Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 UPDATES! New chapter-'Scattered Prairie Gals'
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic UPDATES! New chapter-'Scattered Prairie Gals' Next Topic
Page: of 6

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  06:13:06 AM  Show Profile
UPDATES!! LADIES, CHECK OUT UPDATES ON PAGES 4 AND 5!! A new chapter is forming! We are mostly Mo/Ks areas but we have other states represented as well! Hence, our name 'scattered'! We will be setting up our 'henhouse' soon! Talking about get togethers 1-2x a year and a lot of online projects and chatting, since we are kinda scattered! Looking forward to farmgirl fun!

Country at Heart

Edited by - prayin granny on Apr 20 2010 11:14:24 AM

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  07:06:13 AM  Show Profile
This is great Linda! Looking for to getting together and going over all the details.

Brenda

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matter compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

lulu
True Blue Farmgirl

240 Posts

Connie
Geuda Springs Kansas
USA
240 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  10:37:35 AM  Show Profile
Well Ladies I'm so excited for our new beginnings. It is a privlege to be a farmgirl and now to belong to a chapter of like minded friends is so special. I can't wait to meet you all and to start working on our badges.
Happy Easter to you all and have a fun day,
Connie

LULU

Take care and write soon.

When you wish upon a star...Jiminy Cricket
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  12:49:19 PM  Show Profile
Happy Easter, ladies! Its a beautiful day here! Brenda, will email you tonight and/or in the am. It's been a bit crazy with our schedules, lol. Can't wait to talk with you!! Connie, I too, am looking forward to getting together. Will email you. Still think Yoder might be good? I do love it there too.

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  1:02:53 PM  Show Profile
What a great way to celebrate Easter! Thank you for all your hard work, Linda. I really look forward to meeting every one!

Forget buns of steel, I'd rather have buns of cinnamon!

Farmgirl #680!
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  8:14:33 PM  Show Profile
Me too! Dito, Dito!!!

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matter compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

Dahls Farm House N More
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Dahl
Challenge CA
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  02:16:21 AM  Show Profile
Would you mind if I became a part of this group? I am new. I live in CA. I do have a question. I would like to work on a badge. What I need clarification on is do I complete all of the tasks in the beginner level or just one? Then I move on to the next level, then when I have completed all levels I apply for the badge, correct?
Thanks,
~Dahl~

"Less is best, more is a chore."
-Me, telling my children why simplicity is better.
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  05:24:15 AM  Show Profile
Dahl, I believe that you can apply for the beginner's badge. I think I've read somewhere that,some of the girls add buttons or whatever to show that they have completed the next levels on the beginners badge. Also I believe that as you do a project that can count for a badge you can enter even when you have not completed all levels of past badges. Is anyone on the blog know that for certain? Dahl I believe that is the way, but we'll find out. And, So glad to have you. We would love having you with us and join in all the fun we are planning. If you have not read through all the pages on this site, please do so and then email me with your addy so I can collect your scrapbook pages. Any other questions just ask, one of us will help you out.WELCOME
Brenda

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

KanMogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katherine
Rock Kansas
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  06:26:52 AM  Show Profile
Welcome! Dahl Where is Challenge, California? My younger sister lives at Grass Valley north of Sacremento and our neice and her family lives in Vacavaville. I am fairly new so I don't know much about the badges, yet. I am working on my member badge.

I would rather wear out than rust out.----Richard Cumberland
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  07:29:51 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Hi Dahl,
Yes, you can complete all the steps in the beginner section and then apply for the badge. Once you get the badge then when you complete the Intermediate and Expert steps you can mark those on the badge by either adding a border line or a button if you choose. Happy Badging ')

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJanesFarm made us SISTERS :)

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/ReneGroom
www.Prosserfarmgirls.ning.com

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  09:51:13 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Dahl! Yes, please join us! Check out our posts under 'welcome wagon/Mo, Ks girls! We are working on scrapbook type info pages about ourselves. I am just learning about badges myself! We are all pretty new at this too! I've recently moved from So. Calif. Glad you are joining us!

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  06:28:26 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies, How is everyone's scrapbook page coming along? Let's try and get them mailed to Brenda within the next few days? Will give her something to enjoy working on while she recouperates! Will be mailing out the chapter info to each of you also. My daughter is still working on the badges for everyone! Next project? How about sisterhood merit badges? Brenda and I were chatting about this. Maybe the 'cleaning up' 'shopping green'? It would be an easy and simple start for us? What do you all think? Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  06:29:58 AM  Show Profile
Brenda, We are all praying and thinking of you!!

