Page: of 5

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 04 2010 :  8:41:00 PM  Show Profile
I have long hair, to the middle of my back. I wear a ponytail most of the time, or if I do yard work, I plait my hair. I do plan to grow my hair for another year, then cut it to give it to some organization that makes wigs for people who are going through cancer and loose their hair. This organization makes wigs to fit their hair styles. I've not had short hair in a very long time. I know my hair will grow back, but in the mean time, I really don't know what style to wear. My hair is rather curly and wavy. Oh, well... I'll deal with that later. LOL.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

MotherLodeBeth
True Blue Farmgirl

110 Posts

Beth
Calaveras County California
USA
110 Posts

Posted - May 07 2010 :  5:16:40 PM  Show Profile  Send MotherLodeBeth an AOL message
quote:
Originally posted by maggie14

How do you fix you hair? Since mine is pretty long, wavy, not to thick and not to thin, I like to wear mine up sometimes in a bun, and then sometimes I leave it down. I love to braid it too.
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219
Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.

Shoulder length, with a variety of pretty French clips as needed. Since I also wear a pretty straw hat when outside all year round, I also use pretty hair pins to hold the hat on, by making clipping some hair together which I can then place the hat pin thru.

~Beth~

~I am the best of France and California~
Go to Top of Page

Lindsay C
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Lindsay
Rogersville AL
USA
117 Posts

Posted - May 11 2010 :  09:12:17 AM  Show Profile
I just pull mine back in a ponytail most days. But I like to straighten it and wear it down when I have the time. It's also hard for me to resist pigtails when I'm working around the house, something about them just makes me feel youthful and energetic!

Lindsay
Farmgirl Sister #1452
Go to Top of Page

City_Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Christina
Omaha Nebraska
USA
509 Posts

Posted - May 12 2010 :  09:23:52 AM  Show Profile
My hair is thick, wavy/curly and almost to the middle of my back. I love vintage styles so most days I aim for a vintage hair look. Otherwise it is pulled up either in a looped side ponytail or pigtails. Yeah, I am really too old for pigtails at 36 but like Lindsay they do make me feel youthful and energetic. My bangs are ALWAYS done 50's era style otherwise they look rediculous and I usually have a big flower tucked in my hair on the side.

For those of you who are wanting to do rag curls here is a great blog on it. http://vixenvintage.blogspot.com/2009/05/how-to-do-rag-curls.html

Christina
Farmgirl Sister #195
City Chick & Friends Chapter Mama
http://thecitychicks.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

MargaretW
True Blue Farmgirl

99 Posts

Margaret
Dittmer Missouri
USA
99 Posts

Posted - May 13 2010 :  12:11:20 PM  Show Profile
I am letting mine grow (god love my husband) so until I get a perm (which I havent had one in many years because I kept my hair short) I pull it back into a ponytail and stick a ball cap on. (unless I am going out or to church, then I leave it down)

Margaret

Proud to be an American! There is nothing better on earth than our freedom!
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - May 14 2010 :  06:35:25 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
Just got mine cut again. It is chin lenth and layers. I just wash and wear. I have bangs. Mine is so thin and fine.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

Kangaroo Kate
True Blue Farmgirl

253 Posts

Teresa
Red Oak Texas
USA
253 Posts

Posted - May 15 2010 :  9:31:40 PM  Show Profile
I braid mine or wear it in a pony tail to keep it
out of my face.
It is fairly long and is thin and fine so easiest
way to control it. (smile)
I wear a hat a lot so that works good for me.

Kangaroo kate
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  05:57:17 AM  Show Profile
Mine is naturally curly and mid back length. it has natural blond highlights w/ light brown

It's wash 'n go here. I hate the loose tendrels on windy days so a do-rag works nicely. Most days it's piled up on top of my head or in a loose ponytail wound around at the base of my neck

Last summer I revisited using Sun-In. It was fun and my hair takes well to blonding. So i may do this again.

Haven't used a hair dryer in over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

knead2garden
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Ashley
Spring City TN
USA
359 Posts

Posted - May 21 2010 :  12:11:13 PM  Show Profile
Wash, towel dry and go. I have three little boys and no time (yet here I am on the computer). Maybe I just don't want to spend my time fixing my hair anymore.....yeah that sounds right!
Go to Top of Page

coffeemom
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Melody
Carlinville IL
USA
160 Posts

Posted - May 22 2010 :  06:20:10 AM  Show Profile
Mine is short, spikey, and colored. I am almost completely white, and WAY too young for that! (53..ha)
Melody
Go to Top of Page

JudyT
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Judy
Southwest Wisconsin
USA
196 Posts

Posted - May 22 2010 :  06:47:52 AM  Show Profile
I'm growing my hair out and can't wait to put it in a ponytail. I'm tired of fixing short hair everyday.

Judy~Farmgirl Sister #599
I was born a city girl, but I'm a "farmgirl" at heart, sharing my life at...http://dailyyarnsnmore.com
Go to Top of Page

SusieQue
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Susie
Greenville Ga
Georgia
603 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2010 :  07:06:59 AM  Show Profile
Mine is getting back longer, its below my shoulders and in layers. Wear in a ponytail when home and down for work. I have naturally curly hair so I do the "messy" look half the time and other days I will take time to make it more straight (according to my time is usually what I do).

