sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  07:50:55 AM  Show Profile
well as i sit here typing the tears swell in my eyes. we are one of the folks paying the price of the economy. there must be others on here???we have lived here farming our dirt for almost 16 years. never late a payment. now almost 18 months of unemployment and we are broke. used savings and whatever to make due.wells fargo financial calls 40 times a day. i call them and they say pay or sell or borrow. papa has gone to wy for a week or two of work.the co. said get a job and we will help you.if i had a job i would not need help. so what are you doing to get by. i am packing keepsakes and bought a used 5th wheel with my savings.we are not even 50 days late yet. i am preparing now to get mobil. the very HARDEST is giving up my gardens. where can i put them till i settle? what is your concern. i collect plants like some do shoes.lolwe are happy and will look ahead for what our maker wants us to do.i know i need to get down and do the work so what are you all doing to cope and to get the whole house thing figured out.just a thought sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farmgirl #1014

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  07:53:53 AM  Show Profile
Sherrye... I am so sorry that this is happening to you and your family.
(((HUGS))) ..praying for you.

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus
...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

AlyssaMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

AlyssaMarie
Palouse Washington
USA
287 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  07:59:28 AM  Show Profile
Oh Sherry, my heart goes out to you and your family. I had a friend that went through something similar and in the 11th hour their bank offered to help them. By then, they'd already moved out and walked away. A year later, they have a new home, one that is even better. There is hope. I will pray for your strength to endure and that things turn around!

AlyssaMarie @ Link'd Hearts Ranch
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  08:03:49 AM  Show Profile
Have you tried looking into the government assistance for homeowners? There has been some people who have found help. Do you have to give up right now. I wish I could be there to hold your hand and try to help you sort it out. If you haven't already do some research online into housing and foreclosure assistance. If there is anything I can do to help you email me.

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  08:05:10 AM  Show Profile
Oh Sherrye, I'm so sorry. Praying for you and that things turn around for you and your family. *HUGS*

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

Chives
True Blue Farmgirl

232 Posts

Victoria
Shelton Washington
USA
232 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  08:07:18 AM  Show Profile
I am praying also . Vicki
Go to Top of Page

mrsamy
True Blue Farmgirl

167 Posts

Amy
Milwaukee WI
USA
167 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  08:08:57 AM  Show Profile
Praying for brighter things ahead for you Sherry. A dear neighbor just lost their home and we had NO idea that they were in need. Here one day, gone the next. We have lots of medical and therapy bills for our son and I have resorted to selling lots of things to make ends meet.

Collect cuttings and seeds of your favorite plants and put them in window boxes to make them more "transportable" until you settle. Just a little garden may go a long way to brightening your spirits and making the next stop more 'home-like'. Remember your treasure is stored up in heaven. No bank or economy can take THAT away.

On my knees for you and the oh so many others!

Prayer costs nothing, but is worth the most.
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  08:16:39 AM  Show Profile
thanks girls, what we have done is gone to classes the college offers. we went to our neighbor impact. i am disabled so we went to seniors and disabilities help. if your loan co. will not work with you there seems to be no other way.a persons income has to work out to enough or they will not help. since we have card debt the numbers are not good. if we file bankruptcy on the card debt and not the house then if we become even more broke later we would loose the house. looks worse on credit.i will not leave till they kick me out. i am going to save what i can for a future chunk of dirt. we are 59 not such a great age to move. my illness makes me a glass bubble girl. i cannot just go live somewhere. so many things can hurt me. my dr. is writing a letter for me to give to the loan co. who knows.there must be othersof you girls going through this sort of thing.have you gotten help. the paper said obama expected over a million modifications. as of yesterday 175,000 is all that had been written.

farmgirl #1014
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  08:18:30 AM  Show Profile
I am so sorry to hear about your situation. And yes there are others everyday in the same place. But when it hits home it is deviating. I do hope you can find a way to stay. But God will be with you through all of this. Amy had a good idea about the clippings. Sweetheart you are in my thoughts and prayers. Let us know how things are going.

