Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  11:35:11 AM  Show Profile
For those of you that wear jeans, what is your favorite pair?

My favorites have been those I found at the Thrift Store, Calvin Klein jeans and then I found a pair of French Dressing jeans for a dollar. I especially love how they fit me (and aren't too long :)) so I went online to find them and they were $60.00! Too much for this girl!

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  11:44:14 AM  Show Profile
I like the fit and movement of Lucky jeans. I can do chores and ride in them once they are no longer at the top of the list for Jeans That Look Presentable! I also have a pair or two from Express that look pretty cute.
They are 100% thrift store!!
Oh, I have a pair of Levis 518 bootcut that I've been LIVING in for the past 5 yrs- arouind the house and while camping, that is! They showed up mixed in with a bag of hand me down meant for my son. I need to see if I can find another pair somehow. They are getting pretty worn at this point!
Mary LD

Haflingers- You can't have just one!
( I'm just one short of a drill team!)
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  11:44:41 AM  Show Profile
I have a pair of Ann Taylor Loft jeans that are fitted, but comfortable. Once I wear them once, I hate washing them because I wear them almost everyday!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  11:50:19 AM  Show Profile
I have 2 pairs of Levi's that I got in the junior department when I lost the "baby weight". They become softer and softer each wear. I used to buy American Eagle but they changed their fit to fit "tweens" only, and I don't have time anymore to scour thrifts for a fit with the little one. These are the "go to" jeans :)

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  1:22:37 PM  Show Profile
A couple of years ago I found two pairs of Petrol jeans at the local western wear store. I love them. The are cut mid-rise and they fit great. They are so soft.

Farmgirl Sister 572

When manure happens just say "WOO HOO Fertilizer".
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  3:21:17 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I try to find any jeans that I can that look good. lol I don't really look at the brand. lol
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  7:24:39 PM  Show Profile
I love Levi Signature collection...very soft..and comfortable...my kind of jeans

hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  8:19:46 PM  Show Profile
My favorite pair of jeans are my Levi's 505 straight leg jeans. I'm short and the straight legs make me look taller. And less chunky LOL
cindy

"Dog is my co-pilot"

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

phonelady
True Blue Farmgirl

323 Posts

Carla
Loveland Colorado
323 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  9:16:12 PM  Show Profile
Mine where Levi 501 men's. That was the only thing that fit.
Now it's Rustlers, believe it or not. These are the cheaper version of Levis but they seem more comfortable to me now that I've become a bit more "robust" shall we say.
Smiles!
Carla

"You shot it Tarzan-
You eat it."
Dave Ramsey
Go to Top of Page

gypsy goat
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

mary jo
michigan
673 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  06:08:20 AM  Show Profile
i love my levi's and my bibs that i found at goodwill!

whatever you are be a good one-abe lincoln
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  08:17:18 AM  Show Profile
I love the C.E. Schmidt jeans from Tractor Supply. They are heavier weight than "dress" jeans but have a little spandex stretch in them so they are so comfortable to work in! Also, they are under $20 a pair and sometimes on sale for as low as $14.99!!!

Luanne
beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  1:56:26 PM  Show Profile
I have been thinking about trying the C.E. Schmidt ones from Tractor Supply. Do they make them in mid-rise and are they narrow in the waist. I am very short waisted and really have no waist so most jeans are cut in to far and the pinch. I really have thought about trying them.

Farmgirl Sister 572

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  04:25:50 AM  Show Profile
The Schmidt jeans from Tractor Supply come in several different styles. I'm not sure about the waist issue, but they have a try-on room, so you could try out the different options if there is a store near you. The ones I get are the boot cut.

Luanne

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  12:03:33 PM  Show Profile
Thanks ladies for your input :)

Hmm, we don't have a Tractor Supply but we do have a Big R and a couple of feed stores. I will keep an eye out for those and some of the others mentioned. I dislike trying to find jeans that fit well and look good. Being short doesn't help.

