telling them to do too much, making the shoe too tight, but HE's great! My DH keeps suggesting I find someone who makes shoes in the old fashioned way to fit and make me a custom pair. I should go apprentice somewhere myself!

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

KJD
True Blue Farmgirl

402 Posts

402 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2006 :  06:52:35 AM  Show Profile
I'll have to check out the Teva hiking sandals - I've been looking at some different brands recently getting ready for two hiking trips myself this summer. As for comfort, Born beats anything I've tried. I love clogs in winter and flip flops in summer. Used to go barefoot or wear socks in the house until we got our lab 3 years ago. She slurps up a mouthful of water, then walks around the wood floors with her mouth hanging open, letting it dribble everywhere. That's gross to go sliding through!
Go to Top of Page

JO AND AL
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Jocelyn
parrsboro nova scotia
Canada
235 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2006 :  08:05:35 AM  Show Profile
[font=Comic Sans MS][/font=Comic Sans MS] well jan, i really do know i like my earthshoes,, and there are alot of different styles, i never had anything as comfy, i got sandels, and even ther are comfy. i never saw all the other ones the girls are talking about?? i am game o find anything comfy for my feet, as i had an operation on my right heel too, yrs. ago and for five yrs. i had to wear shoes with no heel in the back. what a time that was. now i have more shoes then i really need, i just can't get enough shoes, after not being able to wear them for sooooo long.i did have a pair of garden shoes they call duckies here, they were great for gardens and rain, mostly spring and fall shoes. rubber type. but we went four wheeling one day and the oil run out of the bike, into my right one and i tried everthing to get that oil out of it,, but no chance, no matter what i did. they are wearable but all my socks get oiled lol! i was soooo dissapointed when that happened, as i can't seem to find another pair like them anywhere. later girls love fom jo~

love is all you need
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2006 :  3:45:21 PM  Show Profile
Laura - Okay, I'll admit it - In addition to my standard clogs and the like, I do own one pair of the most beautiful Donald Pliner 3-1/2 inch heeled black smooth leather mules that I wear on special occasions sometimes and I DO feel pretty darn glamorous in them....

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

JO AND AL
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Jocelyn
parrsboro nova scotia
Canada
235 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2006 :  07:05:54 AM  Show Profile
well girls i got a pair of what they call DAWGS the other day! they are like foam. they are smart to wear with jeans, or even a skirt, comfy. but they sure stick to the floor lol! i nearly went down once or twice. have to learn to lift my feet i guess. anyways they are cute, and a nice change. they only had a mauve in colour. and they are size 3, i have a wide foot and it is soooo hard to find my size too. as my feet are small but wide. ol flat foot tee hee!!!! nice fall day here, guess i'll go to town and have a boo at the ocean. jo~

love is all you need
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2006 :  4:27:32 PM  Show Profile
I found a pair of Born Mary Janes at zappos that fit really well, except for the huge instep. My shoe repair man cut that strap, removed all the velcro and sewed on a buckle for me! Heaven for the tootsies.

Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2006 :  4:48:48 PM  Show Profile
Last Christmas my sister in law gave me the coolest muck boots ever!! They are from a company called "On Your Feet". They fit perfectly, and boy are they CUTE!! Pink/fuschia with roses. I just love them. They are so comfy, like they were made just for me.

--
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
Go to Top of Page

Clothcraze
Farmgirl in Training

42 Posts

Kristina
CT
USA
42 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2006 :  7:07:33 PM  Show Profile
I have two pairs of Born mule clogs (black and brown of course!) . I'll need something for when I'm actually WORKING though, that won't slip off as easily.

They sell the Crocs at Job Lot so I'm going to check those out too. I have a pair of sneakers that I wear that I got at TJMaxx (I hate to pay full price for anything).

I get dressed up for "date night" once a week with my husband so I have my selection of heels as well.

I prefer barefoot during the warmer weather as well. TEVAs are great for summer! I have some Birks for the summer too.

Kristina
Mama of 5
Seeker of a simpler life
www.clothcraze.com
Go to Top of Page

JO AND AL
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Jocelyn
parrsboro nova scotia
Canada
235 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2006 :  06:45:02 AM  Show Profile
i saw a pair of mary jane's shoes in a magazine my mil. gave me they, are soooo cool. i would love to have a pair of them. they had a strap on the top and they looked so old fashioned, and i am an old fashion girl! do any of u have a pair of those? i wonder? they were the sweetest brownish colour, almost like a mahogany shade. jo~

love is all you need
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2006 :  11:52:37 AM  Show Profile
I have been a Clark's clog, birkenstock girl for years because I have such sensitive and extremely flat feet that I really need the extra support. Bought a pair of Crocs (do not get the imposters...)
and WOW!!! I have had happy feet all summer. I have been fielding alot of rude comments from my guys about them though... References to Minnie Mouse, no one over the age of six should wear these, and the best one: my son said if you have to pick me up at school DO NOT wear those shoes! I would rather you came barefoot!" Now these are not my first pair so I am puzzled, I have previously had green and yellow pairs, so why are the periwinkle more offensive? Maybe I'm wearing them more than when I just wore them around the yard? They have broken out of domestic servitude and I have taken my Crocs on the road!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

JO AND AL
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Jocelyn
parrsboro nova scotia
Canada
235 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2006 :  05:28:22 AM  Show Profile
well bramble, if u r comfy why not eh?lol! i know i have some funny looking shoes but like i said if they are comfy who cares. i got those dawgs and they too look like something a kid would wear, but they are cool & comfy. i am in the mood today to play with some clothes i have spare drawer space since hubby took a hike, so i will have some more room to play, and arrange more comfy drawers lol! rainy day! so may as well do something fun, too old to play with cutout dolls anymore like we did when we were kids. tee hee! jo~

love is all you need
Go to Top of Page

verbina
True Blue Farmgirl

231 Posts

randi
n.j
USA
231 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2006 :  3:36:09 PM  Show Profile
Bramble what are Crocks? i want to check them out. i like my cowboy boots in cooler months and comfy clogs are good with some heel when i not walking on rocky turf and of course Berks. randi
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2006 :  4:11:51 PM  Show Profile
Bramble -- I've been wanting Crocs all summer long and did not bite. Just spotted them in a store over by the grocer's, so I still may get 'em! Glad to hear you love them -- that's what I've heard/read from everyone.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Cleaning Up: Previous Topic NOW! LETS LOOK AT COMFY SHOES? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page