HUGS~~~Brenda

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matter compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

Ric Rac and Polka Dots
True Blue Farmgirl

87 Posts

Julie
Pleasant Prairie WI
USA
87 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  08:40:14 AM  Show Profile
I am so sorry to hear about your situation. I wish I had tons of money to help people. I lost my job too, but the situation is not as bad what you are going through. Maybe God has something planned that you can't even imagine. Keep praying. We all will on this end too. You never know what tomorrow will bring . . .
Go to Top of Page

Twinsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

116 Posts

Debbie
Wyoming
USA
116 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  08:47:08 AM  Show Profile
Dear Sherrye,

I am so sorry. I will include you and your family in our prayers. Please hold tight to God. As others have said, He may have something wonderful planned for your family.

Hope is a wonderful thing.

Please keep us posted.

Twinsmom
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  08:52:36 AM  Show Profile
Maybe, a near by farmgirl could "host' your plants on her land until you are settled once again...sorry if this is a wild idea, just sayin' You are not alone out there sweetie. You have a whole bunch of farm girls on your side.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

Chives
True Blue Farmgirl

232 Posts

Victoria
Shelton Washington
USA
232 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  08:59:35 AM  Show Profile
Sherrye, I emailed you, to see if you have family near. Please email me back. Vicki
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  09:11:44 AM  Show Profile
Sherrey, wow. That is not very long to be behind. My sister has been several months behind on hers and she's still there. I'll have to see what she's been doing. We have Bank of America. Did you know that 1 out of every 5 home loans are through BofA? I just learned that last week. Amazing. I do not like them. If we are behind a few days they are on the phone calling.

I sure hope ya'll can get things worked out. Keep in contact with them. Try to get them to make a deal with you. They really don't want to forclose on homes. It takes so long to get their money. And they never get all the place is worth so it's a loss to them most of the time. So they would so rather work with you. Just don't give up. Keep at them. They have to do something for you.

I heard on the radio the other day about some kind of program Bank Of America has now where they will help people but they have to had paid their loans on time for 5 years. Ha! That knocks out about 95% of everyone these days.

But we got way behind last year when my hubby was on sick leave for 3 months. And that's about when B of A took over Countrywide. They were relentless. They would not stop calling us. So I know how that feels. I am so sorry, Sherrye. There's got to be something you can do. But for right now just know ya'll are in my thoughts and prayers are being sent up.

Hugs, Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3320 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3320 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  09:13:52 AM  Show Profile
Oh my....

What to do?

If there is anything that I can do please let me know sherrye. I don't know what to say other than my thoughts are with you and your family.

Be strong. The Lord will provide.

Melody
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  09:30:35 AM  Show Profile
annika i agree. i have been trying to think of someone who could. it would take a farm with irrigation. i have 2.5 acres. we are in the desert. anything is possible. good idea.we do have a tractor with a backhoe. we were a wedding event venue.. we did mostly family reunions bdays small organic farm events. the county shut about 18 of us farm venues down. said not a farm business. so now that income is gone has been for 3 summers also. i can say with farmgirl help on ideas to get by i have done well. making bread scratch cooking making soap. next the laundry one. so thanks for ideas on sideline money too. i am learning cheese for when the cow freshens. i had a good loud cry after posting then a hot bath and came back to all this love on hear i am so full and blessed by your support.i shall take the peace of GOD that excells all thought to the barn and milk. thank you so much my friends sherrye

farmgirl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  10:13:52 AM  Show Profile
Sherry, I'm so sorry to hear about this. I hope the finance company can work something out with you all so you don't have to leave. 50 days doesn't seem all that long and I've know others who went months without paying and they are still in their homes. God bless you and your family, Sherry. You all will be in my thoughts and prayers today.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

gypsy goat
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

mary jo
michigan
673 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  11:36:33 AM  Show Profile
is there anyway you can get some government assistance because of your health issues you should be able to get something from somewhere-try your local family indepency agency. hold on-i know things can get really tough

