peachy
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Melissa
Fennville MI
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  5:42:16 PM  Show Profile  Send peachy a Yahoo! Message
Sherry, I'm sending huge hugs and prayers your way. So very sorry you're going through this and there is so much to think about. Keep making those phone calls and check into various government agencies for help. I would think there would be some kind of government funding out there! If there is anything I can do please let me know~you're in my thoughts and prayers!!!

Melissa
Farmgirl Sister #360
http://oldethymecountry.secure2cart.com/
http://oldethymecountrybarn.blogspot.com/

Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  5:56:14 PM  Show Profile
sherry
i a praying for you and your family in the hopes that something good will happen
deborah

http://jerseyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  6:55:43 PM  Show Profile
Sherry, I am so sorry to hear of your situation. Praying for you and your family. Maybe Delicia's information can help you.

Why not go out on a limb, that's where all the fruit is! "Mark Twain"
http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922
Go to Top of Page

birdie71
True Blue Farmgirl

254 Posts

Robin
Glendale Arizona
USA
254 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  7:00:51 PM  Show Profile  Send birdie71 a Yahoo! Message
Sherrye, I am so sorry for you and your family! I really don't know what to say...my heart aches for you! Oh gosh! I will be praying for you and your family!
HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG and so on and so on!

Robin
Farmgirl Sister #1301
Farming in the Sonoran Desert? Hmmm?!
Go to Top of Page

cheneygal
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Suzie
Cheney Wa.
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  7:30:49 PM  Show Profile
Sherrye, I think Delicia's advice is sound and firm, do file bankruptcy if you need to, keep the home and auto apart from that. I agree, make sure you understand what the banks/financial inst. are telling you, and if you don't, go over it until you do understand it. We learned that the hard way some years ago, fortunatly we got it straightened out before we got into trouble. Delicia's right, it's their job, make sure they are doing it!! Good luck, best wishes and God does have a plan, my hugs and prayers are with you!!

live, laugh, love
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  7:41:01 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Oh Sherry!! I am soo sorry! You have my biggest prayers and good thoughts coming your way!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  7:46:16 PM  Show Profile
Sherry, very sorry to hear that you are going through this. I will email you privately.

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.wakeupstartlearning.blogspot.com
www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  7:48:48 PM  Show Profile
i was so encouraged after all the posts i took a call from the second mortgage. i will tell more of the journey tomorrow. i will call first in am and then post. thanks so much.sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farmgirl #1014
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  7:51:12 PM  Show Profile
Sherry - I am so sorry to hear of your financial troubles, you will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
Farmgirl Sisterhood #639 MO
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  8:53:07 PM  Show Profile
Sherry, Delicia is absolutely right. And if Wells Fargo has sold your loan to Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac, they have to offer you the HAMP Program(Home Affordable Mortgage Protection). You should be eligibl to collect disability also since you have been working the last 15 years. Don't give up! You have options!

A person is a success if they get up in the morning and get to bed at night and in between does what they want to do. Bob Dylan

Deeperrootsfarm.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  04:52:21 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
I'm so sorry Sherry. My heart breaks for you. I'm praying for you. {{HUGS}}

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Swap Blog~ http://mels-swapshop.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  07:30:24 AM  Show Profile
Oh sweet Sherry, I am so sorry . . . what a frightening situation for you. Have you checked to see if there are any charities or churches that may be willing to help . . . I am always amazed at the spirit of generosity that many Americans show during times of great trial . . . do not think of this as begging, but seeking help in a time of struggle . . . which someday, God will allow you to do for another . . . kind of a "paying it forward" mentality. If we didn't have everything wrapped up in the midst of getting our own finances together and moving to the old farmhouse now, I would love to help you. Also, I would contact a local newspaper . . . tell them your story and how you are less than 50 days behind . . . you might be amazed at the response of the community . . . newspapers love human interest stories like this . . . I guess what I am saying is that right now you need to be your own best advocate and to search for people that will help you. I truly believe there are people already waiting in the wings to step in. You will be in my prayers, my sweet farmgirl friend . . .

Hugs & Blessings,

Brenda

Come visit my blog at http.//www.pastblessings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

knitnpickinatune
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Sherrie
Gardena California
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  09:37:37 AM  Show Profile
Sherrye I'm so sorry to hear this-keeping you in my thoughts-hang in there & as crazy as it sounds,think positive (which I know is the most difficult thing to do in times like this)

http://www.mandolinbabe.info

http://www.mandolinbabe.net

@MandolinChick on Twitter
mando pickin & fiddle sawin' Farmgirl #702
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  2:04:09 PM  Show Profile
Sherrye, I am glad the farm girls could give you good options. I feel so terrible for anyone who is going through what you are. It has to be terrifying. I pray for something good to come your way. Please know that I will think of you often.

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

knittingmom
True Blue Farmgirl

665 Posts

AnneMarie
Edmonton Alberta
Canada
665 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  4:36:09 PM  Show Profile
I am so sorry to hear that, my heart goes out to you and your family. Know that we're all praying for you that this turns around (somehow).

