Page: of 5

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2010 :  07:20:47 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
I think that is so wonderful. I just chopped my hair off-well not completely but in a really shot bob. I keep feeling the back to see where my hair went. LOL!

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2010 :  09:53:51 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Suzanne! I really liked doing it the first time, so now every year I'll be able to do it!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

florina
Farmgirl in Training

23 Posts

Christine
Sheboygan WI
USA
23 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2010 :  03:57:21 AM  Show Profile
That's great Megan, what a special gift!

Where do you live in WI?

"Have a little bit of Fun everyday!
Do the things you love!
Go to Top of Page

florina
Farmgirl in Training

23 Posts

Christine
Sheboygan WI
USA
23 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2010 :  04:07:40 AM  Show Profile
Mine is short and layered for the summer and in winter I still have it layered but a little longer otherwise I freeze. My hair is wavey, so it kinda likes to do it's own thing and I've found that this is the best cut to get. I'm not one for lots of styling, don't want to spend the time straightening or curling or all that stuff, just a quick blow dry in winter and usually air dry in summer. My hair is fine so when they cut it they texturize it with a scissors and then I use a volumizer that seems to help give me some normal volume. So when I want it to look a little "fancier"- (is that a real word??) lol, for a special occasion I can still get the curling out and add some curl for a little different look.

"Have a little bit of Fun everyday!
Do the things you love!
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2010 :  7:45:25 PM  Show Profile
I live in the Milwaukee area, Christine. My high school, Divine Saviors Holy Angels, does this every year, so I hope to participate in it all four years!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

PilgrimSoul
True Blue Farmgirl

61 Posts

Jessie
NJ
USA
61 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2010 :  11:05:29 AM  Show Profile
I'm pretty low maintenance. My hair is chin length and naturally wavy (frizzy in the summer...ugh). I just wash it, condition it, and let it air dry. In the winter, I blow dry it. I don't use a comb or brush on it, and just accept however it turns out.
Go to Top of Page

TexBetsy
True Blue Farmgirl

319 Posts

Betsy
Princeton TX
USA
319 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2010 :  4:44:38 PM  Show Profile
This made me laugh. All I could think was "I'm supposed to fix my hair?" Whenever I get my hair cut, I always tell the stylist, just make it messy because that's how it will be anyway. I am a bit jealous of those of you with long, wavy hair.

Betsy

"God does not command that we do great things, only little things with great love" Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2010 :  11:44:04 AM  Show Profile
Betsy, I'm jealous of those with wavy hair too, because I would love to have long and wavy hair, like my aunt, who has beautiful, long, curly, black hair, but I'm content with mine just being long.
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  8:00:12 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
You all have beautiful hair and you are blessed to have it.
Megan, you are doing a wonderful blessing. My hair grows really slow. lol And I am a bit selfish because I worked almost 16 years to get it this long ( all most to my bottom) to cute it all off now.. Terrible aren't I?!
But keep doing what your doing!

Tanya, your hair sounds beautiful. My hair has a mind of its own too. lol
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  8:28:43 PM  Show Profile
Channah, my hair has actually grown a lot this summer. My Mom was looking at me a few weeks ago, and she was like "Your hair has grown really fast!" lol I didn't even notice!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  8:29:59 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Neat, Megan. :)
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

bjhuff
True Blue Farmgirl

325 Posts

Betty Jo
Sturgis South Dakota
USA
325 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  9:14:58 PM  Show Profile  Send bjhuff an ICQ Message
I have shoulder length hair and yep curly curly ( which gets really old) so I now will take some time and straighten it my kids got me doing this and I like it for one day because it is in my face and I hate that lots so ~~~ I where mine down allot and then if I am in a hurry the trusty pony tail on my wrist to put it is some way in a messy bun as the kids say or anyway I can!!!