whatever you are be a good one-abe lincoln
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  11:59:57 AM  Show Profile
oh sherry, my heart goes out to you and your family. will be praying for you ...
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  12:38:17 PM  Show Profile
mary jo that might be a good idea. i will see is i can figure out where to look. any ideas gladly accepted and tried.how things can change. we are union bricklayers. have not had to draw unemployment for 15 years. such as it is in life for oh so many folks. grateful for the unemployment. some of our friends in business have no unemployment to fall back on. what a time in the u.s. food economy etc. thanks everyone for all the encouragement. sherrye

farmgirl #1014
Go to Top of Page

delicia
True Blue Farmgirl

917 Posts

delicia
cincinnati ohio
USA
917 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  12:38:55 PM  Show Profile
Sherrye, I do mortgage financing. Have you ask Wells about doing a modification to your loan? There is also another program that they offer if your debt to income ratio is in line. If you are not more than 50 days late I do not think that you have to move. You can stay in your home I think even if they do foreclosure proceedings I think you even have time to look at a short sale or something of that nature. If I can help you with anything please let me know.
thank you, delicia
Go to Top of Page

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  12:54:02 PM  Show Profile
I am sorry. I know things are tough. DH is looking hard to change jobs and there just isnt much out there, even in a big city like Denver.

Prayers sent.

Edited by - Roxy7 on Apr 07 2010 12:54:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  1:00:41 PM  Show Profile
thanks delicia, i would love some help. i can say my debt to income is off. i considered filing bk on all but the house. then asking wells fargo finacial to do a loan mod. what i do not get is...they gave me a loan forebearance for 6 months at 900.00 a month pymt. i was led to believe that they would extend it if our situation was the same. they chose to not continue the forebearance. i was told sell borrow get a job or move. we had an arm that would have rolled to 4 or 5 percent. they said no loan forebearance unless we agreed to 7.75 percent fixed. they never told us about this till we were in there to sign. we signed. i felt stuck in a corner. so here we are. the house would sell for 175,000 to 190,00 in this market. we had a bpo done. kind a scared of short sales. would consider it. we have almost a 50 percent foreclosure rate here in bend.we owe 215,000 so not too upside down. we obeyed all the rules pymts through bank on time every time. it would seem to me to be in their best interests to help us.does wells fargo financial sell their loans to bigger investers? if so then i am talking to the wrong institution. i have a name and phone number for a ceo of wells fargo bank investments. a wealthy friend golfs with him. are wells fargo bank and wells fargo financial seperate. if not maybe the number and call might help me. i have been saving that card to play when i know what we are against here in this loan. sherrye

farmgirl #1014
Go to Top of Page

delicia
True Blue Farmgirl

917 Posts

delicia
cincinnati ohio
USA
917 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  1:12:35 PM  Show Profile
If bankruptcy will help I say go for it and reaffirm your home and autos. You can get a loan again after your bankruptcy has been discharged for 2 years. I would call customer service at Wells that number is 1-800-477-1300. Make sure that you actually speak with a person they can tell you about a program called HARP or can give you the number for the modification department. I would start there. I do not know the answer about wells fargo bank or wells fargo financial. If you get a person and do not understand what they are saying ask them to send you something in writing and I will go over it with you. Never let them put you in a corner this is your life if they do not explain it so that you can understand it make them go ovet it with you until you do that is their job and they should be helping you. I would call a bankruptcy attorney just to talk to if nothing else.
delicia
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  3:08:29 PM  Show Profile
Sherry,
I am praying and feel bad that is all I can do for you.
I know that your attitude is great and that the Lord will provide but if you are like me you are impatient
I will be praying daily, sister,
Farmgirl Hugs, Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.artfire.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  5:01:25 PM  Show Profile
thanks delicia, i will call tomorrow and let you know. thanks to everyone for help and support. sherrye

farmgirl #1014
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Across the Fence: Previous Topic foreclosures...homeless..ME Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page