Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Cleaning Up
 Is there a "Frugal" thread?? Here's a great idea!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Is there a "Frugal" thread?? Here's a great idea! Next Topic  

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  2:45:03 PM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
Just wanted to brag on my mom...she sent a package and while I was really impressed with her packing skills, what I most wanted to share was HOW she packed it. Has anyone ever used their used plastic grocery bags for packing material? WOW!!! Great Idea!
You can stuff those just about anywhere...they don't have much of a tear weight, less than bubble wrap and if you're like me, there must be several hundred of those bothersome bags stuffed in some container somewhere waiting to be recycled or reused. Stuff plastic bags in wadded-up layers, into corners, along the sides...you name it, they fit and they work.

Say to them, may the Lord bless you and protect you, May the Lord smile upon you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you His favor and give you His peace. (Numbers 6:23-26)

.• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))
((¸¸.•´ ..• -:¦:- -:¦:- Chandra
-:¦:- ((¸¸.•´Farmgirl Sister #64

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  6:50:19 PM  Show Profile
That's a great idea. I have reused them as 'curbing" bags for walking my dog and for litterbox cleanup. I don't have as many left since I switched to the reusable ones, but that is smart. Thanks for sharing.

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  10:09:52 AM  Show Profile
Yes, Thats what I normally use to stuff my boxes. Glad I'm not the only one who does this! Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10

Farmgirl sister #1156
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Catherine
True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

Catherine Ann
Temple TX
USA
166 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  12:29:35 PM  Show Profile
That really is a good idea, thanks!

http://lovelivingsimply.blogspot.com/

Judge each day not by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant. ~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4737 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4737 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  07:51:29 AM  Show Profile
A great idea, thanks for sharing. I reuse my vegetable/fruit plastic bags over and over at the grocery store until they get sticky or tear. They last a long time, so why not keep using them?

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Is there a "Frugal" thread?? Here's a great idea! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page