Twinsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

116 Posts

Debbie
Wyoming
USA
116 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  08:55:12 AM  Show Profile
Our home so lacks for storage. What is your favorite storage item in your home! For those of you with children at home, what have you found helps in their rooms, other than a toy box. My kids have some toys that you can't put in a toy box.

Thanks,

Twinsmom

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  09:34:52 AM  Show Profile
Denise, when my kids were little, and space/storage did not excist, I got some netting, and 3 hooks, put hooks in ceiling and put anything that wasn't real heavy in the net, and hung it from ceiling. Winter/summer clothes would be traded out into plastic tubs and stored in a shed. Also a rule in our house was, you got a new toy, and you gave away an old toy.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  09:56:39 AM  Show Profile
I do the same as Teresa. I also have milk crates on their sides under the bed. They just fit (if you lift the bed , slide them under, then set it back down on them) and are perfect for smaller toys or books. Plus they keep stuff from being kicked up under the bed. Plus, think vertical! Shelving! Shelving! Shelving!

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

JoyIowa
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Joy

273 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  10:30:26 AM  Show Profile
My favorite storage suggestion: Reduce what to have until you LOVE EVERYTHING you do have.

If it's not illegal, unsafe, or immoral, why not try anything once? Who knows? You may come back for a second helping!
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic storage....... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page