Author Farmgirl Fashion: Previous Topic Clothes for a Baptism Next Topic  

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  8:36:02 PM  Show Profile
Next month I'll be a Godmother, again. It has been a long time since I've been to a Baptism. Any ideas on what to wear. I really hate to have to wear a dress. Thanks.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - May 19 2010 :  05:37:32 AM  Show Profile
What about a pair of khaki capris or shorts with a cute and colorful top. Or you could wear some kind of skirt.
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - May 19 2010 :  08:08:59 AM  Show Profile
Depends on what that particular church finds acceptable. How about a really nice skirt or if you really want a really nice pants suite. I would talk to the Mother of the baby and ask her opinion. She is the one that you need to make happy.

Farmgirl Sister 572

When manure happens just say "WOO HOO Fertilizer".
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - May 19 2010 :  08:13:15 AM  Show Profile
I'm not a dress girl, either, but if the church isn't downtown, and more in the suburbs, they have adopted a more "business casual" approach. I'm a godmother, and for my nephew's christening, I wore a pair of light taupe colored wide leg trousers with a black blouse, single strand of pearls and black heels. Conservative, but elegant. I out-dressed the other godparents, save the men in suits :)

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 19 2010 :  11:03:34 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, girls. I can surely dress up a nice black pair of pants. Jonni, I like the pearl sugguestion. It will be at a Catholic Church.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Fashion: Previous Topic Clothes for a Baptism Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page