Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Help - western/denim skirt pattern needed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Help - western/denim skirt pattern needed Next Topic  

Suzan
True Blue Farmgirl

659 Posts

suzanne
duncannon pa
USA
659 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2010 :  09:46:47 AM  Show Profile
Help! My sister is getting married this summer and wants me to make her a skirt from lightweight denim for the ceremony to wear with a western wedding blouse and boots. Does anyone have a pattern they can suggest? She's a full size girl.

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2010 :  5:52:54 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
The pattern books have plus size patterns in a special section...I like them. I think Simplicity is the best one. Just check the materials/supplies to see if ya can make it with cotton or lightweight denim.
I think a simple A line or straight skirt looks the best...then she can have the focus on the dressy wedding blouse.
You can also look for a skirt with a ruffle on the hem....keep us posted on what you find.

"Unless our desire for human compassion is stronger than our desire to be right, to be secure or to belong, love will elude us."
--Marsha Sinetar

"Come to me all that labour and I will give you rest"
Jesus
Go to Top of Page

LBP
True Blue Farmgirl

81 Posts

Linda
Goodview VA
USA
81 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2010 :  05:01:34 AM  Show Profile
Go to the Simplicity, Mcalls or Butterick website and see if there is anything online that she likes then watch the Joann ads to see when they have their patterns on sale. This weekend they had McCalls patterns for .99. I have hundreds of patterns, but none are plus sized. Wish I could help.

Linda

Come visit me at:

http://lbpsews.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

KathyC
True Blue Farmgirl

583 Posts

Kathy
Gastonia NC
USA
583 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2010 :  07:46:00 AM  Show Profile
Susan,
I have 2 new very soft denim skirts, one is fancier than the other. If you might be interested, send me an email.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Help - western/denim skirt pattern needed Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page