"A mother is someone you never outgrow your need for"

http://drycreekfarms.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

peebs
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Yannira
Connecticut
26 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2010 :  7:16:35 PM  Show Profile
It takes me about 45 minutes to an hour to straighten my hair with the blow dryer, so I wear it naturally curly most of the time, especially in the summer and when it's humid out. I think it's time for a good old fashioned mayonaise treatment. I haven't done that in a while, and it leaves your hair really nice!
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2010 :  5:33:57 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
I usually straighten my hair. It's completely grey (I'll be 40 next week) and it is naturally wavy and curly. I usually wear it in a 1920's a-line bob. I dye it black about every 4-6 weeks.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

roseella
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

32 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2010 :  10:39:45 AM  Show Profile
My hair curls up so I keep it short. No bother with coloring anymore. Just accept the gray. No fixing just wash and wear hair these hot summer days.

http://myviewpaintingstoo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sarahpauline
True Blue Farmgirl

672 Posts

sarah
Ringgold GA
USA
672 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2010 :  12:59:40 PM  Show Profile
Ive had long hair most of my life with a few bouts of short stylish hair. Its long again, with bangs, sort of a chestnut color. I french braid, put it up in a bun with hair sticks or chignon a lot, put the front up in combs nad braid the back. I recently got these little corkscrew looking hair pins at wal-mart. (may god strike me dead for shopping there) they are made by scunci and they hold hair better than ANYthing I have ever used.

Oh Mr Darcy!

www.SarahPauline.com
www.AbraxasBaroque.com
Go to Top of Page

36paws20hooves
True Blue Farmgirl

161 Posts

Danielle
Weirsdale Florida
USA
161 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2010 :  6:54:37 PM  Show Profile
I work outside for a living, the extreme Florida heat is killer in the summer, with thick long (past my butt) hair I have to wear it up. Mostly in a bun or pony tail. My dad will lift the pony tail up and say "yep, its true... a horses butt". Most of my clients haven't ever seen me with my hair down so sometimes when I am in town they don't even recognize me. INCOGNITO :)

I'm so busy I don't know if I just found a rope or lost my horse!
Go to Top of Page

drag0nfly
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

sally
buckley mi
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  05:33:01 AM  Show Profile
i have long hair... i curl it with a curling iron so it's pretty and wavy down my back when i go out. When i'm home however, it's in pig tails, bun, or any other creative way to get it out of my face!
Go to Top of Page

katrina
True Blue Farmgirl

63 Posts

Katrina
The Dalles Oregon
USA
63 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  07:21:40 AM  Show Profile
I have had short hair (shaved at one point) for the last 7 years or so. I'm now growing it out, and it's just a bit past my shoulders. And I just french braided it for the first time the other day! I still get weirded out once in a while when I feel it on the top of my back, though .

www.WorkOfArtCreations.com
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2010 :  8:20:03 PM  Show Profile
My changes constantly but its my job being a hairstylist. Funny I work all day on other peoples hair and dont want to spend 5 minutes on my own. Its the one thing in our lives we can change easily and feel we have control over.
Go to Top of Page

woolgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

901 Posts

Elizabeth
Great Lakes IL
USA
901 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2010 :  9:20:25 PM  Show Profile
Mine is really long and straight. I have only been out of the military for a few months and I swore once I got out I was going to do something funky with it. Still haven't done it.
Go to Top of Page

shunger
True Blue Farmgirl

224 Posts

Suzanne
Helena MT
USA
224 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  7:41:43 PM  Show Profile
Mine has been short, short since 6th grade. I last had long hair in 5th grade -- it was really curly. I like mine short as I don't have to do anything to it other than wash and comb. If I had long hair, I'd wear it up and off my face and neck. Oh, yes, it's a light brown with lots of blond highlights and some white hair -- my mom's hair is pure white. Suzanne
Go to Top of Page

Turtlemoon
Farmgirl Legend Schoolmarm

378 Posts

Tanya
Port Orchard Washington
USA
378 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2010 :  7:26:52 PM  Show Profile
I have red kinky/curly hair half way down my back. It tends to get in my way quite often so most days it is in a loose french twist, so easy with a pelican clip. My hair has a mind of it's own anyway!

Raggedy Ann stuck in a Barbie Doll World

FarmGirl#1737

http://www.etsy.com/shop/moonhonu
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2010 :  9:55:56 PM  Show Profile
I'm officially growing my hair out again! For Locks of Love, that is! At my high school, since it's all girls, every year they have a Locks of Love assembly where everyone who wants to gets their hair cut in front of everyone else. I'll have to pull my highlights into a separate pony since they don't take bleached hair, but I can't wait to have long hair again! I plan on doing it all four years.
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

shunger
True Blue Farmgirl

224 Posts

Suzanne
Helena MT
USA
224 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2010 :  07:16:58 AM  Show Profile
Our daughter-in law sent her hair to Locks of Love -- good for you, that's a wonderful idea.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Farmgirl Fashion: Previous Topic How do you fix your hair? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page