***BettyJo****
Go to Top of Page

highlandviewpantry
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

WV
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2010 :  3:06:18 PM  Show Profile
Twisted up in a claw clip, in a bun, or what I call a twisty bun (halfway in and out of a rubberband)

www.thehighlandviewpantry.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

MTNSunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

Sunny
Tollhouse CA
USA
111 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2010 :  10:00:57 PM  Show Profile
Ponytail 98% of the time and that other 2% is down curly with a side swept up in a bobbypin.

Farm Chick #914
Go to Top of Page

Journaling Joy
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

Aleta
Pensacola Florida
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2010 :  5:44:06 PM  Show Profile
Picture a woman a couple years above 60 with white hair that's washed and blown dry every day. My length is just a tiny bit below the ears and a little longer in the back. Layered. I was a beautician for about 15 years and worked the earlier part of my adult life until
I had my first child after fourteen years of marriage. I haven't had another cut my hair since. I prefer to do it myself and fortunately I do a pretty good job. Don't know how I ended up having such white hair at a young age. I dry it going back at the sides and with a half bang, fluffed up on the top and turned under in the back. Usually looks well styled. I've been told I resemble Paula Dean,the chef. Happy Hair day everyone! Journaling Joy
Go to Top of Page

neeter302
True Blue Farmgirl

257 Posts

Anita
Hanover Indiana
USA
257 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2010 :  5:54:57 PM  Show Profile
Have any of you been coloring your hair for years and then decided to give it up. I'd really like to go natural but premature gray runs in my family and I've been coloring for 30 years. ( I know, horrible, chemicals, expense, etc) I wish I had all the money back I've spent over the years in perms, cuts, coloring, oh my. To tell the truth I've been coloring so long I don't even really know what my natural hair would look like other than I know it's mostly gray in front and salt & pepper in the back. Anyhoo, if any of you brave souls quit the color habit tell me how you did. I would also like to let my hair grow and put it up and stop fussing & fixing everyday. When I was growing up it was unheard of to wash & blowdry every morning, I would like to cut out with the blowdrying too, I'm so addicted and old habits are hard to break !! I remember the days when you washed your hair a couple times a week and it dried naturally, we didn't own blow dryers, curling irons, etc. We did some home perms though, wow the disastrous results were hilarious (not so funny at the time though) I am proud to say I finally cut out the acrylic nails, I was addicted to them for almost twenty years. It makes me feel great to get my hair done, but I'm trying to convince myself I don't really need to keep doing it, and needless to say it would save a LOT of money. I've tried coloring my hair at home and it was a disaster, I stained everything from the wallpaper, to the rug, the floor, and totally ruined my bathrobe, so I won't be doing that again !
Go to Top of Page

Journaling Joy
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

Aleta
Pensacola Florida
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2010 :  11:12:49 AM  Show Profile
I colored my hair different ways for many years. I mostly preferred frosting. However I did have it colored in dark ash blond until the color wouldn't hold and kept fading lighter and lighter. Started looking like a cheap blonde and I wasn't comfortable with that. Once my hair was so light it wouldn't hold any depth of tone. That's when I finally started the growing out process. My hair had
faded so light that it didn't look bad as it grew out. It really depends on how dark your tint has been. Some women who have darker tint on their hair will let it grow out some and then put some darker streaks in the white or grey. That way there is not such a line and so noticable. Once my hair became all natural my husband and so many other really liked it. I guess I'm used to it now and it does look distinguished rather than making me look older.
Course now I would never put color on it again. I'm ok with my myself this way. The transition takes time. Hair grow a half and inch a month on average. In six months you would be grown out 3 inches. Good luck and be brave. Journaling Joy
Go to Top of Page

new nona
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

jeanne
East Islip ny
USA
1 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2010 :  11:46:11 AM  Show Profile
i have medium length hair that is fine and curly - i am letting grow to shoulder length, layered and by the way i don't color it anymore so it's salt and pepper with a white streak in front! i'm getting used to it and my family seems to like it, so i'm going with the flow!