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

judylynn
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

judy
council grove ks
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  06:31:32 AM  Show Profile
Ok Linda - I found the chapter chatter - thanks for the instructions. would love to get in touch with you - but will be working in Topeka on the 21st. I am off the 22nd. What do I need to put on my scrapbook page - just things I enjoy and describe where I live? What ideas do the rest of you have? thanks a bunch for starting this! and welcome Dahl!
judy
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  07:48:37 AM  Show Profile
A huge thank you to Brenda for all her great ideas to bring us together! Brenda, what can we do to support you as you recover? Have a great day everyone! Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  08:20:14 AM  Show Profile
I appreciate all your concerns and prayer's. I've seen miracles come from prayer's and that would be the upmost needed. Not that I'm praying for miracles, But would be very thankful for some improvement. I'm very limited as to what I can do right now. I want to be able to be more involved with my 5 grandkids. I love you all for just being there for me, and will be ready to jump back on here as soon as I get home!! Have fun planning some fun projects for us to do. Linda I really appreciate all that you have done to get this chapter going for us!
HUGS~~~Brenda

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  3:11:08 PM  Show Profile
Kathy, Just got your email!! It was in my bulk, spam email?!Anyway, I will email you! I LOVE your designs! Please sent them to Brenda, if you have not already. If you can post them on here, do so! They are great!

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  3:23:00 PM  Show Profile
Hey Brenda, you are our 'head honcho'. It was a GREAT idea to gather up the prairie area ladies! And, we will definitely keep you in prayer! I know you will do great! Blessings everyone, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  4:23:48 PM  Show Profile
Linda, I really don't think there is really a head honcho.This is something you and I have talk about for awhile. As much as you and I visit and all the girls are putting forth alot of ideas I think that we'll move along fairly smoothly.I think the going green badge is a good place to start. Have you had any feedback on that idea? Today I realized Monday is coming pretty fast. I'm going to try to keep myself really busy this weekend so I don't have time to sit and think. I have complete faith that the prayers will be coming. You girls are so suportive.Thank you!!!

Hugs, Brenda

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  10:03:43 PM  Show Profile
Brenda, I think staying busy will help for sure! I was using the phrase 'head honcho' from the henhouse post. Only I said it wrong. Whoever signs up the henhouse is the 'head hencho'. But they wont let us register! Lol! Sorry, I said it wrong! I think we all are going to have so much fun and everyone has so much creativity and great ideas! And awesome farmgirl spirit! Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  05:16:15 AM  Show Profile
Oh Linda, my dear, dear friend you said nothing wrong. Ok, I'll sign up as head hencho just to use my # but I'll need the help of everyone to run this the way that everyone can be happy. We want this to be about US not someone taking off and leading the whole group. I didn't at all thak it the wrong way sweetheart, I just don't want everyone to think that I was going to take control. We are going to do so many fun things together and I can't wait to get started. Love you all. Brenda LETS GO GIRLS, AS A TEAM OF FARMGIRLS!!!!!!!!!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  07:59:36 AM  Show Profile
Girls I found 2 sayings this morning that I wanted to share with you! Hope you enjoy them.

You don't look for the right person, you discover each other.

Happiness keeps you sweet
Trials keep you strong
Sorrows keep you human
Failures keep you humble
Success keeps you glowing
But only God keeps you going!

Have a good day, HUGS~~~Brenda

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  09:41:08 AM  Show Profile
That is a great quote, Brenda!! Does anyone know why the henhouse forum is not taking new chapters for henhouse posting? Just seems odd?! How does everyone feel about starting work on badges, the 'go green' seems easy as a start? What does everyone think? Kathy sent an email of 2 designs she was working on for 'Scattered Prairie Gals'. They both are awesome! Kathy, maybe send it to each one thru forum email so they can check them out! They would be soo much fun for our own t shirts, or tote or whatever! Thanks everyone for getting your info out to me! My daughter will be working on the badges thru this month. Will mail out each chapter packet this weekend to you. Have a great day everybody!

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

KanMogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katherine
Rock Kansas
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  3:48:31 PM  Show Profile
I will send my designs out as soon as I get my laptop back. My mother board went bad and luckily it was still under warranty. Hopefully I'll get it back next week. If everyone has the capability to print them I can send them in pdf form. At hobby stores and WalMarts you can buy fabric sheets for the printer or you can get special paper for iron-on transfers. The iron-ons have to be printed backwards. I can't quarantee my scrapbook page by next week. The "go green" badge would be okay.

I would rather wear out than rust out.----Richard Cumberland
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  5:58:15 PM  Show Profile
Katherine don't worry about getting out your pages by next week. I'll be in the hospital most of next week. So there's really no hurry. Pages can be added anytime. Take your time and enjoy doing them. Have fun. I need to go in to the badges and see what it is that I need to work on.

HUGS~Brenda

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Go to Top of Page

lulu
True Blue Farmgirl

240 Posts

Connie
Geuda Springs Kansas
USA
240 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  5:59:37 PM  Show Profile
I received my "Farmgirl Sisterhood" packett today. Now I'm planning on how I will decorate my sisterhood badge. And the going green badge is fine with me to start with. I'm one of the few in town that has a clothes line. I've loaned it out before so one lady could wash and hang her Quilts out to dry. They sure looked pretty hanging on my line.
Connie

LULU

Take care and write soon.

When you wish upon a star...Jiminy Cricket
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic UPDATES! New chapter-'Scattered Prairie Gals' Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page