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Catherine
True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

Catherine Ann
Temple TX
USA
166 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  12:20:15 PM  Show Profile
My favorite pair of jeans is a pair of Levi's that I found at a thrift store. I've just about worn them out, so I guess it's time to hunt for a new pair :) !

http://lovelivingsimply.blogspot.com/

Judge each day not by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant. ~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  1:59:43 PM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
I am a plus sized women, so I buy my jeans at "The Avenue". They are comfortable and not tight. I got capris for 15.00. They are kind of pricey at 31.00, but it is hard to find ones that are comfortable. So I shelled out for two pair of long. The capris and long shorts are about 15. I always scope out the clearance rack. Plus I got sweaters at Christmas for 5.00 each. They were nice. They have 3/4 length sleeves. So there is lots to find if you look often.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  05:29:38 AM  Show Profile
I will have to, sadly, throw away my favorite jeans of all time-Victoria's secret Uplift jeans. I've got the weirdest shaped body EVER. I'm built like a linebacker. I've got everything up top, but, nothing below. I have a somewhat definted (but very high) waist, and NO butt. I mean NONE. The VS uplift really made my hinie look cuter, and they fit me PERFECTLY, and were plenty long. (I'm a size 4-6, and being 5"9 it's hard to find long enough jeans) They never pinched, and they never fell down. They now are riddled with holes that I'll have to patch, but, I'm definitely going to buy another pair. These lasted me 5 years!

Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2010 :  6:40:52 PM  Show Profile
I usually like mens jeans. I go to the Goodwill and look for mine...But if I could I would wear overalls all the time. They are so comfortable.
Deborah

we have moved to our farm...and love it
Go to Top of Page

blessedhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

Tina
West Virginia
USA
106 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2010 :  7:33:39 PM  Show Profile
I usually buy mine at Goodwill. Whatever fits and looks good. My favorite jeans are Riders and most of all Levi's. I have jeans in my closet from size 5-22. I am at a 20 now and my goal is to get back into those 7-9's.I just had my 4th child a year ago, lost 20 lbs,then gained back 25. Now, is that fair?

~Tina

My food blog~
http://mysimplenorthernkitchen.blogspot.com

Psalm 62:5~ Find rest, O my soul, In God alone; my hope comes from him.
Go to Top of Page

blessedhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

Tina
West Virginia
USA
106 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2010 :  7:35:54 PM  Show Profile
Oops, what was I thinking? Not goodwill but Value Village.

~Tina

My food blog~
http://mysimplenorthernkitchen.blogspot.com

Psalm 62:5~ Find rest, O my soul, In God alone; my hope comes from him.
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2010 :  1:22:54 PM  Show Profile
I do have a tractor supply close to me and plan to buy my jeans there next time I buy if I can find some that fit right. Not having a waist I have to have the mid-rise or they just kill me. My Daughter shops at Value Village and she is a size 20. Usually she is lucky if she can find one pair. The other day she went to look and found 6 pair in her size that actually fit and she paid $20.00 for all six pair. Three of them still had the original tags on them. She was over the moon she was so happy.

Farmgirl Sister 572

Go to Top of Page

carolbrigid
True Blue Farmgirl

263 Posts

Carol
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
263 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2010 :  8:40:35 PM  Show Profile  Send carolbrigid a Yahoo! Message
Hey Megan,

I just ordered a pair of jeans from Victoria's Secret!! The pencil leg, low rise with a bit of stretch to them. I can't wait to get these!! Great to hear a Farmgirl sister loves her V.S. jeans!

Farmgirl Hugs,
Carol

Farmgirl Sister #222
Member, Crafty Bay Farmgirl Chapter
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  06:57:51 AM  Show Profile
Yeah, I totally love them! I've had them for about 4 years and they're just NOW starting to break down! Just make sure you order them long enough!!!!

Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

carolbrigid
True Blue Farmgirl

263 Posts

Carol
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
263 Posts

Posted - May 02 2010 :  11:55:24 AM  Show Profile  Send carolbrigid a Yahoo! Message
Hey Megan, my VS jeans - they fit me perfectly!!! Except mine are too long. That's okay, I'm pretty good with hemming!! I love them!!!!

Farmgirl Hugs,
Carol

Farmgirl Sister #222
Member, Crafty Bay Farmgirl Chapter
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - May 02 2010 :  6:01:28 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
I keep going back to the American Eagle brand. They fit nice and they sure do last. I have had some that are at least 5 to 7 years old and still in style. Worth the money in my book.

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399
West-Central WI Farmgirls

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog...Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 04 2010 :  8:28:03 PM  Show Profile
I like to wear Lee jeans. Comfortable! I liked the Rider jeans, but something happen lately. They just aren't sturdy like they used to be, and the legs are too wide for me. LOL.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farmgirl Fashion: Previous Topic Favorite Jeans Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page