savor your life
Go to Top of Page

SusanScarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

317 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2010 :  4:07:49 PM  Show Profile
I have chin length wavy hair that God has highlighted with gray and my hairdresser highlights with a blonde and lowlights with a reddish brown. I'd love to completely stop highlighting. I'm searching for the correct hairstyle for my 60 year old face. There's a website about stopping coloring and going gray - www.goinggraylookinggreat.com
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2010 :  05:52:23 AM  Show Profile
I am letting my hair grow out and right now I have more gray in the front than anywhere else. Since it has been so hot, I have let it dry by itself since May and haven't had any complaints. I might be weird but when my nephew was killed 3 years ago, I cut my hair really short and repeated the cut every anniversary. I have decided since my husband died last April to let it grow and eventually have a ponytail or spend more time and really put it up. I have never been too crazy about fooling with my hair since I started going gray at 12 years old but husband liked dyeing it for me and so we dyed it for years. That will not happen again so I am learning to enjoy the gray. I had a hairdresser tell me one time--its all about attitude, darling!
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

Columbine
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

Pat
Plainwell Michigan
USA
45 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2010 :  07:16:19 AM  Show Profile  Send Columbine a Yahoo! Message
My hair growing out but not fast enough. Decided to perm. I like CJ's idea of doing it at home and cutting the cost. Once it is long enough I will simply french braid it or throw it in a ponytail. I DO NOT like to mess with my hair, don't even like to comb it if I don't have to.... too many other things I'd prefer to be doing :)

Nature thrives on patience; man on impatience.
- Paul Boese
Go to Top of Page

neeter302
True Blue Farmgirl

257 Posts

Anita
Hanover Indiana
USA
257 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2010 :  07:20:50 AM  Show Profile
Well, I'm trying to work up the courage to quit the color and all of your input has been helpful, No way of getting around the fact that it will make me look older, by about ten years I'd estimate. Don't mind aging per se, just want to age gracefully and still maintain a degree of youthfulness, is that too much to ask...LOL...I still get comments that I look young for my age, that I'm sure won't be the case when I stop coloring. I know...kinda superficial, artificial, and somewhat vain. Let's face it, the beauty industry is a billion dollar industry that feeds off our desire to be youthful and attractive. Deep in my heart I really want to be more natural and striving to live more simply, and that has beauty in and of itself, don't you think ?
Go to Top of Page

SusanScarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

317 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2010 :  08:44:15 AM  Show Profile
We need to remember what our mothers told us - beauty is what's inside. I've known many people that were perfectly beautiful on the OUTSIDE and perfectly rotten on the INSIDE. I'll go for beautiful on the inside any day. Mom was right !
Go to Top of Page

Journaling Joy
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

Aleta
Pensacola Florida
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2010 :  1:13:16 PM  Show Profile
It's interesting about how we look with our hair being natural and
white or grey. One thing I've noticed is the way people respond to me now in grocery stores and other places of business. Now I'm the senior adult with the nice white hair. People treat me so kindly and warmly. I direct a ministry that touches the lives of young women. It is a Pregnacy Resource Center. I think the softness of my appearance and the way my hair represents my age allows the women who volunteer there and our clients to feel at ease and I feel respected. White or grey hair brings benefits.
May you find a happy adjustment to the way we are transformed as we grow older. Hopefully wiser.....Happy Hair Day! Journaling Joy
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2010 :  10:48:37 AM  Show Profile
I should say that I would be glad to have hair. I lost my hair due to chemotherapy the beginning of the year. It has now started to grow back and is about 1/4 inch long. I figured it would be gray since that is what I was before it came out. It's not coming back curly either, but it's coming back. To make myself really feel good I got a wig for cancer patients and it's BLONDE. I can't wait to see what I will look like in it.

I'm just glad to have hair coming back in.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Farmgirl Fashion: Previous Topic How do you fix your hair? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page