Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Quilting and Art Therapy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Quilting and Art Therapy Next Topic  

sewingwoman
Farmgirl in Training

49 Posts

Giovonnia
Astoria New York
USA
49 Posts

Posted - May 02 2006 :  11:36:52 AM  Show Profile
Dear Fellow Farmgirls:

Yesterday was my first appointment with my art therapist. She was so encouraging and caring. It was morning of new insights and hope towards recovery. In the afternoon I went to my church to help out cleaning the church school. I met a lady who is a seamstress and showed her some of my work. Now she want to give me her scraps! From all this I learned that we need communities to grow and help each other. My friends, family and my sweet farmgirls here are proof of that. If anyone knows of some very old embroidery books could you please post them so I can see if I can get from the library? Check in with later. Again, thank you.
Love, Giovonnia

JennyWren
True Blue Farmgirl

201 Posts

USA
201 Posts

Posted - May 02 2006 :  1:26:33 PM  Show Profile
I will have to look in my Mom's old books and see if there are any old embroidery books. In the meantime you can always go to the library and ask the librarian. They are fountains of information (also a homeschooler's best friend) I am sure that they can help you find, at least some of what you are looking for.

I am so happy to hear that you will be participating in art therapy! I was an art therapy major for quite a while. There is so much value in it. I saw that with my daughter who was dealing with the effects of chemotherapy. It helped her tremendously. The chemo effected her fine motor skills, the crafts really helped her work on these skills. She had so much fun that it didn't feel like work! Also, the creative side kept her spirits alive.

I wish you great success, I am sure that you will find it to be not only something good physically, but also for your soul. Especially where you enjoy sewing, you will love this.

Carla...

If you treat an individual as what he is, he will stay that way, but if you
treat him as if he were what he could be, he will become what he could be.
-- Goethe
www.jennywrensurbanhomestead.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - May 02 2006 :  1:32:40 PM  Show Profile
You sound as if your spirits have been lifted already. Wonderful. I don't know of any books, but Carla is right - check with your library. Even if they don't have any, they will get some for you. So happy for you.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Quilting and Art Therapy Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page