"There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13641 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13641 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  5:13:11 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Sherry,
It's really hard to hear of the distress that someone is going through and feel SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO helpless as to what one can do to help. We have scrounged all our lives . . . we have gone through some terrible struggles and have always been brought through by our loving God. BUT, in most situations we had others helping with our needs.

I will be praying for God to give you ideas on resources available to you and how to tap into them, for ideas on things you can do to earn some $$$, for friends, family and neighbors to see your need and come along side you to see how they can help.

Like others have said, keep us posted: HOW we can pray, if there is anything any of us can do from afar . . etc, etc.

You can count on my prayers!!!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  6:34:32 PM  Show Profile
Sherrye: You'll be in my prayers. Hang in there.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  6:36:27 PM  Show Profile
Kerrieann:
I love your blog! So comforting to read. God Bless.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2010 :  12:52:08 PM  Show Profile
Sherrye
So sorry to hear about your troubles. Wonder where they economy is getting better as no one has told it around here either

I have friends and family who have done the bankruptcy thing. They both have their homes and you can get loans. It is a few years before you may get better rates but hopefully you won't even need a loan in that time. They just couldn't dig their way out as their was job loss for both parties.

Prayers are out your way.
Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

gypsy goat
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

mary jo
michigan
673 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2010 :  5:18:41 PM  Show Profile
just wanted to say hi,hope you are doing as well as possible. thinking of you often

whatever you are be a good one-abe lincoln
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2010 :  9:31:49 PM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry. However, there will be brighter days ahead. I promise. You and papa will get through this and be stronger for it. Do what you have to do to make ANYthing work.

As for the Wells Fargo people, just turn off the ringer of the phone and do what's best for you, not them. You will pay them when you can and not a moment sooner. They can lie on the floor and kick all they want but look after yourselves first in this situation. (Personal experience here...) You will bounce back.

Thinking of you!!

For some 'venting'-type of entertainment, please read my blog, http://lostadventuresintrucking.blogspot.com .

Go to Top of Page

KD Earthwork
True Blue Farmgirl

210 Posts

Katie
Gualala Calif.
USA
210 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2010 :  9:24:22 PM  Show Profile
Dear Sherrye,
I thought about you alot today, so very sorry ,must be hard.
I had an idea...What about moving into the fifth wheel and renting out the house?Or maybe vacation rental?Gardens sound beautiful.That way you could generate some money towards the mortage monthly which if you get a reduced rate might cover most of it.
Also what about selling plants to nurseries,sounds like you might have alot of plants you could divide or propagate.Or have your own small nursery,teach gardening courses.So many people now might really want to learn how to garden, even though it seems obvious to us.
Sorry I don't mean to discourage you, just trying to come up with some ideas.
Katie
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2010 :  2:56:20 PM  Show Profile
katie great idea. we are considering that now as one option. i was calling again today but my phone died. their is a new program i hope we can qualify for. its for folks like us unemployed. hoping it goes well. will let you all know later sherrye thanks so much for every ones help.i shall not give up yet

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farmgirl #1014
Go to Top of Page

shabby-mama
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

Nicola
Fowlerville Mi
USA
45 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2010 :  6:22:56 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sherrye,
You are in my prayers. I don't want to give you any advice because I don't really know the best thing to do, other than to tell you to try to talk to someone who does know and can be trusted.
We just went through this. My husband lost his job 5 days before last Christmas, totally out the blue. We have since lost our little farm, which we had put everything into. I was told that we could foreclose and would have 18 months AFTER foreclosure to move out ( so would have at least 2 years). We shortsaled instead, thinking it was better for the banks. At the last minute, they came up with us still owing $40,000 which really stung after we lost EVERYTHING, so now we have another 25 year 'mortgage' paying for nothing :(. The reason that they came after us was that we paid all of our other bills throughout the year. Really stinks because we were trying to do the right thing and sold off everything that we could including some very sentimental jewelry etc so we would be able to honour our debts. Looking back, I might have chose to foreclose or even file bancruptsy, but still don't know. But the point of this is for you to really try to get some good advice from somewhere. I wish that we had.
The bright side is that we have become even more faithful through this. We have 5 kids, moved 3 times in a year and have been more broke than you can imagine, but we are always managing to scrape by, day by day. I actually feel like it is a blessing, although I haven't figured out how yet, lol.
I am loving being a member on here. Is nice to just find some lovely Sisters who will be a great support to you with prayer. I hope that my 'not giving advice' will help you to get some much needed help. Try to think things through because whatever you do, is a huge decision and so hard to make correctly when you are upset.
Blessings!
Nicola
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2010 :  6:26:08 PM  Show Profile
Sherrye and Nicola prayers out to both of you and may God grant you wisdom and peace.

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Across the Fence: Previous Topic foreclosures...homeless..ME Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page